ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Best possible graphic settings ?

Nach unten 
+2
kd
Lolsmurf
6 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Lolsmurf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

Best possible graphic settings ?  Empty
BeitragThema: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeSa 5 März - 16:34

Hi all

I am playing OMSI for a week now and I was wondering what are the best garphical options.

Check my screens, I want better optimalisation (I downloaded the texture mod already which gives some bloom, but why are the lines on the road not sharpened and are the shown double on a furhter distance ?).

If anyone can help me out to define the optimal options for best quality availble I would like to hear it...

The thing that bothers me the most are those lines on the road.

My specs are: AMD Athlon X6 hexacore 4GB RAM with nvidia GTX 460 1 Gb. I can run other games (like black ops or cryis on highest without any problems)

Check screens:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/settings1.png/

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/settings2.png/

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/examplexs.png/

Changed thread color // Jan
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

Anzahl der Beiträge : 121

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeSa 5 März - 18:28

Set your anisotropic filtering higher in your graphics card's driver.
You can set it as high as you want, the bottleneck is usually the CPU here anyway.
Nach oben Nach unten
Lolsmurf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeSa 5 März - 19:14

How you mean ?

I found how to change the AA stuff and it worked, but sometimes I get laggy game...

I dont understand because I can run games like Crysis on highest without going under 50 or 60 fps...

So my cpu isnt strong enough for this kind of game ? (newest generation hexacore 4Gb RAM from AMD ????)
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

Anzahl der Beiträge : 121

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeSa 5 März - 19:25

Lolsmurf schrieb:
How you mean ?

I found how to change the AA stuff and it worked, but sometimes I get laggy game...

I dont understand because I can run games like Crysis on highest without going under 50 or 60 fps...

So my cpu isnt strong enough for this kind of game ? (newest generation hexacore 4Gb RAM from AMD ????)

No, what i mean is that AA and AF settings don't really affect the game's performance in my case. Because it is the AI stuff (hence the CPU) that keeps the FPS low on the Berlin map for example.

You should set anisotropic filtering to at least 4x or higher.
Nach oben Nach unten
tanzboy

tanzboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 26

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeSa 5 März - 21:23

Sorry guys, where's the "anisotropic filtering" option?
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeSa 5 März - 21:44

In the graphics card driver (right-click on desktop).
Nach oben Nach unten
tanzboy

tanzboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 26

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 1:51

Thanks! cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 8:45

Sorry to add to the old post but i'm having stable frame rate issues on community maps. It jumps from 19FPS to 36 then back to 19, then back to 36 then back to 19 and it makes the gameplay movement stutter, not like a loading stutter but as if it's jumping frames sort of thing. Anyone had this issue?

I never have this problem on the spandau map, just the community maps, i can check my GFX card settings, but its a 1GB NVidia 9500GT, 3.0GHz Processor, ASUS Motherboard, 8GB RAM and Win XP - Although 32Bit only reads 3.0GB RAM, i will change up to Win 7 64bit very soon as that sounds like it's more stable.

Anyway it's just that issue id like to resolve. if i select rainy in the weather i get a stable frame rate of 19 and its smooth.

Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 9:01

JunGRail schrieb:
Sorry to add to the old post but i'm having stable frame rate issues on community maps. It jumps from 19FPS to 36 then back to 19, then back to 36 then back to 19 and it makes the gameplay movement stutter, not like a loading stutter but as if it's jumping frames sort of thing. Anyone had this issue?

I never have this problem on the spandau map, just the community maps, i can check my GFX card settings, but its a 1GB NVidia 9500GT, 3.0GHz Processor, ASUS Motherboard, 8GB RAM and Win XP - Although 32Bit only reads 3.0GB RAM, i will change up to Win 7 64bit very soon as that sounds like it's more stable.

Anyway it's just that issue id like to resolve. if i select rainy in the weather i get a stable frame rate of 19 and its smooth.

I had exactly same problem.
Moreover, I have exactly same graphic card ! Very Happy

I have changed my windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit and it's much much better Smile
Do that as quick as you can !

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 11:49

[quote="CristianSkytter
I had exactly same problem.
Moreover, I have exactly same graphic card ! Very Happy

I have changed my windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit and it's much much better Smile
Do that as quick as you can !

Regards.[/quote]

Im skeptical of that because i had vista and was getting the black screen issue when the frames dropped really low, so worried if i change from XP to windows 7 it wouldn't work plus the other programs id like to use which work on XP will not work in 64 bit windows 7, totally different OS in the way it's written.

There must be a solution because the spandau map is pretty big and graphical and i have no problems at all.

Switching to Win 7 i counteract that, i cant afford to waste money on an OS which will give me the same problems as Vista
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 12:17

JunGRail schrieb:

(...)so worried if i change from XP to windows 7 it wouldn't work plus the other programs id like to use which work on XP will not work in 64 bit windows 7, totally different OS in the way it's written.(..)

To be honest: most of people say that. But personally I've never had any problem with program installations till today.
I was worrying too but even my software to music production works pretty well!

What about black screen:
Have you installed patch 1.01?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Best possible graphic settings ?    Best possible graphic settings ?  Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Best possible graphic settings ?
Seite 1 von 1