ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement

Nach unten 
+4
ShortCappy
Marpe
GLaDOS
David_SI
8 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
David_SI

David_SI

Anzahl der Beiträge : 53

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Empty
BeitragThema: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 17:29

Hi!

In about three weeks, I will be buying a new graphics card to replace my current ATI Radeon HD 5850.

I have almost decided on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 and wanted to ask you guys if any of you have this or a similar card, and if it is fully compatible with OMSI or if there are any problems.
In the description of the first OMSI patch, »Graphics driver repair function for NVIDIA cards« is mentioned, I guess this means that there have been problems?
I would be grateful for any info.

Thanks,
David

Zuletzt von David_SI am Di 26 Apr - 17:14 bearbeitet; insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Empty
BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 17:33

I have a nvidia card and it runs perfect, The 580 should run great for you!
Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 17:50

Walker schrieb:
I have a nvidia card and it runs perfect, The 580 should run great for you!

Cool, thanks for the info! Can I ask, how did you set your card up? Did you create a special profile for OMSI or just change the global settings in the Nvidia Control Panel?
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 17:51

I changed the settings in omsi to 2011 and then went onto nvidia control panel and made a profile and set anti anialising and then played the game, very easy.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 18:42

GTX 570? That's in my future computer which I will get in a month! (yes!)

Will it run on that?
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 18:42

Definitely!
Nach oben Nach unten
ShortCappy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 61

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 0:40

I'm an owner of a GTX 580. One of the good things about using it on this sim is that you can bump up the AA and AF to 16x via the nVidia Control Panel with no FPS loss. I don't have a monster PC to put the sim settings to the max, as the CPU (Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2 GHz) and the RAM (2 GB) are the bottlenecks to my monster GPU... But with the profile settings I've made for each map and never use the rain or snow conditions, it mainly runs fine. I haven't seen any performance improvements before or after installing the patch.
Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 6:52

ShortCappy schrieb:
I'm an owner of a GTX 580. One of the good things about using it on this sim is that you can bump up the AA and AF to 16x via the nVidia Control Panel with no FPS loss. I don't have a monster PC to put the sim settings to the max, as the CPU (Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2 GHz) and the RAM (2 GB) are the bottlenecks to my monster GPU... But with the profile settings I've made for each map and never use the rain or snow conditions, it mainly runs fine. I haven't seen any performance improvements before or after installing the patch.

Thank you for the info. I have an AMD Phenon II X4 955 @ 3.20 GHz and 8 GB Crucial DDR3 RAM, I hope OMSI will run OK even if I turn on bad weather conditions and increase traffic density. With my current graphics card, the Radeon 5850, I can have the AA, AF, and other graphical settings on high, but have to turn all the game settings to medium. I hope this new card will change that.

Nach oben Nach unten
Freeman

Freeman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 55

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 12:37

Hmm can someone explain to me how graphics are going these days?

- It seems I lost track of how they name the new cards, I must be getting old

So it went 9000 series then what?
What card is best value for money at the moment, for best quality ? e.g. (in the past the 8800gt was good value for money)

And also, I want to know how significant the graphics card is at improving gameplay? e.g. If I buy a new one, will I get no lag at Rathaus Spandau
Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeFr 1 Apr - 21:13

Hey guys, I need some more advice regarding NVIDIA & OMSI please.

In order to test, how OMSI works with Nvidia cards, I borrowed one from a friend. It is an older model GeForce, the 8800 GTS. I installed the correct drivers for Windows 7 64 bit and I am having problems. Crying or Very sad

No matter what I do with the graphics settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, the changes do not apply in OMSI. I have changed the Global settings, and also created a special profile for OMSI under Program Settings, and the graphics in the game are always the same.
Sometimes I even just get a black screen and have to close the game. I installed the official game patch, and it has made no difference.

I cannot find the »Graphics driver repair function for NVIDIA®️ cards« mentioned in the Patch 1.01 description, can anyone tell me where it is?

I don't really know what to do, maybe I should not buy the GF GTX 580 now.... scratch
Any advice would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
David
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeFr 1 Apr - 21:14

These are my settings
You sure you're setting it up right, Porgram Settings --> omsi.exe

Anistropic Filtering 16x
Antialiasing Ovveride Any application setting
Antialiasing Setting 32x

Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeFr 1 Apr - 21:22

Walker schrieb:
These are my settings
You sure you're setting it up right, Porgram Settings --> omsi.exe

Anistropic Filtering 16x
Antialiasing Ovveride Any application setting
Antialiasing Setting 32x

Mine are the same, except the Antialiasing Setting only goes to 16x on this card. Yes, I added the omsi.exe from the installation location (C:\m-r-software\Omsi).

Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeFr 1 Apr - 22:11

I just found this thread, where someone is having the same problems, and it seems they have not been solved. Sad

NVIDIA GRAFIKARTEN

Could Marcel or Rüdiger maybe comment on this and give some suggestions, I would be really grateful.
Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDi 26 Apr - 17:12

Here is how the story continues... After the problems I had with the Nvidia card, I decided to buy another ATI card.

I chose the XFX Radeon HD 6970, which is the best ATI single GPU card at the moment, here are some specs:

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/graphiccards/HD%206000series/6970.aspx#2

As I mentioned, before I had a Radeon HD 5850, with which OMSI was not working fluently. I am sad to say that with the new card, the situation has not improved much.
Even at the PC 2007 preset, I get around 20 FPS around Spandau, which makes the gaming twitchy and not fluent. I have tried changing the settings, but it doesn't seem to improve.

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I am pretty much out of ideas. No

The only thing I have yet to try, is to overclock my processor. I bought a Noctua CPU cooler, when I have it installed, I will try to OC the CPU to 3.6 or 3.8 GHz.

My PC:

Asus M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Ed. @3.20 GHz
8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 RAM
Crucial SSD disk, where OMSI in installed
AMD Radeon HD 6970 by XFX
Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
Nach oben Nach unten
supertoast92

Anzahl der Beiträge : 77

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDi 26 Apr - 23:07

I think like FSX (those who have the game probably know what I'm talking about), Omsi is really CPU-hungry. Buying a new GPU isn't going to really help in improving frame rates as it's the processor that does most of the work in simulators such as these. Here's my configuration:

Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz - Turbo Boosts to 3.2GHz when in Omsi
EVGA GeForce GTX470 SC, 1.25GB GDDR5
Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Seagate 500GB 7200rpm harddrive

^^Speaking of which make sure if you have a rotary drive that you keep your hard disk de-fragmented often (solid-state drives aren't supposed to be de-fragmented so I've heard), I've noticed that helps a bit. I still get around 20 FPS in the heaviest of the downtown area of Spandau.

I think cutting down on the amount of traffic will help. I think I have mine set to 2 or 3 for the AI bus scheduling. I find the AI buses taking up quite a bit of CPU resources.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 14:31

Hi, will this spec go with OMSI? Getting this comp in Monday:

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 4x3.40GHz (Turbo 3.80GHz)
GeForce GTX580 1536MB card with 1000W power supply
Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 DualChannel RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Unicorn_small
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 14:40

HELL YEAH! affraid
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 14:52

GLaDOS schrieb:
HELL YEAH! affraid
Aah, I'm very happy to hear that! But I can't say that I doubted it would run on it. It runs fine on my current PC (lag a bit at R. Spandau, but that's it) and that computer is MUCH better. My current spec is just an old Pentium and some stupid nVidia GeForce G 103M laptop card.. this is a kick-ass stationary! Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 16:55

Got to be over atleast £800 right there nice!
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 18:27

rzr09 schrieb:

Got to be over atleast £800 right there nice!
It's a 1408,30 £ PC. Just calculated! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 18:37

supertoast92 schrieb:
I think like FSX (those who have the game probably know what I'm talking about), Omsi is really CPU-hungry. Buying a new GPU isn't going to really help in improving frame rates as it's the processor that does most of the work in simulators such as these. Here's my configuration:

Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz - Turbo Boosts to 3.2GHz when in Omsi
EVGA GeForce GTX470 SC, 1.25GB GDDR5
Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Seagate 500GB 7200rpm harddrive

^^Speaking of which make sure if you have a rotary drive that you keep your hard disk de-fragmented often (solid-state drives aren't supposed to be de-fragmented so I've heard), I've noticed that helps a bit. I still get around 20 FPS in the heaviest of the downtown area of Spandau.

I think cutting down on the amount of traffic will help. I think I have mine set to 2 or 3 for the AI bus scheduling. I find the AI buses taking up quite a bit of CPU resources.

I have an SSD drive, all components are OK, I don't think there is a bottleneck in my PC right now. It is far from top-notch, but far from bad either. I still think the game should run better. Maybe there is a sweet spot in the settings I have not reached yet.
Today I installed the latest version of ATI graphics drivers (11.4) which were released yesterday. I also uninstalled OMSI and installed it again without the patch. What seems strange is, that now the FPS is pretty much the same, what ever I do. On profiles PC 2008, 2009 or 2010 it's around 20 FPS in most places on the Spandau map (lowest 14, highest 35). On PC 2011, it's unplayable.

Marpe schrieb:
Hi, will this spec go with OMSI? Getting this comp in Monday:

Intel®️ Core™️ i7-2600K 4x3.40GHz (Turbo 3.80GHz)
GeForce GTX580 1536MB card with 1000W power supply
Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 DualChannel RAM

Congrats on the new PC, Marpe! Please let me know how OMSI will run on it, since it will have the graphics card that I initially wanted to buy. I am really interested to hear how it will work on this Intel + Nvidia configuration. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 18:49

David_SI schrieb:
Congrats on the new PC, Marpe! Please let me know how OMSI will run on it, since it will have the graphics card that I initially wanted to buy. I am really interested to hear how it will work on this Intel + Nvidia configuration. Smile
I'll let you know on Monday, and I will see if I can include a video and some screens too maybe? Very Happy

I asked the support if it's able to run games.. their answer? "This machine can run any game on the market." Lovely! Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 19:20

Marpe schrieb:
I'll let you know on Monday, and I will see if I can include a video and some screens too maybe? Very Happy

I asked the support if it's able to run games.. their answer? "This machine can run any game on the market." Lovely! Razz

A video would be great too! Smile
The way I usually test is I select a settings profile, "PC 2010" for example, then I go to the bus depot (Betriebshof) and I drive a bus from there to Rathaus Spandau (going from a low traffic zone to a high traffic zone). While driving, I follow how the FPS changes.
I look forward to your opinion/result.

Thanks,
David

Edit: Will you install the PC yourself or will it come already set up with Windows, drivers, etc.?
In any case, I really recommend that you have the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers installed. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 20:32

David_SI schrieb:
Marpe schrieb:

A video would be great too! Smile
The way I usually test is I select a settings profile, "PC 2010" for example, then I go to the bus depot (Betriebshof) and I drive a bus from there to Rathaus Spandau (going from a low traffic zone to a high traffic zone). While driving, I follow how the FPS changes.
I look forward to your opinion/result.

Thanks,
David

Edit: Will you install the PC yourself or will it come already set up with Windows, drivers, etc.?
In any case, I really recommend that you have the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers installed. Smile
I know, I always update my current on nVidia's website! The computer is assembled by the company which I have bought it from - Danish specialized computer assemblers, who know what they are doing! I have bought a copy of windows that will be set up, but it's not like a HP computer where you get 1000 software programs. Here it's just like if you install Windows yourself. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
David_SI

David_SI

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 20:52

Marpe schrieb:

I know, I always update my current on nVidia's website! The computer is assembled by the company which I have bought it from - Danish specialized computer assemblers, who know what they are doing! I have bought a copy of windows that will be set up, but it's not like a HP computer where you get 1000 software programs. Here it's just like if you install Windows yourself. Very Happy

That's good, I also don't like those preloads, where you have to spend 30 minutes uninstalling stuff you don't need or want. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5xx series (and general NVIDIA experiences) - New ATI card bought, no significant improvement
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter