ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Need help on GFX settings.

Nach unten 
+10
disc
CityBus
JunGRail
krtz07
supertoast92
Marpe
Ralph Kramden
kd
fan79
Tiedemann
14 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Tiedemann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Need help on GFX settings. Empty
BeitragThema: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 17:57

I don't get a smooth framerate and can't seem to find the right settings. There are these small hiccups now and then, like freezing for a few ms.

Here's my specs and I would love to get some hints on how to set things up as I'm a bit lost.

CPU: CORE I7 950 3.06GHZ
GPU: 2 X GTX 480 in SLI.
Sound: Creative X-Fi Platinum.
RAM: 8GB

No OC on anything.

Tried to set lower quality on a few things and tried changing the amount of allocated RAM too but the stuttering is still there, even though it might make it a more smooth ride I just can't get rid of it.
Nach oben Nach unten
fan79

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 19:32

I have a similar spec comp to you, with 64 bit windows 7.

I have exactly the same problem. It's not really bad, but it's annoying with the split second freezes and low fps (especially near Rathaus spandau). Sometimes it drops to 6.

I have minimum graphics settings set but then it still freezes.

Wish I knew the solution, but I suspect there isn't one
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

Anzahl der Beiträge : 121

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 21:04

fan79 schrieb:

I have exactly the same problem. It's not really bad, but it's annoying with the split second freezes and low fps (especially near Rathaus spandau). Sometimes it drops to 6.

What if you tried the opposite and increased the Tile number up to 10 or so?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden

Anzahl der Beiträge : 207

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 21:29

kd schrieb:
fan79 schrieb:

I also have the same problem & after playing around with the graphics settings I managed to make it a bit smoother. I unticked "low res textures in distance"(I think thats what its called) changed the view distance from 600 to 900 & increased the neighbour tile count from 1 to 2 & I increased the texture memory to 1 gig. I still have the occasional freeze but it doesn't happen as often & it's not as severe & the game is now playable.

The only downside with the above settings is that when it's raining the FPS drops to about 15 Sad

My specs

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0ghz 1333 FSB
4gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1333mhz
XFX GTX260 Black Edition 896mb DDR3 216 Cores
M/B Intel DX48BT2
O/S Vista Ultimate 32bit
Nach oben Nach unten
Tiedemann

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 22:02

Ian84 schrieb:
kd schrieb:
fan79 schrieb:

I also have the same problem & after playing around with the graphics settings I managed to make it a bit smoother. I unticked "low res textures in distance"(I think thats what its called) changed the view distance from 600 to 900 & increased the neighbour tile count from 1 to 2 & I increased the texture memory to 1 gig. I still have the occasional freeze but it doesn't happen as often & it's not as severe & the game is now playable.

The only downside with the above settings is that when it's raining the FPS drops to about 15 Sad

My specs

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0ghz 1333 FSB
4gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1333mhz
XFX GTX260 Black Edition 896mb DDR3 216 Cores
M/B Intel DX48BT2
O/S Vista Ultimate 32bit

Hm.. that helped a lot.
I also maxed the Complexity stuff and raised that tile thing to 5 and now it runs much better. Still needs some work though but I'm not sure how much more we can improve it ourselves.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 6:45

Wow, that's a gaming computer, and you get low frame-rate? Shocked

I got the worst PC ever, can't run a lot of games, but this game I run without problems!! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 15:23

Marpe schrieb:

I got the worst PC ever, can't run a lot of games, but this game I run without problems!! Wink

Hmm Suspect
Nach oben Nach unten
supertoast92

Anzahl der Beiträge : 77

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 21:15

I found that reducing the AI buses to, or keeping the setting around, level 3 or less helps maintain a relatively decent framerate (upper 20s, lower 30s). I tried level 4 and my frames basically TANKED, just as they did when I tried the Depot Parade bom

My configurations:
Core i7 870 @2.93GHz (with Turbo Boost it hangs around 3.20GHz while in-game)
EVGA GeForce GTX470 SC 1280MB GDDR5 VRAM
4GB DDR3 system RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Nach oben Nach unten
Tiedemann

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 19:33

supertoast92 schrieb:
I found that reducing the AI buses to, or keeping the setting around, level 3 or less helps maintain a relatively decent framerate (upper 20s, lower 30s). I tried level 4 and my frames basically TANKED, just as they did when I tried the Depot Parade bom

My configurations:
Core i7 870 @2.93GHz (with Turbo Boost it hangs around 3.20GHz while in-game)
EVGA GeForce GTX470 SC 1280MB GDDR5 VRAM
4GB DDR3 system RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

I don't mean to be an ass cause I love what they've made but this game/sim needs some serious optimization. There are barely any GPU usage and the CPU isn't exactly working overtime either, I can disable/enable as much as I want but I've only ONCE got over 30 Razz.
Not only isn't high quality any reason for low fps but the fact that I can drive around in an nearly empty city at night and gain 2-5 fps says a lot.
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 19:46

Reduce the drawing distance down to see if that would work, also take any kind of "force" texture size limitation off as well. Such as uncheck use low res textures only. Found out it actually uses more CPU resources, no idea why as it goes against everything I know! Decrease the tile count down to 1 or 2, also set the max human count down to 100, also the AI car count down to 100 as well. The schedule priority settings could weigh in as well, set those to either 1 or 2.

Hopefully they will optimize it for multiple core CPUS sometime in the near future!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 19:50

That's weird, but I don't think it's everyones experience. I have a C2Q Q9650 @ stock 3.0Ghz, with only 4GB RAM and a 8800 GTS 512Mb and I get 30 FPS solid, even with decent settings, and about 24FPS in the rain. This game runs far smoother than almost anything else on my system. I typically get around 24 FPS with medium setting on Flight Simulator X but I have OMSI set up to look far better and get stable, smooth performance.

I am using Win XP SP3, so I wonder if this game prefers the older platform, compared to 7. (Vista doesn't even deserve a mention!).

Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 19:52

Marpe schrieb:

I have the same system, and i can tell you its not the game its the system. Most 32bit games will work smooth but still have trouble keeping up with the fast calculations, especially this software. It sounds stupid but 64bit systems aren't really for games yet. You're better off running 32bit on 4GB and have a huge HDD (Makes all the difference, trust me) and a 1GB graphics card with a motherboard that can handle fast caching, to and fro from the GFX processor to the main processor causes bottlenecking.

I switched back to XP on my 8GB RAM machine, fair enough 32bit cant read more than 4GB if that, i really notice the difference not just with OMSI but with the other road simulator games that have high detail graphics, in dense areas XP doesn't faulter. Mine is a fresh boot so there's nothing but OMSI on the system but as i start installing my other simulators, it may change.

Personally i had it, thinking that 64bit is any good, its debatable at this stage.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 19:59

Absolutely agree JunGRail Cool

When I bought my PC (2 years ago now) it actually came with a 64-bit OS and I had tonnes of trouble with FSX, as well as all of the music production software that I also use. Drivers didn't work properly but the main frustration was poor performance and lack of stability.

I erased the OS and loaded up my trusty Win XP 32bit OS and never looked back. Gained FPS as well as smoothness and stability.

It's a funny old world - 64bit should be an advancement - but as you say, it certainly doesn't seem to translate to that in the simualtion / gaming world.

Dave.

Nach oben Nach unten
Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 20:24

I'm currently running Vista but I may invest in a second harddrive & dig XP out.
Nach oben Nach unten
CityBus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 122

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 20:43

Two weeks ago I bought a new system. It is a Intel Core i5 760 Quad Core with 4GB RAM and a Geforce GTS450 1024MB videocard. I was thinking about getting Windows 7 but decided to stick with my "good old Windows XP". OMSI runs like a charm (also solid 30 fps) so it could be your operating system.
Nach oben Nach unten
disc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 1:42

Strange... i hadn't any problems with fps or anything playing fsx or other games on win7 64bit, or even earlier on vista 64bit sp1...
And now i have no problems with OMSI too, by enabled complex scenery(draw everything on tile) and reflexions, setting loaded tiles to 1, because in city it's enough since you can't see further because of the buildings, and since omsi's tile loading isn't working in seperate tile, the slowness of HDD-s always gonna make it stutter a bit, but just until all of the unique objects cached into the memory. After that the hdd is not needed, and the RAM is much faster Smile
playing on: athlon x2 4400+, radeon hd3870 512mb, 6gb of ddr2 ram.

To stop initial stuttering, on tile load, you can buy pc for thousands of $ but it won't change much. Maybe with and ssd instead of hdd it will. The best solution is that to make a ramdrive, and copy the whole omsi to it, and play from there, or wait for the developers for correct multithreading Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Tiedemann

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 11:58

disc schrieb:
Strange... i hadn't any problems with fps or anything playing fsx or other games on win7 64bit, or even earlier on vista 64bit sp1...
And now i have no problems with OMSI too, by enabled complex scenery(draw everything on tile) and reflexions, setting loaded tiles to 1, because in city it's enough since you can't see further because of the buildings, and since omsi's tile loading isn't working in seperate tile, the slowness of HDD-s always gonna make it stutter a bit, but just until all of the unique objects cached into the memory. After that the hdd is not needed, and the RAM is much faster Smile
playing on: athlon x2 4400+, radeon hd3870 512mb, 6gb of ddr2 ram.

To stop initial stuttering, on tile load, you can buy pc for thousands of $ but it won't change much. Maybe with and ssd instead of hdd it will. The best solution is that to make a ramdrive, and copy the whole omsi to it, and play from there, or wait for the developers for correct multithreading Very Happy

I've also tried running it from my SSD and didn't notice anything else than nice load times (was on a WD black drive though).

I'll try to run it in XP 32 later on one of my other computers but I still think that shouldn't be necessary for such a new game.
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 13:12

But if we take a look on his PC, he could run OMSI on very high settings without any problem... He got great processor and 2 great graphic cards connected in SLI... It's a fail that he got low FPS even on low settings.. So what PC's got Marcel or Ruediger then? Better than NASA?

Also my problem is:

When i add even simple clouds it takes over 10 FPS, when i set a rainfall or snowfall i can't play anymore... You got problem like that too?

I hope the upcoming patch will give much better performance...

Zuletzt von Kernel am Mi 2 März - 13:17 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 13:16

Kernel schrieb:

But if we take a look on his PC, he could run OMSI on very high settings without any problem... He got great processor and 2 great graphic cards connected in SLI... It's a fail that he got low FPS even on low settings.. So what PC's got Marcel or Ruediger then? Better than NASA?

For some reason they wont tell us, they just keep saying it varies with everyones computer....... Evil or Very Mad

Marcel/Rudiger, TELL us what spec computer you use to run OMSI, it's not a hard question to answer!
Nach oben Nach unten
Tiedemann

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 14:38

Here is what I've just tested:

Loaded profile PC 2011 then changed the following stuff in the menus while driving and standing still.

E/D = Enabled/Disabled
N/C = No Change

Restarted game when needed.

General:

Smooth View Transition In Driver View:
E/D = NC

Driver's head Moves:
E/D = NC

Collisions with other vehicles and landscape:
E/D = NC

Visible driver in own bus:
E/D = NC

Graphics

Target framerate:
200 (got to believe:P)

Neighbour Tiles Count:
1 = NC
2 = NC
3 = NC
4 = NC
5 = NC

Max obj visibility distance:
800/2000 = NC

Min obj size:
1,3%/0%/3% = NC

... for reflexions
4.60%/20,77% = NC

Real time reflexions:
Economy/Full = NC

Particle systems:
Enable/Disable = NC

Max object complexity:
0/3 = NC

Max map complexity:
0/2 = NC

Stencil buffer effects:
Enable ALL/Disable ALL = NC

Sun glow effect:
E/D = NC

Advanced:

Textures:
Use only low res textures:
E/D = NC

Limit all textures:
E/D = NC

Low res textures in high distance:
E/D = NC

Max tex mem for high-res tex load:
1024/512 = NC (400-600MB used)

Use material channels:
Enable ALL/Disable ALL = NC

Gained a total of 3 fps by disabling Stencil buffer effects, Use only low res textures, Limit all textures and Use material Channels.
The reason for no change is that when standing still I gained it but when driving it was no change at all + some some variation because of traffic and all that. Whatever profile I use I don't gain more than a couple of FPS. This just shows that there is more than enough power but it is hardly used.

Changing/Disabling/Enabling the following had no impact whatsoever:
SLI (on by def
HT (off by def)
Real Time priority
Game on SSD drive (was on a WD black)
AV
Steering Wheel
Steering Wheel software
Onboard sound card (was X-FI "whatever long name")

I don't have any monitoring software right now so I haven't checked the CPU/GPU utilization all the way other than a few times. Never seen this game use more than 30% of the GPU and around 60-90% on ONE CPU core (90% was 2 sec after map load).
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 14:25

from what your saying it appears that OMSI isn't optimized enough, I have been thinking this for quite some time now.

Fraps shows FPS on OMSI to be between 15-28FPS on the main spandau map, But ( and here's the clincher ) I have recently been playing the multiplayer demo of Crysis 2 ( remember how CPU/GPU intensive Crysis 1 was ) and have been achieving the high 80's in FPS with everything maxed in game.

Now surely that HAS to tell you something about the way OMSI has been coded.

Marcel / Rudiger, it would be of great benefit if you were to make OMSI utilize all cores efficiently and also use the GPU better, There is no way most of us should be getting low to mid 20's in FPS on OMSI when our systems can handle much higher detailed games/simulators with a higher FPS.

I think at the very least we should be getting 55-70FPS on the main Spandau map and 100+ on the demo map, Please do not take this as a bash as I know it can be awkward but I really do think you need to look at the OMSI exe and dependencies to find a way to make it utilize more cores and achieve a faster FPS.

Many people have paid a decent amount of money for OMSI and to only be getting 15-28FPS on a quad core 3Ghz with 4GB or more of Ram is a slap in the face to all of us.

Please fix this FPS issue with OMSI so we can enjoy it Properly!! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 14:41

OMSI also easy losts FPS, once i have 25 few second later 10 and again 25, it is annoying a bit...
Nach oben Nach unten
Tiedemann

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 14:00

random.monster1981 schrieb:
from what your saying it appears that OMSI isn't optimized enough, I have been thinking this for quite some time now.

Fraps shows FPS on OMSI to be between 15-28FPS on the main spandau map, But ( and here's the clincher ) I have recently been playing the multiplayer demo of Crysis 2 ( remember how CPU/GPU intensive Crysis 1 was ) and have been achieving the high 80's in FPS with everything maxed in game.

Now surely that HAS to tell you something about the way OMSI has been coded.

Marcel / Rudiger, it would be of great benefit if you were to make OMSI utilize all cores efficiently and also use the GPU better, There is no way most of us should be getting low to mid 20's in FPS on OMSI when our systems can handle much higher detailed games/simulators with a higher FPS.

I think at the very least we should be getting 55-70FPS on the main Spandau map and 100+ on the demo map, Please do not take this as a bash as I know it can be awkward but I really do think you need to look at the OMSI exe and dependencies to find a way to make it utilize more cores and achieve a faster FPS.

Many people have paid a decent amount of money for OMSI and to only be getting 15-28FPS on a quad core 3Ghz with 4GB or more of Ram is a slap in the face to all of us.

Please fix this FPS issue with OMSI so we can enjoy it Properly!! Smile

It doesn't look like it's anything else than normal so I guess I'll just get something else. My eyes can't work with this for hours no matter how good the sim is.

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
Zitat :
I uninstalled it because I couldn't even get 30 fps.

Uh, in this case, I think most of us should uninstall Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 74

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 2:28

By the way I set my FPS target to 30 fps, somewhere I read (manual?) that even if you could have 40 fps at a given time but you limited it to 30, there is that much more computing power for physics, ai, etc.
Kinda makes sense.
So I wonder, someone said 200 fps target rate... just how much does it even matter at the end of the day, what it is set to
Nach oben Nach unten
http://tarcdnb.deviantart.com/
Tiedemann

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 3:15

Tarc schrieb:
By the way I set my FPS target to 30 fps, somewhere I read (manual?) that even if you could have 40 fps at a given time but you limited it to 30, there is that much more computing power for physics, ai, etc.
Kinda makes sense.
So I wonder, someone said 200 fps target rate... just how much does it even matter at the end of the day, what it is set to

The whole point here (for me that is) is that I find it hard to play for hours with such low fps. The bus (interior) isn't the problem but the scenery, traffic etc. is.

And computing power for physics etc. is absolutely understandable, but the logic isn't' there when the game utilizes 1/4 CPU cores and around 40% GPU. There should be plenty of power left to fix this. It's not like I think everyone has a gaming PC like I do, but most desktop PC's comes with 2 cores these days so there should be something to gain for everyone.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Need help on GFX settings.   Need help on GFX settings. Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Need help on GFX settings.
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter