ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Graphics Settings better explained

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

Graphics Settings better explained Empty
BeitragThema: Graphics Settings better explained   Graphics Settings better explained Icon_minitimeSa 7 Mai - 14:20

Hi All,

Can anyone explain what Neighbour Tiles slider does and the Min obj screensize slider does? Reason is i've worked out that the 0.60% less objects means more visible objects, but i when you increase the objects the less there is????? The viewing distance i've set at over 1000 and still OMSI loads the distance as soon as you're ontop of a reasonably built up area, mainly talking about the Sachsen Analt line as Spandau and other maps are fine, rather.

Also the neighbour tiles, setting that low seems to be the ideal thing to do but why? The main thing i'm getting at is if you set the viewing distance high so as when you're driving you dont have places spring up on you, it's already been loaded by time you get there.

Comparing it to something like German Truck Simulator, the whole map is already loaded hence there's no need to load the buildings ahead of you, if that makes sense.

What's the best settings for a high computer, i've tried all the PC spec settings and none of them suit, if i set it manually i tend to get a better result in terms of what i can see ahead of me.

Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: Graphics Settings better explained   Graphics Settings better explained Icon_minitimeSa 7 Mai - 15:40

Good morning.
The count of neighbour tiles defines how many additional tiles on each direction will be loaded and displayed ingame, starting from the tile you're in at the moment. So, if you set this number as 2, for example, there will be 2 more additional tiles to the north, south, east and west.
The Min Obj. selector will be defined according to your screen resolution (in percent). So if you set this to 10%, the minimum size of the object to appear, in relation to your current position on the map, will be 10% of your screensize.
So, if you're very far from it, and it is a small object, you won't be able to see it until you come closer.
Actually, this feature work together with the Min Obj Visibility and the Neighbour Tiles Count.
Did you try to use those OMSI options presets "PC of 2010" or "PC of 2011" ?

Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Graphics Settings better explained   Graphics Settings better explained Icon_minitimeSa 7 Mai - 19:54

Thiago schrieb:
Good morning.
The count of neighbour tiles defines how many additional tiles on each direction will be loaded and displayed ingame, starting from the tile you're in at the moment. So, if you set this number as 2, for example, there will be 2 more additional tiles to the north, south, east and west.
The Min Obj. selector will be defined according to your screen resolution (in percent). So if you set this to 10%, the minimum size of the object to appear, in relation to your current position on the map, will be 10% of your screensize.
So, if you're very far from it, and it is a small object, you won't be able to see it until you come closer.
Actually, this feature work together with the Min Obj Visibility and the Neighbour Tiles Count.
Did you try to use those OMSI options presets "PC of 2010" or "PC of 2011" ?

Smile

Thanks Thiago, yeah i did try those PC presets and they work fine, just wanted it laid out clearly what those two do, because some maps wait until you're on top a new tile to render it, im trying to minimize that.

Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Graphics Settings better explained   Graphics Settings better explained Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Graphics Settings better explained
Seite 1 von 1