ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle

Nach unten 
+22
smiler52
Ralph Kramden
jswallow
Freeman
tomtoon
hilly
Panasonic44
Jason
palatine3833
Lolsmurf
Holzroller
flippy1008
Joel_X82
Marpe
peterZZD
Inlja
JunGRail
EDawg
Amy Rose
JayKae
Dean W
26 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter
AutorNachricht
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 16:56

Which Newcastle are we on about Razz ? The UK one, the NI one, the one in Galway or Newcastle West in Co. Limerick? Just kidding, I know, which one. But still, good to ask something funny Razz
Hope you'll do well.
Nach oben Nach unten
palatine3833

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 8:54

I wish the both of you the best of luck. Will be great to have somewhere local to drive.

Regards
Gary
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 18:01

Lolsmurf schrieb:

Try not to make everything boring and make different settings like Sachsen anhalt map

Laughing

We will of course make the map as good as possible, but you can't compare it to Line 172 as that is a fictitious map, so the author was able to design it to be interesting. This is a real city and route, and like all real bus lines, some of it are boring in character! ..... but of course it's my hometown, so most of it isn't boring (I'm bound to say that Laughing ).
Nach oben Nach unten
Joel_X82

Joel_X82

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 11 Apr - 18:02

Just wondering how its coming along, too excited. Very Happy Also if I learn how to make buildings for OMSI I'll try and do some for the map if you want if thats alright with you two. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 11 Apr - 18:34

Hi,

The Newcastle map is coming along great thanks. In fact it's bizarre, I've not had one single technical issue with this map so far, which is perhaps surprising as the scenery area is around 5 times the size of the Dannenburg map area. (I hope I haven't jinxed it now!).

It's nice also, because the most unenjoyable part of map building (IMHO) is the placing or roads, intersections, gradients and z values .... and all that is done!

I'm finishing off some bus stop placement (there are a LOT of bus stops across the 3 routes), then it will be traffic lights, traffic rules, then the refinement of the timetable and AI (tracks & trips). Then it's just the easy part; scenery placement!

If you did do any 3D buildings, I'd love to use them in the map as long as the scale and resolution etc was suitable.

Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 11:00

Update:

Came across a 'design challenge' last night. I set up the tracks, trips and a dummy timetable for the 36. AI Buses were running great and displaying the correct matrix display when heading Northbound to Fenham. (and picking up passengers Laughing ),

However, 36 buses heading back into town, were NOT displaying the correct matrix destination ("City Centre"), although they were still picking passengers up. (Which confused me for a long time!).

After much investigation I found out it was because my current 'test' track for the 36 route, sees the outward 36 reach Fenham, but then it doesn't loop anywhere and doesn't end up on the same road track as the inward journey. This is causing the issue with "City Centre" not displaying, as OMSI requires routes to commence and terminate on the same track. (in order for the IBIS 'Route' cycling to work). This route can't because in real life, when it reaches Fenham, the 36 doesn't turn around and go back ........ it changes to a 30 or 31 and drives a different route.

What this means is that on this map, human drivers will be able to do as in real life; drive the 36 to Fenham, then switch to route 30 or 31 and continue onwards. however for the AI routes, I'm going to need to make the 36 buses run up and down that line, and the 30/31 buses run up and down their line - with each route looping and returning. Unfortunately this will be a necessary constraint for these routes in OMSI, due to the complex nature of these integrated routes.

but other than that, this map is going really well and is slighltly ahead of plan. Very Happy

Dave.

Zuletzt von David R am Di 12 Apr - 16:43 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 15:45

Looks and sounds good, will be good to see a real UK route.
Lets hope in the future some of the restraints you have found with OMSI get sorted out.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
Panasonic44

Panasonic44

Anzahl der Beiträge : 96

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 18:01

Hello,

I would like to say, what a excellent map you are making.

Is there any chance of make a 27 route From Newcastle to South Shields. Please i do have Go North East repaint.

Thank You.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://panasonic44.webs.com
hilly

Anzahl der Beiträge : 37

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 18:22

Hi,
Im liking the sound of this map because I also live in Newcastle and ATM I am just about to start making a map based around Tyne and wear which is the arriva routes 306 and the 308 which at one point of the route joins up with the 38 and I was wondering whether you would like to join them together in a later version if it is possible and only if you want to.
Thanks.
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 19:17

looks good, keep up the good work Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 20:30

Panasonic44 schrieb:
Hello,

Is there any chance of make a 27 route From Newcastle to South Shields. Please i do have Go North East repaint.

Thank You.

Possibly, wouldn't rule it out .... a cross-Tyne route would be nice.... But may look at the X34. Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 20:32

hilly schrieb:
Hi,
Im liking the sound of this map because I also live in Newcastle and ATM I am just about to start making a map based around Tyne and wear which is the arriva routes 306 and the 308 which at one point of the route joins up with the 38 and I was wondering whether you would like to join them together in a later version if it is possible and only if you want to.
Thanks.

306, 308....nice Cool Should be easy modelling the coast road, but then the hard part will be representing the actual coast, as OMSI doesn't do sea too well! Laughing Wouldn't rule out joining the maps if it were feasible. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Panasonic44

Panasonic44

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 20:38

David R schrieb:
Panasonic44 schrieb:
Hello,

Thank You.

Possibly, wouldn't rule it out .... a cross-Tyne route would be nice.... But may look at the X34. Laughing

You could joinup [All three Companies] to make a true realist route ( just a thought).

Zuletzt von Panasonic44 am Di 12 Apr - 20:42 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: NEW: 2 x Early Development Video - "Stagecoach Newcastle"   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 20:41

Hi,

Here are 2 early development videos from the Stagecoach Newcastle map. Ok, they don't show a lot Laughing .... but they give you a feel of the type and complexity of routes that are being modelled.

This 1st video, shows Service 36 reaching Netherby Drive (Fenham) and on this occasion, looping via Slatyford Depot, for a return 36 leg back to the City Centre. In reality (and in the addon) very few service 36 buses actually do this, as the vast majority become service 30 or 31, upon reaching Netherby Drive. Everything you see scenery and visuals-wise is at very very early development stage; which is why I've shrouded everything in snow! Laughing

Instead of watching the vid embedded, I would recommend double clicking and watching it full size, in Youtube. (SORRY THIS IS A LO-RES VID Embarassed )

==============================================

This 2nd video shows what the vast majority of Service 36 buses do when they reach Netherby Drive, Fenham; they become either service 30 or 31. You will be doing a lot of this in the map Wink

Instead of watching the vid embedded, I would recommend double clicking and watching it full size, in Youtube. (SORRY THIS IS A LO-RES VID Embarassed )

Thanks for watching Cool

Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
Panasonic44

Panasonic44

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 20:53

Excellent deveployment preview video. Laughing

PS does Slatyford Bus Depot include Stagecoach D92 Livery buses or not?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 20:59

Panasonic44 schrieb:
Excellent deveployment preview video. Laughing

PS does Slatyford Bus Depot include Stagecoach D92 Livery buses or not?

I don't think Slatyford or Walkergate Stagecoach depots use this livery (shown in the vids) anymore. Crying or Very sad But it's a great repaint and was as close as I could find. Very Happy

There's also a fantastic, old Tyne & Wear PTE livery for the SD77, available in the bus mods section. It's really special. These routes, once released, could be driven with that livery too, as this route's existed since the early 80s. We just need someone to model the 5 speed autoboxes from the screaming Leyland Atlantean's now, to go with that SD77 livery. (Or even better a Scania Metropolitan, like the one running Service 30 from my map, in my Avatar. The pic is from 1981). Cool

Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 22:47

Hi david, where can I get the english speaking passengers from??

thanks,
tom
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 23:27

tomtoon schrieb:
Hi david, where can I get the english speaking passengers from??

thanks,
tom

Hi, I made them myself (my brother as voice artist LOL!). To make them you need to note down all the WAV file names in the Omsi/Ticket Pack/Berlin-1 folder (luckily they're in English and descriptive; ie... "Too Cold").

Then you need to record your own verisons, then place them into one of the 'M' (male) or 'F' (female) folders in the 'ticket pack' folder (back up the originals!).

My Stagecoach Newcastle map will be released at the same time as a 'geordie' voicepack, specifically for that map, with all English voices (well if you can call geordie accents 'english' Laughing ).

Time permitting, I also have an idea for a project to record an English voice pack for more general use, with a variety of English accents inlcuded.

Cheers,

Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 23:40

Update:

Routes 36 and 30 are fully operational, with tracks, trips and timetables all set up. All AI, IBIS, displays, etc are now working 100%..... yipee!

Next task is to do the tracks, trips and timetables for the 31. Then it's finishing the installation of traffic lights (only about 18 sets left; that's 72 individual poles and lights!)...... then it will be street signs.

...then we're onto main scenery placement.

.....then finishing the 'geordie' English passenger voice recordings.

........then documentation.

............then full testing (to prevent being on version 24 by the afternoon of release Wink )

..............then who knows? Very Happy

..................a cuppa?

Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Freeman

Freeman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 55

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 23:55

Hello

Your Newcastle map looks nice so far and the concept is good! Keep up the good work - this should be an intresting map.

Nice smooth driving in those videos, although you did run down one of the twins Laughing

Freeman
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 8:24

Freeman schrieb:
Hello

Your Newcastle map looks nice so far and the concept is good! Keep up the good work - this should be an intresting map.

Nice smooth driving in those videos, although you did run down one of the twins Laughing

Freeman

She ran out in front of me Officer! Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 19:48

Rollblinds done this evening, for those who want to drive this route in the older style buses (the routes modelled in this map have been running from the late 70s to present day).

Also got the TTRs done for the final outstanding route (31), so just need to do the TTPs for it, then the TTLs and then the map is basically 'alive' in terms of AI and buses driving the route. Very Happy

But still a lot to do....

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Pte_bm10
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 15:37

Final work on the 31 route now completed....

All Tracks (TTRs), Trips (TTPs) and Timetables (TTLs) for the full map, across 3 different routes, are now completed.

The map is alive! AI traffic is performing as expected and I've just driven one full single direction leg of the map... (which on this map was [36] City Centre to Fenham [30] Fenham - Fawdon). The leg took 38 minutes (one way) and that included driving past some passengers at 2 or 3 or the stops.

Here's a reminder of your real world route map:-

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 30_31_10

The next few tasks on the project plan are:-

- Remaining Traffic Lights
- Street & Traffic Signs
- General Scenery (a HUGE task on this sized map)
- Testing
- North East Voice Pack

Cheers,
Dave.

Zuletzt von David R am Do 14 Apr - 23:14 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 15:47

sounds good david, so I am assuming the timetable will automatically change then aswell (which normally means the destination changes on the front of the bus?)
Nach oben Nach unten
jswallow

Anzahl der Beiträge : 57

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 15:53

I'm confused about AI buses not being able to change service number at a particular point.

On a map I've developed I have "light journeys" from garage to a starting point for a service at the beginning at end of the day. These display a service number (just so I know the bus is running properly and which light trip it's engaged in), e.g. showing "805 Sorry Not in Service". It then runs to the terminus of the service, then starts the next journey (as it's starting from the same track point), and changes its destination AND number to "7 Hove George Street" (for example).

And at the end of the day it does the opposite going back to showing "804 Sorry Not in Service" to head back empty to depot.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle
Seite 2 von 6Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter