ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle

Nach unten 
+22
smiler52
Ralph Kramden
jswallow
Freeman
tomtoon
hilly
Panasonic44
Jason
palatine3833
Lolsmurf
Holzroller
flippy1008
Joel_X82
Marpe
peterZZD
Inlja
JunGRail
EDawg
Amy Rose
JayKae
Dean W
26 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Dean W

Anzahl der Beiträge : 16

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Empty
BeitragThema: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 13:13

Zuletzt von Dean W am Mi 4 Mai - 15:26 bearbeitet; insgesamt 21-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

Anzahl der Beiträge : 248

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 20:38

Awesome stuff mate Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 23:31

Hopefully things won't screw up like that whole David Rogers fiasco last month
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 5:32

Sweet, can't wait!
Nach oben Nach unten
Dean W

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 12:20

Hi,

Thanks for your support Cool

Progress is going well on this map!

We'll give a more detailed update soon.

Regards,

Dean

omsi.addons@gmail.com

Zuletzt von Dean W am Di 5 Apr - 10:55 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 13:00

@ Amy, we all hope but lets put that behind us now please.

Dean and David, sounds awesome i am yet to try V10 of Spandau Modern - This game just gets better and better.

Keep up the good work! Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
Inlja

Anzahl der Beiträge : 51

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 13:55

Dean W schrieb:
Hi,

Thanks for your support!

Here is the 337 passing Hamburger Str, on it's journey out of Spandau and on to Fakensee. Please note that the entire area you see on this pic does not exist on the original Spandau-89 map, it is all new scenery, to the west of Fredustr. Very Happy

Please also note that this is another "work in progress" pic, far from being the final representation of the map.

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Flk3_b10

Details of how to obtain this exciting extension to your OMSI enjoyment will be made available soon. Very Happy

Dean.

Looks great.

Is it a real route for bus line 137?
*I look forward to your project. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Dean W

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 15:39

Due to technical issues and constaints that would have lessened the enjoyment of the map, we've cancelled the Falkensee Project, but as per the thread revision, we're working hard to complete an exciting real-world UK route project, set in Newcastle upon Tyne. Very Happy

We'll have osme pics of that project soon.

Dean.

Zuletzt von Dean W am Di 5 Apr - 10:59 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Inlja

Anzahl der Beiträge : 51

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 16:48

Dean W schrieb:
BV3500 schrieb:

Looks great.

Is it a real route for bus line 137?
*I look forward to your project. Smile

The 137 route already exists in the current "Spandau Modern" map from David.......

Did you mean, is it the real 337 route ? ....if so, yes, that is what is being modelled here.

Update:

Sadly, it's not a nice update to give you this time....... we've encountered a frustrating error/bug within the editor, whereby every single action we attempt to make on the extended tiles, results in a "INTERGERUBERLAUF" error, and a full crash of the OMSI Editor.

This happens when we try to place objects & intersections, place or move splines, set traffic rules, and program tracks, for the route. Any action at all that we attempt to make on one of the new tiles (extending beyond the Freudstr area) results in this error and loss of the editor. Crying or Very sad

It appears this means that almost all of the project beyond the existing "Spandau Modern" map will need to be re-created from scratch.

If this is the case, expect a pretty serious delay to this one............ This may be a blessing in disguide though as David and I had commited to a road/spline size for the Falkensee area that (in our testing) proved to be a little too narrow for the required volume of traffic. Switching to a larger spline size is not an aciton that can be done 'en-masse' in the editor, as all the intersections need changing too. So at least now, if the project does need starting from scratch, we can select a more appropriate spline size.

Sorry for the unavoidable delay.
Dean.
btw,have you deleted U Altstadt Spandau to Hoher Steinweg this section(tile)?
It might one of make you get error's reason. study

*David's Modern Berlin forgets to delete U Altstadt Spandau to Hoher Steinweg this tile....
So you might try delete this tile,then add new tile in Fredustr.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 17:50

That sets a question... have you exceeded a tile-amount limit or a object/spline-amount limit Razz ?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 18:10

Good luck, David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Dean W

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 18:45

[Double Post, please ignore]

Zuletzt von Dean W am Di 5 Apr - 10:57 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 20:16

Can you tell us the tile with the highest number?
Nach oben Nach unten
Dean W

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 20:48

Stagecoach Newcastle (30 / 31 / 36) - Update:

- All roads and intersections for routes 30, 31, 36 have been placed (around 14km for these routes alone). Route 38 will bew added in Verison 2.

- HOF file built (thank you to Janniboy for the excellent HOF Creator).

All is going very well!

Dean W
Nach oben Nach unten
Joel_X82

Joel_X82

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeDi 5 Apr - 16:28

THEIR IS A GOD!!!!!!! I've been trying to make a map for the X82 but failing miserably. If I can help in anyway then let me know, also how are you planning on doing the central motorway underpass on The Great North road and are you going to put Slaty bus depot in? Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeDi 5 Apr - 18:01

Amy Rose schrieb:
Hopefully things won't screw up like that whole David Rogers fiasco last month
No, let's hope not even though he is David.

Are you planning on making a map in the UK or an extension to the Spandau map....?
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeDi 5 Apr - 18:06

The 337 hit a technical bridge...they had to rebuild the entire map...so I believe they canned it and just started from Scratch!
Nach oben Nach unten
Dean W

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeDi 5 Apr - 18:48

Joel_X82 schrieb:
THEIR IS A GOD!!!!!!! I've been trying to make a map for the X82 but failing miserably. If I can help in anyway then let me know, also how are you planning on doing the central motorway underpass on The Great North road and are you going to put Slaty bus depot in? Very Happy

Hi Joel,

That's a bizarre coincidence, the first local map that Dave (development partner on this map) sent to me was the X82 !! Eldon Square to Throckley I think ? I'm not from the North East (Dave is) but as I recall it, the route was more or less a straight line (West Road) until it turned left into Throckley. It was a great map - I'm not sure if Dave still has it, as he did say it was his test ground for this more complex 30/31/36 map.

I'll have to ask Dave how he's approaching the underpass at the central motorway - I think at the moment, the underpass isn't modelled, with the Great North Road running out of Barrass Bridge up towards the town moor. It's good to see at least one local 'Stagecoach Newcastle' guy on here, that'll definately appreciate the map!

[EDIT: Ok, I've checked and the aim is to model the underpass near barrass bridge (more than likely simplified to a degree) and yes, Slatyford depot will be positioned, near the Netherby Drive switch point between line 36 and lines 30/31 Very Happy ..... we will probably just use the standard depot object in OMSI but it will be there!].

Dean.
Nach oben Nach unten
Dean W

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMi 6 Apr - 8:56

Here's a copy of an email that David sent to 'Flippy' in response to some questions that he had. David has copied over to me and suggested posting here, for those interested in both the current 'Stagecoach Newcastle' and the postponed 'Falkensee Extension' projects:-

Zitat :
Hi Flippy,

It was very frustrating to have to stop work on the Falkensee Extension, but we suffered some serious 'gremlins' in OMSI in that area of the original map! We traced the issue to the very thin street spline that runs North past Freudstr on the original map. In the original map, perhaps this particular spline was not designed to have anything attached to it ......... and it didn't like our attempts to extend beyond this road by 5.1km to Falkensee! There's no logical reason why we shouldn't have been able to extend beyond that road (Spandaur Str) but as was documented, we just got constant "Intergerlauf" errors and unrecoverable crashes, every time. We may try again, but we need a break from this project for a bit first!

However we've definately made the right decision as the Stagecoach Newcastle map is coming along fantastically (better than we'd hoped). It covers a wide area of the West and North of Newcastle. All roads and intersections are down for the first 3 lines. We're currently now in the process of placing no less than 34 sets of traffic lights, on the junctions of the map. We then have around 1,000 street lamps (estimated, may be more maybe less!) to place. At that point, I'll construct all of the TR, TP and TT files to get the AI and timestables built up. The HOF file is already complete done; covering all termini, bus stops and routes for the 30 / 31 / 36 lines. The small matter of scenery placement for the whole map will then be done.

We're about a month away from release but cannot wait to get this one completed, as we're confident it will be well received by the community.

I'll let you know when there's more to report Jon, or if there's any testing of trialling you could do for us. I don't know if you're any good with basic modelling, but we would love a 'plain sign on a pole' that we could enter text into (in paint.NET or similar), to be used as a sign to demarkate the areas of Newcastle that these lines pass through; Eg. "Fenham", "Benwell", "Elswick", "Gosforth", "Kenton", "Fawdon" etc to name but a few.

Regards,

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMi 6 Apr - 22:42

It's not worth showing any pics of the map just yet (as it's all just roads, intsections, traffic lights and bus stops at the moment Laughing ), but here's a couple of associated pics to get you warmed up for this one.

This map is my home town, so I'm stoked to be covering it, and very passionate abotu making it as good as I can Cool

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle 1_bmp10

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle 2_bmp10

Thanks.
Nach oben Nach unten
Holzroller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 10

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMi 6 Apr - 23:07

Nice to see this, I used to take the bus between Gosforth and Fawden when visiting relatives in the 70's. I think it was route 30 then, but with proper yellow/ white buses Wink Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMi 6 Apr - 23:28

Holzroller schrieb:
Nice to see this, I used to take the bus between Gosforth and Fawden when visiting relatives in the 70's. I think it was route 30 then, but with proper yellow/ white buses Wink Laughing

That makes you older than me! Laughing ...but yes, you can't beat the old egg yellow and white buses of Tyne and Wear PTE. It all went downhill after deregulation in '86 Evil or Very Mad

Well you'll certainly be able to relive your journey on this map, as you say the route hasn't changed in a lot of years.

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Joel_X82

Joel_X82

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeMi 6 Apr - 23:46

Yep Dean I will more than appreciate this map and also while I've got the chance thanks a lot Dave for creating this map, I know it will be good but how are you going to be approaching Eldon Sqaure will you be using the new bus station or the old one? I've been waiting all my life literally for a map of Newcastle to drive a bus around. cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 12:30

The aim is to give a general realistic feel to the route, with built up suburban areas where they should be, and rural areas (like the Town Moor) where they are in real life.

(I'm also battling with the OMSI Editor to get the gradient right for Westgate Road "Motorbike Hill", I've almost won! Laughing )

But remember that the map will be 99.5% standard OMSI objects - I make no apology for that - unfortunately, I'm no 3D modeller! Laughing

Eldon Square Bus Concourse isn't featured yet as the 30/31/36 don't visit there, but Percy St (which the concourse is on), IS already built in terms of roads and intersections. The plan is to launch V1 with the 30 / 31 / 36 routes, then V2 will add the 38 (after I've "slotted in" Ferguson Lane, and built new roads out East to the Freeman Hosp Very Happy )..... then for V3, who knows, maybe the X82 as the West Road is all built and ready, as far as Silver Lonnon intersection, so would just need to extend up to Newburn, Blucher and Throckley).

All these place names and plans will mean nothing to people who don't know Newcastle, but bear with us!

But to re-iterate, the highlight in terms of realism in this map, will be the accuracy of the route and 'landclass' features. People expecting to see a 3D model of St. James Park (Newcastle United FC) will be disappointed I'm afraid! Laughing

Very Happy

Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
Lolsmurf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 12:59

I hope you use the new signs from some dude who made them ?

Try not to make everything boring and make different settings like Sachsen anhalt map
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle
Seite 1 von 6Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter