ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01

Nach unten 
+8
krtz07
poweredbycng
valir
Se7en
random.monster1981
Rüdiger Hülsmann
rzr09
Ralph Kramden
12 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden

Anzahl der Beiträge : 207

Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Empty
BeitragThema: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 23:08

This is related to a problem mentioned elsewhere about the sim freezing(stuttering) every so often, well since installing the latest patch it has got much worse.

Please Marcel or Rudiger, undo what you did because you have made OMSI worse & it is now unplayable.
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 0:17

Ian84 schrieb:
This is related to a problem mentioned elsewhere about the sim freezing(stuttering) every so often, well since installing the latest patch it has got much worse.

Please Marcel or Rudiger, undo what you did because you have made OMSI worse & it is now unplayable.

I lost 4 fps rather than gaining Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 0:41

Really? This is totally weird, in fact we have slightly reduced the amount of work the graphic card has to do...
Which graphic card do you have?
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 0:47

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
Really? This is totally weird, in fact we have slightly reduced the amount of work the graphic card has to do...

I have a hd 5570 DDR3 GPU Clock at 700MHz MEM clock at 850MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s 25.6 GByte/s
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 1:34

I have the same GPU, mine however is slightly quicker

850Mhz, and 1200Mhz memory clock stock.

I'm not installing the update considering the latest shambles.

what you need to do Rudiger, is to make it utilize all cores efficiently.

Another member has said in another topic that he has only ever seen 1 core used, so much potential for this sim and it's being let down badly by not running on all cores to increase fps.

please fix!
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 1:41

random.monster1981 schrieb:

I have the same GPU, mine however is slightly quicker

850Mhz, and 1200Mhz memory clock stock.

I'm not installing the update considering the latest shambles.

what you need to do Rudiger, is to make it utilize all cores efficiently.

Another member has said in another topic that he has only ever seen 1 core used, so much potential for this sim and it's being let down badly by not running on all cores to increase fps.

please fix!

Mines XFX not as good as urs Smile whats ur FPS
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 1:44

Lol mine is also XFX ( came with AVP 2010 download voucher ) Razz

I get 18-25FPS on spandau map.
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 1:50

LOL

Now way whats going on with my GPU LOL, i get 14- 30 at spandua Lost 4 FPS, what CPU you have?
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 1:52

rzr09 schrieb:

LOL

Now way whats going on with my GPU LOL, i get 14- 30 at spandua Lost 4 FPS, what CPU you have?

Phenom II 940 black edition 3Ghz quad
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 1:54

rzr09 schrieb:

LOL

Phenom II 940 black edition 3Ghz quad

I got phenom 965x4 black edition 3.4Ghz wow soo similar :S
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 17:30

I have this problem too. Before the patch, I was running Spandau 21-23 FPS and not below 20 FPS all the time. I have chosen the settings, and fine-tuned it, and I was satisfied.
When 1.01 patch came out, I thought "good! all those optimizations, It'll run even better". Hmmm... scratch

I didn't downloaded the patch right away, so I could see people's reactions. By the way people were telling, I had mixed feelings, so I installed the patch...
It didn't surprise me at all... Neutral

I ran Berlin, and I was barely running at 13FPS, and FPS was dropping. Luckily my bus didn't start jumping like others reported with low fps.

I really do not know what on Earth is happening, but I really hope M & R will fix this. I really do. Smile

Se7en
Nach oben Nach unten
valir

Anzahl der Beiträge : 21

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 12:11

I have around 15 till 20fps around Rathaus Spandau with Intel E8400, Nvidia GTX 260 and 2 Gb DDR2 (the other 2Gb module is removed temporary as I have to change it).
Still, at 15-20fps | was not expecting stuttering but I have it. In FSX for example, at these frames I don't have stuttering...
Nach oben Nach unten
poweredbycng

poweredbycng

Anzahl der Beiträge : 151

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 2:24

Interesting. I'm running a Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.6GHz, 8GB RAM and a GeForce 9800GTX+ with 1GB and I'm getting closer to 30fps but with occasionally heavy stuttering.
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 3:51

I have notice that the sim freezes for about 5 seconds or so, then "reset" itself, the textures are being loaded back into the system. I hope there is a fix for that...
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
loook

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 13:23

I had this problem for a while but i was able to fix it by setting all textures except my own bus to 256 and disabling bump map and terrain light map.
Now i can play without blur freezes ever 30 seconds Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
poweredbycng

poweredbycng

Anzahl der Beiträge : 151

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 11:15

G'day all,

I replaced the nVidia card (GeForce 9800GTX+ 1GB) with an AMD card (Radeon HD 5770 1GB) and not only is the stuttering problem almost completely gone, but I am able to play at higher quality settings too.

Just a heads up...
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeDo 17 März - 17:35

I found out that the glitches which I reported above were caused by the stencil shadows. After disabling them, the glitch went away. It did not occur too often in fact only 3 or 4 times.

For Reference: Ati HD4670
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
BusRider

BusRider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeFr 18 März - 1:31

I have this "stuttering" problem too. I tried lowering the graphic settings, but that hasn't seemed to work.

Specs:
Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40 GHz
RAM - 4GB
Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeFr 13 Mai - 0:28

loook schrieb:
I had this problem for a while but i was able to fix it by setting all textures except my own bus to 256 and disabling bump map and terrain light map.
Now i can play without blur freezes ever 30 seconds Smile

I just tried it, actually feels like a real map with light terrain map disabled, headlights actually make sense, and with the 256 limit now on hopefully!? How long have you been running it and does it work?

Still, the developers, when you're able to focus on this game, all cores as thats the future of computing, no game uses just one core.
Nach oben Nach unten
roggek

roggek

Anzahl der Beiträge : 15

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMo 16 Mai - 8:54

JunGRail schrieb:
Still, the developers, when you're able to focus on this game, all cores as thats the future of computing, no game uses just one core.

As mentioned in another thread, this will never happen, since it requires a whole rewrite gof the game.
What people are missing, is that OMSI is in fact already 4 years old...

And by that time either Windows Vista or Windows 7 or DirectX10 was invented...

Zuletzt von roggek am Mo 16 Mai - 8:57 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitimeMo 16 Mai - 8:56

Zitat :
no game uses just one core.

Cities XL 2011

Until people complained bout poor performance so they recently just released a patch so the game utilise's all cores
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01   Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Stuttering graphics with patch V1.01
Seite 1 von 1