ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

English Download Version

Nach unten 
+86
cf4180
theneomaster
peterZZD
hilly
supertoast92
TurryBoeing
Code-121
Hexta
harry7430
win173d
evo
SpeedbirdA320FO
tripel7
MrArchos
Cas
mldaureol
Marek
EDawg
Zuthix
Eggtooth
cvitan
8v71
Aficio
Foob
Ralph Kramden
madlewis
WoodenSpoons
Thiago
tomtoon
kazz2860
Speedy_Sticks
Xaid0n
Neobus_Citta
Daniel C
Pedro
brunoc
Rudy
Viking84
gneb
martijn189
Freeman
fan79
jord123
and995
jay_zhead
kevo37
rzr09
thenthornthing
ediblechickenwing
aarongilp
Scenicruiser
yahav
JayKae
rem31450
Marpe
makkafaction
EdjKa
Joost1991
DavidW
cmcn121
hcaoc
FR1GTS
random.monster1981
crazyjefke
Davidthebusman
scania_n270ub
Kristian
ruicp
Razor
GLaDOS
JunGRail
Stefan
krtz07
Neven
Amy Rose
Se7en
DIMI
Kernel
scaniaomnidekka
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Skiv
flippy1008
BusRider
Marcel Kuhnt
90 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Weiter
AutorNachricht
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

English Download Version - Seite 13 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:18

Daniel C schrieb:
Am I the only one who finds all the angry and bad tempered posts just a bit ridiculous? So it's a little late, but is it really the end of the world? You'd be hard pushed to find a game these days that is available on the first announced release date anyway. If this is your reaction to a very small delay, I'd hate to have seen your reaction to the Gran Turismo 5 delay!

You've managed to wait over a year for this title, is another couple of days really going to hurt?

To the people asking for compensation: Show some respect. You expect compensation for a miniscule delay?

Have some patience, relax, go do something else, the game will be out when it's out.

It's not a miniscule delay, the game was supposed to be released TODAY, some people managed to download it, most haven't and the fact that aerosoft have not even botherd giving us a VALID reason for todays mess is just a joke!

They knew FINE WELL that OMSI was going to be a popular game to buy, yet they didn't bother preparing for it.

A Demo should be released for those who werent able to get the game today.
Nach oben Nach unten
yahav

Anzahl der Beiträge : 36

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:18

At least release a video, I nerves I'm dying to play this game, or at least see something from him, but I saw him from video 4 500 time
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:19

Daniel C schrieb:
Am I the only one who finds all the angry and bad tempered posts just a bit ridiculous? So it's a little late, but is it really the end of the world? You'd be hard pushed to find a game these days that is available on the first announced release date anyway. If this is your reaction to a very small delay, I'd hate to have seen your reaction to the Gran Turismo 5 delay!

You've managed to wait over a year for this title, is another couple of days really going to hurt?

To the people asking for compensation: Show some respect. You expect compensation for a miniscule delay?

Have some patience, relax, go do something else, the game will be out when it's out.

Good point. Having to wait is no biggie. It`s not like Aerosoft killed the servers on porpoise, they didn't expect that amount of traffic.

And to the people who are acting like it's the end of the world. Step back from your computer and slap yourself. It's a game. You do not need it. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Zuletzt von BusRider am Fr 18 Feb - 19:21 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
yahav

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:21

yahav schrieb:
At least release a video, I nerves I'm dying to play this game, or at least see something from him, but I saw him from video 4 500 time
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Daniel C

Daniel C

Anzahl der Beiträge : 20

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:27

Walker schrieb:
TML employee

No, I'm just slightly confused as to why everyone is overreacting so much.
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:29

Well the jamming of their servers was probably not expected, so they done all they could do.It is only 2:30PM here, yet over in Germany it is roughly at 10PM at night? Hopefully they will work over the weekend to get this resolved. If not, hopefully they can release OMSI sometime next week. I am waiting until the English version of OMSI to be released before downloading it though. In the mean time, you guys could slowly translate the manual so if you guys do download the current German version, you have a good sense what to do. There is some extremely detail stuff in there. M and R were not lieing about the amount detail they put into the sim. There is no need about complaining about murply's law, why not take the opportunity to read the manual!! The release of the manual albeit German for now, should at least tie you guys over for much of the weekend!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Pedro

Pedro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 68

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:34

Daniel C schrieb:
Walker schrieb:
TML employee

No, I'm just slightly confused as to why everyone is overreacting so much.

It's late, it's the end of the week, and I'm sure that many of us would like to enjoy OMSI during the weekend since most of us (at least me) simply don't have the time to play during the week. All I've thought about all day was getting home and buying OMSI. I got up at 7:30 (8:30 Germany time) to see if the guys at Aerosoft had put it up for download yet. I refreshed the website every 30 seconds.

You can call me a lifeless bastard for doing it, and I'd agree 100% with you.

Personally, I'm just pissed at how incompetent the morons from Aerosoft were/are still being. Not only did they severely underestimate the ammount of server traffic they would get, they refuse to fix this situation. They didn't even promise us a release on Monday. All they said is that "We'll have more info for you on Monday". This is just a complete lack of professionalism, and I think you'll agree here.

I agree with you, we're all acting like idiots over here, but that's all we can do right now. It's pointless, but it helps a bit with the frustration I think.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:36

Daniel C schrieb:

Firstly, this is NOT Gran Turismo 5 so do not try to relate this to that.

Secondly, People were told 18th Feb 2011 for release, it is on Aerosoft's site as 18/2/2011, it is on Here as 18/2/2011, when people are told a product is released on a particular day, we expect it to be ready for purchase ON that day.

Thirdly, Games are released on their announced release date, Gran Turismo 5 had never once had an exact release date prior to November 2010, simply due to the amount of detail and issues PD had with collecting track data, car data for over 1,000 models

And of course PD has started to use more of the RAW Processing Power of the PS3 GPU/CPU which hindered them a bit.

Marcel Fucked up Big time when he chose Aerosoft as the Distributor.

Let me tell you all what I would have done.

I would have made the download available free from the OMSI site directly, then I would have done it so that you would purchase the SERIAL from Aerosoft.

And if you ran OMSI without a serial, it would load up as a demo which would unlock once a purchased cd Key ( which you buy from Aerosoft ) was entered.

This would allow us all to get our hands on it, and once a cd key would be purchased from Aerosoft, an email containing a CD key would be sent to the buyer.

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Fr 18 Feb - 19:38 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
brunoc

brunoc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 188

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:36

Well ... It is a big letdown on Aerosoft... I mean ... not working overnight In order to sell 1000,2000 ... who knows how many copies... That is just not easy to believe...

Who can guarantee that next monday will not be another overflow ? If they are not working for the weekend in order to fix it ...

Well... another 50,60 hours...

Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:40

brunoc schrieb:
Well ... It is a big letdown on Aerosoft... I mean ... not working overnight In order to sell 1000,2000 ... who knows how many copies... That is just not easy to believe...

Who can guarantee that next monday will not be another overflow ? If they are not working for the weekend in order to fix it ...

Well... another 50,60 hours...

Marcel/Rudiger should release a demo version!
Nach oben Nach unten
yahav

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:41

With all due respect, I think to boycott and not buy them the game
Nach oben Nach unten
brunoc

brunoc

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:49

yahav schrieb:

Sorry... but After all those previews, it is rather not probable,everyone is anxious for it...

BrunoC
Nach oben Nach unten
yahav

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:52

brunoc schrieb:
yahav schrieb:

Sorry... but After all those previews, it is rather not probable,everyone is anxious for it...

BrunoC

I also have keen, you can just download it.
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:52

They said, they will probably fix it on Monday... how the hell they can add word probably... They should fix it on tomorrow, not on monday... If i would be a Marcel or Rudiger i would contact million times with Aerosoft and force them to fix it asap. My friend was lucky and he bought game, just were watching him via Teamviewer, tear in eye that i can't play it now too.

It is one of biggest fails ever.

English Download Version - Seite 13 482
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

Anzahl der Beiträge : 197

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 19:56

I thinks it is horrible of Aerosoft to do this to us!!

We have waited 2-3 years for this game and now we cant download it?!

All this is just a big F***ing mess!!

But... They should release a demo!!

But they shoud have the download version tho Steam...

They know how to do this!!

Not Aerosoft...

But we will se on Monday... Soo lets just count down to Monday.... :'(
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:01

Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:02

Okay, some more words on the matter. We know and feel how disappointed you are, in fact we would have reacted the same way if we had been on the customers' side. Of course we as the developers are disappointed, too. But the point is that we cannot change the situation at the moment. There have been several issues today which, in addition, have lead to this unfortunate situation:

Firstly, there had to be a last-minute patch on the exe solving a bug which might have appeared on your computers. This took us until early afternoon.
When the download version was finished, Aerosoft was unable to successfully upload it due to major problems with their provider. So in this point, they cannot be blamed.
Then, once OMSI was finally uploaded, the download server collapsed due to the massive traffic of people constantly trying to download.

I don't know if the guys at Aerosoft really were fully aware of the amount of traffic to be expected, but they have worked really hard trying to fix the problem and I hope they will continue before Monday.

Although I fully understand the uproar, the only way is to keep patient. I know that sucks, even more with you all having waited for so long and being so full of anticipation, but we'll have to wait until Aerosoft has sorted everything out.

We are really sorry and do apologize profusely.

PS: Concerning a demo version: With OMSI being a very open system, there are so many loopholes that would need closing, that it would take much more than just a weekend to get a safe and reliable demo version done.

Zuletzt von Rüdiger Hülsmann am Fr 18 Feb - 20:04 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Daniel C

Daniel C

Anzahl der Beiträge : 20

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:03

random.monster1981 schrieb:
Daniel C schrieb:

Firstly, this is NOT Gran Turismo 5 so do not try to relate this to that.

Secondly, People were told 18th Feb 2011 for release, it is on Aerosoft's site as 18/2/2011, it is on Here as 18/2/2011, when people are told a product is released on a particular day, we expect it to be ready for purchase ON that day.

Thirdly, Games are released on their announced release date, Gran Turismo 5 had never once had an exact release date prior to November 2010, simply due to the amount of detail and issues PD had with collecting track data, car data for over 1,000 models

And of course PD has started to use more of the RAW Processing Power of the PS3 GPU/CPU which hindered them a bit.

I used Gran Turismo 5 as an example of a delay (at E3 concrete release date was given as November 3, the game was then released on November 24).

There are many games which have failed to meet the announced dates (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/113/1137372p1.html to name a few). There are many game-delaying issues that can crop up at the last minute, and it seems that's what's happened to Omsi. I'm sure we're all looking forward to its release, but after all it's just a game - it will be released when it's ready to be released.
Nach oben Nach unten
brunoc

brunoc

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:06

Rudiger, thank you... continue updating us if possible ...

Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:11

Thanks to Aeroshit, we have to wait 'till Monday, but it's all right! I don't mind waiting some extra days..! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:11

This certainly has explained it clearer. Just basically apparently bad luck happens in three's so that should be it haha

Hopefully Aerosoft will get a few guys in this weekend just to at least make the server more capable for Monday because the issue lies that if it got flooded with traffic today, they need to fix it up for Monday, otherwise you are literally just moving the load over from one day to another and not really sorting anything out haha.

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11882&s_design=simulation4u&shopfilter_category=Simulation4u&s_language=english

Any consolation, the download box, without the text, has now been placed on the Omsi main page, along with the Wednesday English Manual update....progress in a moderated style!

With that in mind, though, surely the game doesnt need to be out until Tuesday, download it, prepare it, and then download the English manual on Wednesday and get playing. The manuel is like 120 pages thick so, bar the credits and stuff, there is over 100 pages of usefullness in it...but Aerosoft CANNOT delay the manual after this....no way can they get away with delaying it twice...the game till monday and what the guide till the following, no, never. We understand the reasons today, but not twice...for their reputation!

Zuletzt von flippy1008 am Fr 18 Feb - 20:17 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Neven

Neven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 100

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:13

I have been following OMSI for years and I will patiently wait until the release (hopefully next week).
Technical difficulties happen and I perfectly understand why OMSI release has been postponed. I do not mind waiting at all. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:16

Walker schrieb:
Updated

http://aerolitegaming.co.uk/omsi
ROTFLOL! Nice one. Razz

Oh, and thanks R.H., that really clears things up for me.

OMSI is on its way! cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Neobus_Citta

Neobus_Citta

Anzahl der Beiträge : 114

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:18

Hey guys, you should really calm down. We have been waiting for 4 years or so, and you are acting up for just three days?

I don't know why did you guys got angry. OMSI was supposed to release in 35 days. You would wait for that, and not for three days. Come on... Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.autobusi.net
BusRider

BusRider

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version - Seite 13 Icon_minitimeFr 18 Feb - 20:21

Neobus_Citta schrieb:
Hey guys, you should really calm down. We have been waiting for 4 years or so, and you are acting up for just three days?

I don't know why did you guys got angry. OMSI was supposed to release in 35 days. You would wait for that, and not for three days. Come on... Wink
Agreed. Anyway, it seems level heads have prevailed. No more heated posts.

The haters can boycott this if they want, I'm still buying this awesome game no matter what happens! Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten

English Download Version
Seite 13 von 30Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Weiter