ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle

Nach unten 
+22
smiler52
Ralph Kramden
jswallow
Freeman
tomtoon
hilly
Panasonic44
Jason
palatine3833
Lolsmurf
Holzroller
flippy1008
Joel_X82
Marpe
peterZZD
Inlja
JunGRail
EDawg
Amy Rose
JayKae
Dean W
26 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Gast
Gast

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 18:42

tomtoon schrieb:
sounds good david, so I am assuming the timetable will automatically change then aswell (which normally means the destination changes on the front of the bus?)

Yes just tested that, and the timetable is successfully changing between lines, correctly as per the tour. So when you reach Fenham, your knew timetable will be ready for you.

The destination won't change automatically, as that only happens when you're staying with the same IBIS 'Linie' code, and the 'Route' advances to the reverse route. However this is a change to a different line, so you'll be entering your new 'Linie' and 'Route' numbers at Fenham. But you have 1-3 mins at Fenham, so plenty of time to get set up. Wink

Cheers.

Zuletzt von David R am Do 14 Apr - 23:16 bearbeitet; insgesamt 4-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 18:44

jswallow schrieb:
I'm confused about AI buses not being able to change service number at a particular point.

On a map I've developed I have "light journeys" from garage to a starting point for a service at the beginning at end of the day. These display a service number (just so I know the bus is running properly and which light trip it's engaged in), e.g. showing "805 Sorry Not in Service". It then runs to the terminus of the service, then starts the next journey (as it's starting from the same track point), and changes its destination AND number to "7 Hove George Street" (for example).

And at the end of the day it does the opposite going back to showing "804 Sorry Not in Service" to head back empty to depot.

The reason this map won't work in that way, is because the 'terminus' point in Fenham, where the number change would occur isn't a real terminus - in OMSI terms - in that the route doesn't begin and end on the same road spline track. (opposite sides of the road, because the bus doesn't return the way it came). So if the 30/31 and 36 all culminated in a nice traditional turning circle, all would be good, as they'd all 'connect' in OMSI terms... but because the Fenham terminus is really just a point on a normal road where the bus changes it's number and continues off onto a new route (in the same direction it was already facing), OMSI struggles with it.

Therefore, I've done the route so that all AI buses run the 'seperate' number routes, and turn around at the Slatyford Depot turning area to continue back the way they've came.

Dave.

[EDIT: Ignore all of the above, I finally got ALL of the AI traffic to do exactly what the real buses do !!!! All Line 36 buses now automatically become 30 or 31 (alternating) buses! ........ Yeeeeehhhh!]

Zuletzt von David R am Do 14 Apr - 23:16 bearbeitet; insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 18:47

Yippee!

Is there any D92 limit on this route? Because I've sort of fell in love with SD85 Stagecoach Skin lol, and I don't want to look too out of place! Plus don't forget Stagecoach still have the old bangers on the street (mind you if the recent management are anything to go by, Stagecoach could be gone tommorow!)

Also, Fenham has a inlay stop? We aren't going to be blocking the street as we change IBIS? I mean, I'll be changing IBIS on the move like a real driver does anyway but I don't like blocking traffic if I can help it! Equally..there will be depot?!? I saw it in the video I think...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 18:52

flippy1008 schrieb:
Yippee!

Is there any D92 limit on this route? Because I've sort of fell in love with SD85 Stagecoach Skin lol, and I don't want to look too out of place! Plus don't forget Stagecoach still have the old bangers on the street (mind you if the recent management are anything to go by, Stagecoach could be gone tommorow!)

Also, Fenham has a inlay stop? We aren't going to be blocking the street as we change IBIS? I mean, I'll be changing IBIS on the move like a real driver does anyway but I don't like blocking traffic if I can help it! Equally..there will be depot?!? I saw it in the video I think...

All of the AI will be D92s in the 'stock' map, as it's pitched as being an up to date map, so I've got the newest buses available driving the routes Laughing ...however anyone who wants other buses as AI, it's really easy to change the AI list, and I'll happily show anyone who wants to do this and doesn't know how, how to do it.

There isn't an inlay stop at the Netherby Drive (Fenham) changeover point, so there won't be in the map Very Happy ......... however Stagecoach Slatyford Bus Depot is 2-3 mins away from Netherby Drive, and journeys that need to 'reverse' rather than continue as a different line, use the turning area at the front of the depot. The depot you saw a glance of in the vid was just a rough draft, about 5% complete, so expect a LOT more from the depot when the map is released. Very Happy

Cheers,

Dave.

Zuletzt von David R am Do 14 Apr - 19:30 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 19:28

....for those who don't know the North East of England and the City of Newcastle, here are some Google Earth images, showing the key terminus points of this map:-

(36) CITY CENTRE, NEWGATE ST

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 36_cit10

(36/30/31) FENHAM, NETHERBY DRIVE

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Nether10

(30) FAWDON

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Fawdon10

(31) MONTAGU ESTATE

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Montag10

Cheers,
Dave.

Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 23:20

YES.....YES....YES !!!!! (I'm excited as you can see! Laughing ).

I've just got all of the AI now doing exactly what the real world 30/31/36 lines do....completely automatically! So every Line 36 bus arrives at Fenham (Netherby Drive), waits 1 minute, then turns into a 30 or 31 (alternating), and continues.

bounce bounce bounce bounce

Ah man I am so chuffed... I wasn't at all happy about the AI having to go off to a 'false terminus' to turn around. This is a huge boost in realism for the map.

afro cheers afro

Cheers,
Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 23:40

David R schrieb:
YES.....YES....YES !!!!! (I'm excited as you can see! Laughing ).

I've just got all of the AI now doing exactly what the real world 30/31/36 lines do....completely automatically! So every Line 36 bus arrives at Fenham (Netherby Drive), waits 1 minute, then turns into a 30 or 31 (alternating), and continues.

bounce bounce bounce bounce

Ah man I am so chuffed... I wasn't at all happy about the AI having to go off to a 'false terminus' to turn around. This is a huge boost in realism for the map.

afro cheers afro

Cheers,
Dave.

Well done David.. excellent news :-)
Nach oben Nach unten
Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden

Anzahl der Beiträge : 207

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 9:41

David R schrieb:
Time permitting, I also have an idea for a project to record an English voice pack for more general use, with a variety of English accents inlcuded.[/quote]

If you want a broad yorkshire accent (Barnsley) then i'm your guy Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 9:48

Ralph Kramden schrieb:

LOL, thanks. I worked in the Dearne Valley (and stayed in Barnsley) for a year, back in '98, know the area well. Yes, as long as you can record a WAV file on your PC of semi-decent quality, you've got the job as 'Yorkshireman' in OMSI Laughing

Cheers,
Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 9:53

David R schrieb:
Ralph Kramden schrieb:

LOL, thanks. I worked in the Dearne Valley (and stayed in Barnsley) for a year, back in '98, know the area well. Yes, as long as you can record a WAV file on your PC of semi-decent quality, you've got the job as 'Yorkshireman' in OMSI Laughing

Cheers,
Dave.

What's tha want me to say?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 9:55

Thou'd get a script wi t'lines that thou should say, for each recording.

Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 9:59

Aye alreyt cock, send me a script when thas ready
Nach oben Nach unten
Joel_X82

Joel_X82

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 13:51

So far the buildings or building I'm trying to make is not going to well. scratch
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 13:59

Are we looking at a Friday release as per David? Or do we have to hold on a little longer for V1 Newcastle!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 15:06

Joel_X82 schrieb:
So far the buildings or building I'm trying to make is not going to well. scratch

Well don't worry mate, if it's any concellation I am absolutely hopeless at modelling Laughing but if you do get anything done, then great, but if not don't worry.

I think the specific buildings that I'd love to have for this map would be;-

- St. James Park (or even any decent football statium of about the size of NUFC; about 50,000 capacity).
- A generic 'ASDA' building as this route passes a couple Laughing
- More large Victorian buildings; for object placement in Newcastle City Centre.

...that's actually about it; the standard objects, used smartly, will be fine for most of the rest of the route.

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 15:12

flippy1008 schrieb:
Are we looking at a Friday release as per David? Or do we have to hold on a little longer for V1 Newcastle!

Laughing I wish, Flippy, but I reckon we're 4 Fridays away from release (including today, so maybe 3 weeks from now!).

I'm absolutely determined to get this one out absolutely as good as it can be at the first shot ...... no bugs, no IBIS errors, no pasengers facing the wrong way at stops, none of the normal annoyances we see in a lot of maps (including mine)... I want it perfect, so that the only complaints and suggestions are 'matters of taste' and subjective, rather than objective errors.

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 1:05

The first early development shots from the "Stagecoach Newcastle Part 1" map..... all work in progress.

The aim of this map is to model 'landclass' (to use a MSFS term). That is, to represent actual types of buildings, terrain and space utilization, as best as possible with with objects available in OMSI. This isn't a gamers map, or a map that tries to cover 4 different continents in 5km... Laughing it's aiming for maximum route realism. Obvioulsy people who know the West of Newcastle will appreciate the realism factors, but of course I'm hoping the map is still enjoyable for people who know nothing of the North East Very Happy

This is an early shot of the junction of Netherby Drive and Silver Lonnon, in Fenham, where Line 36 becomes 30 or 31 in one direction, and vice versa in the other direction:

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Prev2111

This is an early development shot of Slatyford Depot:

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Prev2210

Looking along Fenham Hall Drive, from the junction with Two Ball Lonnon

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Prev2310

Sacred Heart School, Fenham Hall Drive, starts to come together

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Prev2411

Opposite Fenham Baths, with Sacred Heart School in the background

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Prev2511

Thanks,
David.

Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 1:40

Amazing!
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 1:52

Are you giving your passengers flat caps?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 9:41

1812 schrieb:
Are you giving your passengers flat caps?

Lol!

Flat caps and Greyhounds?......this is Newcastle not Yorkshire! ....... we'll be giving out free Newcastle Brown Ale, Pease Pudding and Stotty Bread on these lines Wink

Laughing

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 11:04

David, ffs, stop those rushing maps! I HATE THEM!

Ok.. not serious this time. Those screens look really interesting, I can't wait to see the map finished - also we need more real routes, I think this one will be a great one! You got my support. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 13:05

LOL, actually my timescales may have been too optimistic!

I started scenery placement on the map at around 1am last night, done an hour or so, and then about 2 hours this morning....... and I've not scratched the surface of the total scenery that needs to be placed! .... you see with a closely modelled real world map, it's harder than a fictional map in some ways because you can't just say, er, I'll put a church there, or a office there ..... you gotta base your object placement on whats there in real life. It's pretty hard but only in that it's slow progress.... But I'm very happy with the results so far.

This pic is the junction of Barrack Road and Strawberry Place; the home of Newcastle United Football Club (St. James Park). For an example of the realism I'm striving for; that Esso garage you can see up the road, on the junction with Stanhope St is actually there, and yes it's an Esso garage Laughing ...the big flats behind it (just up Stanhope St) are called 'Queens Court' and look remarkably like the flats in the pic. :-

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Prev1_10

This pic is taken from Gallowgate, looking down towards Blackett St and Eldon Square Shopping Centre. The 'Glass Bridge' you can see ahead is there in real life and is a pedestrian bridge from one wing of the Eldon Square Shopping Centre, to the other. :-

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Prev2_10

Finally, this is the view on the junction of Blackett St and Newgate St, with St Andrews Church on the right of Newgate St. The vicar there is called Glyn Evans and is an avid NUFC supporter ; he gives out the football scores during his service, if Newcastle are playing! (Of course in real life, the bus stops are on the other side of the road, as we drive on the left). Newcy people will notice I haven't yet built the Co-op department store Wink :-

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Prev3_10

I'm aware that the pics shown so far are not remarkable in terms of how 'pretty' OMSI can be made to look ...... but this is about route and landclass accuracy so my real aim is that people who know Newcastle will say 'yes, that IS Newgate Street' etc.. Cool

Thanks for the support.

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 17:06

So you are making the streets as they are but mirroring the bus stops? I once started making a RHD map but I mirrored the traffic instead, placing the bus stops as they are in real life.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 21:48

peterZZD schrieb:
So you are making the streets as they are but mirroring the bus stops? I once started making a RHD map but I mirrored the traffic instead, placing the bus stops as they are in real life.

As there is no reliable method to get left hand path traffic working across a wide variation of splines & intersections in OMSI, yes V1.0 of this map is running 'on the wrong side of the road' (to us Brits Laughing ). If & when we see support for changing the direction of traffic, then I'd definately look to do an update to this map, which changed that.

So yes, bus stops are mirrored.

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 17 Apr - 17:42

I was in Newcastle visiting family today, so took the opportunity to take some pics of some of the main areas from Service 36 that will feature in this map. When I get more time and when the map has developed further, I'll post up some screenies from OMSI next to these pics, so you can see some comparisons:

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas10

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas11

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas12

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas13

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas14

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas16

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas18

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas15

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas19

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Newcas20

...these pics form just a fraction of Route 36 (these are just a couple of the City Centre stops, and the Netherby Drive end point), .....and remember that Route 36 is short at only 3.8km in length, compared to Route 30 (9.4km) and Route 31 (9.3km). ......so there's a lot more to come!

Cheers,
David R
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 3 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle
Seite 3 von 6Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter