ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)

Nach unten 
+18
Janniboy
EdjKa
Thiago
Rüdiger Hülsmann
gneb
jswallow
dr1980
tomtoon
SD80-1709
JunGRail
Agora-RATP
Volunteer
wurstbrot
Neven
EDawg
valir
Jason
22 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter
AutorNachricht
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 4:11

Well enjoy your weekend and glad to hear your pleased with how the map turned out. Based on your previous work I'm sure we will be pleased with it as well. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 11:07

Doesn't Hahneberg have a much nicer ring to it than 'Stadtgrenze'? Laughing .... and a much nicer view without the wall:-

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Fdfd10

This is near the Spektefeld Schulcentrum terminus. There isn't a 'terminus' as such, the bus just drops off on one side of the road (opposite the school) and picks up on the other side (the school side). The buses turns around a small loop on Hauskavelweg to achieve this.

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Spk310

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

Anzahl der Beiträge : 197

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 11:28

OMG !!! This map is soooooo cool !! I want it now !!! bounce bounce Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
SD80-1709

SD80-1709

Anzahl der Beiträge : 52

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 15:08

jswallow schrieb:

I do have a question, more about BVG than the map - what's the significance of the 'M' in M37? As not all routes carry a letter prefix?

The M lines had a frequence of 10min and work all the night (I'm not sure about my english Wink )
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 19:59

Hi all,

This post is to ask for some help, either from Marcel or Rudiger, or from others who understand the map building process. Very Happy

In the [Infosystem_trip] section of the HOF file, I am trying to set up the information system entries (IBIS) so that there are 'linie' and 'route' entries that display 'M37', and put all the bus stops onto the IBIS.

Here's the section of the HOF file I'm talking about;-

Zitat :
[infosystem_trip]
HAHNEBERG-SPEKTEFELD
M37

...the problem is that the first string of this (the '3701' bit) only seems to support two digits, then the '01' part for the route.

So, at the moment to get both the linie and route working on the IBIS on my map, it's necessary to do this 'workaround':-

- Enter a 'Linie' of 3700. (Which temporarily gives a wrong line number of '37').
- Enter a 'Route' of 01.
- go back to 'Linie' and change to 13738 (which doesn't affect the route part but changes the bus number to M37).

Is there anyway of changing this so that drivers can enter just one 'Linie' and then the 'route' number and immediately have the route set up in IBIS but also have 'M37' displayed on the bus?

I have tried using the following strings, without success; 1372801, 372801, 0372801, M3701.

I hope this makes some sense, and hope someone knows how to get around this. It's not a deal breaker, if necessary you can follow the steps above and still have full IBIS / IBIS2 route in your bus, and have 'M37' displayed. But I'd like it to be possible the 'proper' way Laughing

Thanks to anyone who can help!

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 20:10

David I don't know if you have seen it but there is a .hof creator tool that may or may not help you - HOF Creator

I have just downloaded it to have a look.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
EdjKa

Anzahl der Beiträge : 96

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 21:50

Volunteer schrieb:
For any version simulator (1.00, 1.01) developed a route?

Buy license and you won't need to ask this questions.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 21:58

Jasonm schrieb:
David I don't know if you have seen it but there is a .hof creator tool that may or may not help you - HOF Creator

I have just downloaded it to have a look.

Thanks Jason, I'd not seen that, so have downloaded and will take a look to see if it helps with this one.

Cheers,
D.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 22:21

Be very careful using that HOF Editor. It applies a 'template' to your existing HOFs if you load them into it, the result of which it's screwed up my HOF for this map and my AI buses are no longer displaying any destination Evil or Very Mad

It didn;t help with the issue above either, it just put "M3701" into the HOFs which I'd already tried, and which again didn't work.

Right, better try to fix my AI bus displays!
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 22:23

Sh*t, Good luck try reparing the displays... study
Nach oben Nach unten
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 22:27

davidrogers schrieb:
Be very careful using that HOF Editor. It applies a 'template' to your existing HOFs if you load them into it, the result of which it's screwed up my HOF for this map and my AI buses are no longer displaying any destination Evil or Very Mad

I'm sorry for that, but me and the beta testers have never had a problem like that. In normal cases the HOF file created by HOF Creator is working fine with OMSI.
But that's why I've explicitly written in the readme file that you should only edit COPIES of existing HOF files. Because IF something goes wrong, then you have a backup!

Once again, I don't understand why it has screwed up your file. Maybe there was a small problem in your HOF file which destroyed the file when importing it?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 22:31

Fixed the displays.

It was nothing to do with the templates that this HOF Editor applies, but it was indeed the 'M' entry.

The editor asks what your service number is and then uses it in the [infosystem] section of the HOF but it should state in the editor that it wil only accept NN numbers, because if you enter a letter like M (as I did), it will still put the entry (eg M3701) into the HOF but this is invalid and will stop the displays working.

Anyway, aside to this issue, it's a pretty good editor that makes it easy for beginners to set up their HOFs. Cool

I'm still mytified as to how Rudiger & Marcel got the IBIS route working for their 92E buses.... the [infosystem] number for these is just 9204 / 9205 yet somehow the buses will display 92E and show the correct lines and routes when entered.

Perhaps it's just that 'E' characters are supported but 'M' are not.

Anyway, the map is working great, it is just that people will need to do the workaround detailed;-

1). Enter Linie 3700 (which temporarily sets '37').
2). Enter Route 01, 02, 03 or 04 (sets up route in IBIS).
3). Go back to Linie and change to 13728 (which sets M37).

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 22:34

Janniboy schrieb:
I'm sorry for that, but me and the beta testers have never had a problem like that. In normal cases the HOF file created by HOF Creator is working fine with OMSI.
But that's why I've explicitly written in the readme file that you should only edit COPIES of existing HOF files. Because IF something goes wrong, then you have a backup!

Once again, I don't understand why it has screwed up your file. Maybe there was a small problem in your HOF file which destroyed the file when importing it?

Hi Janniboy,

Sorry - it wasn't directly the editor that caused the problem. But the editor does have one issue:-

Zitat :
The editor asks what your service number is and then uses it in the [infosystem] section of the HOF but it should state in the editor that it wil only accept NN numbers, because if you enter a letter like M (as I did), it will still put the entry (eg M3701) into the HOF but this is invalid and will stop the displays working.

...but for most normal cases, your editor is great!

Cheers,
David
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 22:44

Thanks for the update, and its grat that you got it working again Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 22:50

davidrogers schrieb:
Hi Janniboy,

Sorry - it wasn't directly the editor that caused the problem. But the editor does have one issue:-
[...]

Ah, ok, I see.
Nice that you've got your displays "back" Wink

I've taken a note concerning the validation of the entered values. Good tip - in this special way, your "accident" might pay for other people Wink
I will include this validation in the first update. So - in some way - thanks for your help, though you had a lot of more work to do Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 0:39

Ha ha, not all Janniboy, I had it fixed in minutes, as soon as I removed the 'M' entries from the [Infosystem] entries.

It's a really good tool you have there - I'll be using it on all future maps. Cool

===================================
Now an update on this 'Spandau Modern (M37/137)' map;
===================================

This map is finished!

I've completed the construction of the Line 137 tracks, trips and timetables this evening. I've tested all 6 IBIS variants and all work fine and have tested the timetables. In busy periods they are tight, especially on the M37 Spektefeld variant, and the 137 line, both of which have short turnaround times at each terminus. (The Waldkrankenhaus M37 gets a nice 10 min lay up at each end Laughing ).

I'm really pleased with this map; it takes the beauty of the original map but adds many new variations, routes, scenery and tours to follow.

This is what you get in a nutshell;-

- New Line M37 Variant 1: Hahneberg - Sandstr - Rathaus Spandau - Spektefeld (Schulcentrum)
- New Line M37 Variant 2: Hahneberg - Sandstr - Rathaus Spandau - Spektefeld (Schulcentrum) - Waldkrankenhaus
- New Line 137: Reimerweg - Baluschekweg/Maulbeerallee - Rathaus Spandau - Freudstr

None of these lines are the same as the 92 so you have a lot of new exploring to do! You have new termini and destinations, but also even some of the original destinations (like Hahneberg a.k.a 'Stadtgrenze') have been changed to represent modern day.

Areas of new or changed scenery in this map:-

- Stadtrandstr lengthened / Waldkrankenhaus introduced
- Spektefeld area enhanced a little
- Maulbeerallee enhanced / Baluschekweg introduced
- Berlin wall removed from Falkensee Ch/Freudstr area view and replaced with scenery items
- Berlin wall / checkpoint removed from Hahneberg/Stadgrenze area, and replaced with scenery items

-General modernisations such as destination/timetable displays at some bus stops

KNOWN ISSUES & CONSTRAINTS:

ISSUE1: I am fighting with 1 bizarre bug at the moment: a small cluster of scenery on the Im Spektefeld road keeps disappearing. This includes a small block near the school but more importantly one of the bus stops (Paul-Gartner-Ring) are intermittantly "not there" when I start OMSI. It's a very small area in the scheme of the whole map and the chances are you would not even notice that some scenery is missing. But you would notice the bus stop not being there, as the 'helper sign' is still sitting above it. It's bizarre, when I start OMSI, sometimes this scenery is there and all is good, and other times it's disappeared Crying or Very sad I'm trying to resolve this.

CONSTRAINT1: When driving the D92 with the automatic 'announcements' of each Bus Stop, obviously the bus stops that I've introduced (like Baluschekweg and Waldkr.) don't have an announcement. If there is enough interest I will record a new set of full spoken announcements for these routes (I am an Audio Mastering Engineer by day Wink ) which can then be used when this map is used. But as it stands at the moment, the stops that already exist in the Berlin-Spandau map will have a spoken announcement, but the new ones won't. (Of course all of this only applies when using the D92.

CONSTRAINT 2: To get the IBIS/Destination Boards loaded with both the 'M37' display, AND loaded with the 'Route', it's necessary to follow a slightly extended workaround; you need to enter a 'Linie' of 3700, then select routes 01, 02, 03 or 04, then go back to 'Linie' and enter '13728'. This will give you a loaded IBIS route, but also gives you the correct 'M37' number on the bus displays. Wink

This constraint does not apply to the Line 137, where IBIS works normally; enter Linie 13700, then a 'Route' of 01 or 02. Very Happy

RELEASE / DOWNLOAD:

After I have completed the final testing, I need to set up the fast speed FTP upload facility that JayKae and the guys at aussiex.ord kindly provided. This map will then be made available for fast download, with no need for mediafire etc and all it's nasty adverts, slow speeds, and pop-up crap.

I hope to have the map available by Monday evening (29th March).

Thanks.
David.

This 137 departing Reimerweg shows that the M37 isn't just having all the fun Laughing :-

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Rm10

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Rm210

Zuletzt von davidrogers am So 27 März - 0:53 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 0:48

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !!!! Thank for this another great update ;D

I am soo looking forward to the map Very Happy

Yes !! I am not going to sleep this night thought Razz

Keep up the exellent work Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 0:48

Can't wait David, sounds fantastic.
Nach oben Nach unten
Neven

Neven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 100

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 1:13

Awesome news. Very Happy
Keep up the amazing work David.
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 1:28

Those minor constraints are not you're fault at all - After all, all you did was enhance the map, the fault lies elsewhere. Anyway i can't wait to test this Im stuck playing the Spandau map and haven't even tried Ystad yet, so i'll get this so i have loads to look forward to.

The M37, yeah it is tight, if you've seen the real life video i posted on here a while back, the driver is killing some distance with the speed. Thats good as i like a fast drive Wink

Brilliant work!
Nach oben Nach unten
cbruun

cbruun

Anzahl der Beiträge : 132

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 10:19

Can't wait!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 12:49

Here's your new route map. You'll be needing this Laughing .... and of course it's essential to use the 'Helper system' (info markers) for your first few runs:-

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 137_m310

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 12:56

Nice Wink

Thanks for another great update Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 13:31

Thanks for the route map, I was wondering what route went where.
Great work.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
poopy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 16

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 14:07

Very good idea ! I hope that the map will be realistic Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) - Seite 3 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)
Seite 3 von 4Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter