ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"

Nach unten 
+5
Thiago
smiler52
ediblechickenwing
Ian-C
tomtoon
9 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Gast
Gast

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Empty
BeitragThema: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 14:21

Hi all,

Thanks for the fantastic reaction to "Stagecoach Newcastle, Part 1", it really means a lot. There are over 200 hours of work in the map, so it's very satisfying to see the kind comments over on the "Real Maps" section. Very Happy

PART 2, is actually the same thing as "V2" of the map. What I mean is that I am calling the next route + scenery extension on the map "Part 2" because it's a completely different route, unrelated to the 36/30/31, and 85% of the road routing is completely different to the routing of the 36/30/31. But....... they will all all stay on one map. Very Happy

So just the same as "Spandau Modern" started with just the M37, then got new routes, scenery and extensions, the same will happen with "Stagecoach Newcastle". New routes + scenery will be added and the version number will increase.

Here are some early developments screenshots from the work to bring the "X82" route onto the map

Firstly, let me explain that the X82 route commences in Newcastle City Centre, just like the 36. However, whereas the 36 terminates over a 'loop' of 3 standard bus stops in the City Centre, the X82 is different; as it is lucky enough to have a spot in a more traditional bus station Laughing So the X82 commences at Eldon Square Bus Concourse. Now this is a large, modern bus station, integrated into a shopping mall. OMSI doesn't have the appropriate objects in the library yet, to portray this too well ... however I am modelling the bus station is the correct location; it just has a different appearance.

PIC 1: "An X82 laying over at Eldon Square Bus Concourse"

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" X82_1_10

PIC 2: "The X82 bus stand at Eldon Square [work in progress - unfinished]

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" X82_2_10

PIC 3: "An X82, shortly afer departing Eldon Square, meeting a 36 at the junction of Newgate St and Percy St"

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" X82_3_10

PIC 4: "The same situation from the 36 perspective, looking down Percy St. (Eldon Square is situated on Percy St).

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" X82_4_10

Thanks,
David.

Zuletzt von David R am Mi 11 Mai - 11:52 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 14:43

thanks david Smile looks great Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 14:48

Cheers. What's nice about this route is that;

a). 85% of it is brand new roads and scenery.
b). It's a nice straightforward point-to-point route, so a nice contrast to the complex 36/30/31.
c). There are 3 main 'meeting points' where the X82 does meet or share roads with the 36/30/31 so will be nice from a AI perspective.

The X82 is a pretty long route, running from the City Centre to the far west limit of the City of Newcastle, about 8km I believe. But it's limited stop so nice for people who don't like the busy 'start-stop' nature of heavy urban routes like the 36.

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Ian-C

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:00

That all sounds great David, and looking at the quality of part one i'm getting exited already.

I'm also glad it's a point - to - point as i get confused at the switchovers on the 36/30/31 and also it is limited stops so get to do a biit of driving, not just stopping all the time.

I drove busses here in west London for about 2 years and thats the bit that broke the camels back, it's not so much bus driving as bus starting and stopping.

I have been thinking of putting together a map of my local area but am currently struggling with the editor and also i would not be able to do any models required and there are some pretty complex junctions here that i could probably not put together using the junctions that come with OMSI.

Anyway looking forward to part 2.

Keep up the good work.

Ian
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:02

David R schrieb:
The X82 is a pretty long route, [...] about 8km I believe.

*cough* Long? LOL

Joking aside, looking good already Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:08

long as compared to a gaming map with fictitious 2.2km routes... Of course, not as long as the 36/31 which is a shade under 14km. Wink

Zuletzt von David R am Do 5 Mai - 15:13 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:12

Ian-C schrieb:
That all sounds great David, and looking at the quality of part one i'm getting exited already.

I'm also glad it's a point - to - point as i get confused at the switchovers on the 36/30/31 and also it is limited stops so get to do a biit of driving, not just stopping all the time.

I drove busses here in west London for about 2 years and thats the bit that broke the camels back, it's not so much bus driving as bus starting and stopping.

I have been thinking of putting together a map of my local area but am currently struggling with the editor and also i would not be able to do any models required and there are some pretty complex junctions here that i could probably not put together using the junctions that come with OMSI.

Anyway looking forward to part 2.

Keep up the good work.

Ian

Hi Ian,

The 36 <> 30/31 switchovers are pretty straightforward;

- Set up a new bus and load a Tour that starts at City Centre Newgate St
- Drive to the bus stop "Netherby Drive South" using IBIS Linie 3600 and Route 01.
- On reaching Netherby Drive South, let the timetable in OMSI "pop up" to reveal your timing performance, then;
- Close it off and check your in-cab timetable (press 'insert' key) to see if you need to be on a 30 or 31 next.
- For a 30: Use IBIS Linie 3000 and Route 01, For a 31: Use IBIS Linie 3100 and Route 01.
- Off you go! ..... follow the '30 / 31' helper arrows. Very Happy

Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:12

Well yeah I suppose. Just took me by surprise because my two local routes are around 53km and 74km one way lol.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:13

Great, get them made in OMSI, look forward to trying 'em Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:15

Oh that would be torture LOL, I could never stick doing that. I might manage the old short version of 158 (the 53km one at full length) which is roughly half and used to be in the middle of the day but not the whole thing as it is now lol... I'd love to do them but I wouldn't have the patience to do such a long route especially knowing that I'd have to do a substantial amount of new models and roads to make it look decent (which is beyond my capability as it stands). I prefer the other route (click) mostly though.
Nach oben Nach unten
smiler52

Anzahl der Beiträge : 93

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:47

david i got one for your next one at least 95.26 mile 153.306 km if the covertor site is right taking a 4hrs and 30 mins one way from poole dorset to Exeter devon is first hampshire and dorset x53 service http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/southwest/dorset/timetables/timetable.php?day=1&source_id=2&service=X53/X54&routeid=2282861&operator=7&source=sp
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 15:53

Everything about the way OMSI is set up; the buses, the traffic, the splines, etc etc isn't well suited to those types of routes (long distance), and also personally, I have no interest in those types of routes, so I'm afraid they won't be on my list. Wink .... I'm not saying they can't be done; you can do any route length, but if they're done at present, with the splines and buses we're currently limited to, they won't work well IMO.

Length doesn't = necessarily the best route maps and enjoyment in the simulator. That's my take anyway, others will feel differently. If I ever did want to punt for a long route, it would be the National Express Line from Newcastle to London Victoria. (425 or 525?.... not sure these days). Very Happy ... but it's unlikely...

How did a preview of the X82 get into a tangent on 'long routes' anyway? Laughing ...oh yeah, because I called it a 'long route'....

So sue me! Laughing

Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 16:08

Couple of OLD photos of X82's, departing Eldon Square :-

(nice roll blinds in the first one!)

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" X82_re10

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" X82_re11

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 17:38

I'm not from UK neither had the opportunity to visit (yet), but since I started searching about buses a long time ago, Stagecoach livery still stands for me as one of the most beautiful liveries in the world.
X82 is getting awesome! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
Joel_X82

Joel_X82

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 22:57

Even older one here rendeer

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" EJR111W2-1

And another one, (note that the roundabout is no longer there).
[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" G924TCU3
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 0:33

Great Pics! .... I used to travel to my friends house in Throckley in the 80s, on the "Busways" version of the X82 above.

That was back when there was also a X80 (Dumpling Hall Estate), X81 (West Denton Park) and X83 (Heddon-On-The-Wall), along with the X82 (Throckley) ...... all great routes. Crying or Very sad

Thank god that roundabout is now a junction! (There are hardly any roundaboutsin the OMSI object library).

I added some electronic bus stop displays to the 'developing' Eldon Square Bus Station tonight;-

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" 78_bmp10

Cheers,
David
Nach oben Nach unten
Freeman

Freeman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 55

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 1:36

Hi David R,

The new screens look very good, Ive downloaded version 1 but have only played it twice so will give feedback in that part of the forum when ive played it a bit more Very Happy

I think you are doing a great job with providing the community with many different maps and mods (e.g. the voices) - keep it up, you are well respected here!

lol - its funny how this guy is called Joel_X82 when thats the route you are creating! coincidence

Look forward to seeing more! - I also hope to create a Stagecoach network for Canterbury soon - maybe in June or something when I have time

Freeman
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 2:24

Wow it looks very good, Part one is awesome so I'm sure this is going to be great as well.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 8:11

Freeman schrieb:
Hi David R,

The new screens look very good, Ive downloaded version 1 but have only played it twice so will give feedback in that part of the forum when ive played it a bit more Very Happy

I think you are doing a great job with providing the community with many different maps and mods (e.g. the voices) - keep it up, you are well respected here!

Look forward to seeing more! - I also hope to create a Stagecoach network for Canterbury soon - maybe in June or something when I have time

Freeman

Thank you. Canterbury would be an interesting one to do!

Freeman schrieb:

lol - its funny how this guy is called Joel_X82 when thats the route you are creating! coincidence

Joel was here first, with that name Very Happy ... but the X82 passes the family home that I grew up in, so by coincidence I chose it as the next route for this map. Smile

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 8:17

Update on X82 extension:-

completed

- Eldon Square bus station now built (in correct location on Percy St, which was already on the V1 map).
- Road Splines & Intersections for the full extension now placed.
- All X82 Bus Stops (there are only 9 stops each way on this route) placed, along with people and bus stop helper signs.
- All X82 Route Helper signs placed.
- Tracks (TTRs), Trips (TTPs) and a provisional Timetable (TTL) for the X82 set up; The AI is alive and driving the route!
- X82 details added to HOF file (termini. Bus stops & routes still outstanding)

outstanding

- Adding [Bus stops] and [Routes] to HOF file. (for IBIS)
- Adding all of the scenery on the extension (which runs from "The Denton Hotel" (See 30/31 routes), up to Throckley. + Stanhope St.
- Testing & refining the X82 timetable.

Revised Stagecoach Newcastle route map, showing X82 route;

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Trertt10

http://aussiex.net/omsi/Stagecoach_Newcastle_30_31_36.pdf

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 11:50

Further update to ^^^^

- [Bus Stops] and [Routes] added to HOF. Depot File now fully completed.
- The IBIS (Linie & Route) are tested & working great, even with the 'X' in the number! Very Happy
- Timetable tweaked & completed.

Linie will be: 08236, with Routes 01, 02.

Cheers,

David

Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 17:53

wait, are you releasing this with V2?

If so, awesome Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 18:40

tomtoon schrieb:
wait, are you releasing this with V2?

If so, awesome Very Happy

Yes, absolutely, this extension comes with V2. Release date currently 1st June, but project is currently ahead of schedule, so an earlier release hopefully. Wink

It's a very different route to 36/30/31, so a nice contrast.

Cheers,
David
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 19:18

Very good, David! You are really fast. Shocked
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
Joel_X82

Joel_X82

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 19:51

Freeman schrieb:

Joel was here first, with that name Very Happy ... but the X82 passes the family home that I grew up in, so by coincidence I chose it as the next route for this map. Smile

Cheers,
David.
[/quote]

Haha, same Dave it passes my house aswell, (aswell as the 6/7/8/10/39/40/684/685 and the old 49).

Also as important Stanhope St. is; the X82 uses 95% of the time Corporation St. and occasionally Westgate Rd. (the steep bit with the bikes) so would it not be best to place these streets in as well.

Really liking the screens so far cheers

Joel
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"   [NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]:  "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)" Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[NEW PREVIEW VIDEO]: "Stagcoach Newcastle Part 2 (X82)"
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter