ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Graphics card?

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Andyc22

Anzahl der Beiträge : 32

Graphics card? Empty
BeitragThema: Graphics card?   Graphics card? Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 16:32

Arrghhh, I bought this game last night, played quite a bit on the tutorial run, didn't get much lag at all, thought that my specs were going to be good enough... (2.4 ghz quad core processor, 3GB ram and a 8800GTS 640mb card) but when I played the Berlin map it was terrible, the jumping of the bus was happening now and again even when I turned down a lot of the settings and the frame rate was poor.

What card would I need for OMSI to run smoothly in Berlin but doesn't cost more than £150? I simply can't afford some of those flashy £300 graphics cards Crying or Very sad I think my processor and ram is good enough, it's probably just my graphics card that is failing it.
Nach oben Nach unten
jswallow

Anzahl der Beiträge : 57

Graphics card? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Graphics card?   Graphics card? Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 17:16

I spent a whopping £35 + VAT on a Inno3D 9500GT 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

No bouncing buses at all since changing to it, even on the Berlin map.
Nach oben Nach unten
Andyc22

Graphics card? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Graphics card?   Graphics card? Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 17:31

jswallow schrieb:
I spent a whopping £35 + VAT on a Inno3D 9500GT 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

No bouncing buses at all since changing to it, even on the Berlin map.

Wow, I thought my 8800GTS would be better than a 9500 but clearly not! What are the rest of your computers specs? I just had a quick look around for graphics cards, may get a 9800GT but only if I know OMSI will run smoothly with it.
Nach oben Nach unten
GelbenOmnibusse

GelbenOmnibusse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 16

Graphics card? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Graphics card?   Graphics card? Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 17:58

Hi there,

I play OMSI on a Pentium E5200 @ 2.5Ghz (dual), with 3GB Ram and a old GeForce 8600 GT with 256mb. (Windows 7 now says it has 512...dunno why!)

At the first time i did get the jumping buses on the Spandau map, but just before buying a new card i changed my operative system from the old Windows XP to Windows 7...

... it worked for me! I dont play with everything set to the maximum and i dont get top performance, but the jumping buses are now something of the past! Dont know what is your OS, but this upgrade has saved me a few euros.

Graphics card? 18MAR11_Recolha_2

Graphics card? 30MAR11_BVG92E_5
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.gelben-omnibusse.net/
disc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

Graphics card? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Graphics card?   Graphics card? Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 18:06

Andyc22 schrieb:
What card would I need for OMSI to run smoothly in Berlin but doesn't cost more than £150? I simply can't afford some of those flashy £300 graphics cards Crying or Very sad I think my processor and ram is good enough, it's probably just my graphics card that is failing it.

A 6ghz single core CPU would you need for OMSI....
Forget that misbelief, that the frame rate depend only on gpu. No especially with poorly optimized single core games, since the CPU need to "feed" the gpu with data ( draw calls), but it can't...
if you watch your gpu usage you will see that your GPU is mostly idling, since the cpu is the limiting factor, not the gpu. That's why so important to make a game to use multi core cpu.

You can prevent jumping by lowering the cpu consuming settings(traffic), not graphics.
Nach oben Nach unten
Andyc22

Graphics card? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Graphics card?   Graphics card? Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 18:17

Hi Gelben, graphically your screenshots look better than my game, the graphics in my game are ok but I have to lower the graphic quality quite a lot for it to run averagely. Your computer sounds similar to mine in spec but I technically have a better graphics card so goodness knows why yours runs a lot better Sad I have a Vista OS, I don't know if that has something to do with it. I would like to tinker with the settings to stop the laggyness and be able to run the game smoothly with nice graphics without having to buy a new graphics card but i'm not sure I will be able to.

The only thing that seems to stop the low framerate is turning the realtime reflections off, that really ruins the game though, my mirrors are no longer useful when you turn the realtime reflections off! I can't drive the bus with mirrors that don't have reflections in!
Nach oben Nach unten
Andyc22

Graphics card? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Graphics card?   Graphics card? Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 18:10

Just to let you guys know... I seem to have fixed the problems that made the bus jump and I also made the games framerate a lot better. I think what I was doing wrong is that I had the game running in fullscreen mode, when I tried to play the game again in windowed mode and made the window a bit smaller than fullscreen size... It seemed to improve the framerate quite a bit. So maybe I don't need to get a new graphics card just yet!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Graphics card? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Graphics card?   Graphics card? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Graphics card?
Seite 1 von 1