It's about time that I provide you all with an update on how my system performs with OMSI.
My system specs are:
- ASUS P5Q Deluxe motherboard
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0GHz running at 3.6GHz (400MHz FSB, 9x multiplier, 1.2375v - STOCK VOLTS!) prime-stable, tested using LinX 0.6.4 for 12 hours
- Noctua NH-U12P heatsink with one Noctua NF-P12 fan running at 1300rpm
- 8GB Corsair Dominator PC8500 DDR2 RAM 5-5-5-15 running at 4-4-4-12
- Powercolor AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6850 1GB graphics card with AMD Catalyst 11.4 early preview drivers clean-installed
- 4x 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black hard drives
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64
All I can say is that the game performs very well with these specifications even at high graphics settings. The system in its current state will out-perform many i7 systems under benchmarking so I am happy with it for now.