ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)

Nach unten 
+18
Janniboy
EdjKa
Thiago
Rüdiger Hülsmann
gneb
jswallow
dr1980
tomtoon
SD80-1709
JunGRail
Agora-RATP
Volunteer
wurstbrot
Neven
EDawg
valir
Jason
22 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Gast
Gast

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Empty
BeitragThema: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 10:12

[EDIT: Take a look at the thread around Page 4 to see how this project has evolved into the new M37 / 137 lines].

[EDIT2: This project has been released. For all support, see the thread in the "Real Maps" section of the forum].

Hi all,

I thought I'd show some pics of the early stages of my latest project. Instead of creating a map from scratch, this one takes a copy of the Spandau-89 map and introduces the modern day version of the 92 route: The M37.

This map will not replace or affect your standard Berlin-Spandau-89 map, it is an additional map. Very Happy

Main graphical differences to the map are:-

- Introduction of the WaldKrankenhaus (Forest Hospital), near Fredustr. In real life, M37 journeys alternate between terminating at Freudstr and the Krankenhaus.

- Removal of the Berlin Wall. Don't expect vast amounts of replacement scenery but yes, the walls are already down on this Berlin map!

The other main thing this map will give you is the M37 route which differs from the 92 in a number of areas; the route is different in the south, as this version of the M37 route will drive further along Magistratsweg and then pass Baluschekweg on it's way down Maulbeeralee. Again, M37 buses alternate on this route, as opposed to the Obstallee/Blasewitzer Ring route.

When driving up Falkensee Ch towards the Krankenhaus / Freudstr. the bus will also turn off left to drive around Spektefeld. It will then run straight along Stradtrandstr. and terminate at the hospital (instead of Freudstr).

Here are some (very) early pics:-

BEFORE: This is the view from Freudstr. on the current Spandau-89 map:-

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Frpic110

AFTER: Now take a look at the same view from the new 'M37-Spandau' map and you'll see the Hospital in the background :-

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Frpic210

Here's an unfinished pic of the area near the Hospital where the M37 will terminate (instead of freudstr.)

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Frpic310

...and finally, this pic shows that instead of continuing up Falkensee Ch, the M37 will turn left into Spektefeld.

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Frpic410

This map will give you a modern day Spandau, to operate the modern day M37 route on. Some poetic license will be applied; I haven't been to the Krankenhaus and I am sure it doesn't look a lot like the model in my map. But it will allow you to drive a realistic version of the modern day route. Very Happy Again, I'm working with the standard objects library so I'm afraid you can't expect modern day replacement buildings Shocked .... but again, I'm sure that with the M37 route, the hospital, and the new route areas, there's be something to enjoy for those who want to bring Spandau up to date.

The main nice thing about this map is that it retains all that is fantastic about Marcel & Rudiger's original masterpiece, but brings a new interesting variation on it! Cool

I won't be rushing this one out Laughing ..... there is a lot of work to do, not least on a brand new timetable implementation that'll be required for the M37 line.

I do hope you will enjoy this M37 modern Spandau route / map and I'm working hard to make it as good as possible! Very Happy

Cheers,
David.

Zuletzt von davidrogers am Mo 28 März - 12:01 bearbeitet; insgesamt 7-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 10:18

I look forward to this one David! Shame you are letting a few mindless idiots stop you from sharing your good work with those that do appreciate it Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 10:21

Hi 1812,

I've edited the post and removed that comment. A new day, a lungful of fresh air and I decided not to dwell on any negative aspects. OMSI is fantastic and there are many people working hard to bring us new maps and creations. It's all good Very Happy

Hope it's as sunny in Warwickshire today as it is in Durham Cool

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 10:23

Not very sunny here no! Sun in Durham??? Didn't know you got any sun up there? I lived in Ferryhill for two years.. about 7 or 8 years ago... Didn't have a clue what you guys were talking about when I first moved ooop North... But soon got the hang of it.. Y I Man! Gannin hime..
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 13:58

Ha ha! .... Ferryhill? my word that's a strange old place, more Darlington than Durham (althought technically County Durham) ..... I've only been there once myself and it was a bit like entering the twilight zone! ..... We're closer to the coast, near Seaham. It's 16 degrees and literally not a cloud in the sky today, beautiful, hope it's a sign of things to come!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 14:01

Here's a pic of the real world M37 route, which I'm modelling for this map, in the Heerstrasse area. You can see by the crude arrows I've put on, where the route differs from the 92 route:-

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) New_ma10

And here you can see the route in the Falkensee Ch. area, where it turns off around Spektefeld, before crossing Falkensee Ch. to run along Stadtrandstr.to terminate at the hospital:-

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) New_ma11

Cool
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 15:25

Looking forward to this one. I know Seaham well.. went there a few times.
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 16:36

Looks and sounds good David, cant wait for this one.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
valir

Anzahl der Beiträge : 21

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 19:23

Nice project!
One thing will miss still, but who knows, maybe one day will be available for OMSI Rolling Eyes :

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Man-lions-city-dd-doppelstock-63006
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 22:28

Very Happy yes I'd love to have that bus and livery in OMSI for this map.

I think someone on the German forum has attempted a repaint of it, for the D92.

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeMi 23 März - 0:13

Sweet, can't wait for this one. Thanks again for another one of your creations. These addons are really keeping OMSI fresh and keeps everyone playing. Much props goes out to the creators for making this sim so easy for some of you guys to work with and keep the addons/MODS/repaints coming! cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Neven

Neven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 100

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeMi 23 März - 3:47

Looking forward to the release as well. Very Happy cheers
Keep up the excellent work. Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
wurstbrot

Anzahl der Beiträge : 266

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeMi 23 März - 15:01

Good Project! But somehow the hospital at the Freudstr.-Screen looks as ist would be too close to Freudstr. But it might be a perspective issue. If you want to see how the area looks like, take a view at Google's Street View. It might help you a lot at the Waldkrankenhaus-area, as well as if you want to pimp the Spektefeld-area or the area around Baluschekweg and Magistratsweg.

By the way: you can also see on Street View the old way of the former line 5 up to the old Nervenklinik, which is behind the Waldkrankenhaus.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 9:57

wurstbrot schrieb:
Good Project! But somehow the hospital at the Freudstr.-Screen looks as ist would be too close to Freudstr. But it might be a perspective issue. If you want to see how the area looks like, take a view at Google's Street View. It might help you a lot at the Waldkrankenhaus-area, as well as if you want to pimp the Spektefeld-area or the area around Baluschekweg and Magistratsweg.

By the way: you can also see on Street View the old way of the former line 5 up to the old Nervenklinik, which is behind the Waldkrankenhaus.

Hi,

Thanks - you're right the hospital currently is too close to Freudtr (although there is also a small perspective factor in OMSI with distant objects looking not as far away when zoomed out). I've been working hard over the last few days re-doing all of the tracks, trips and timetables for this variation of the M37. There were some really tricky areas, mainly due to all the multi-carriageway roads on this map (good, I'm not complaining!). Also, things like I wanted this service to miss / ommit the trip down to Altstadt Spandau (at the roundabout) as modern day M37 services don't visit there, they just turn left at the roundabout Very Happy

All of the tracking, trips, timetables and AI are done and working great. I'm confident (hoping) people won't have cause to moan about the timetable on this one as it's really fine tuned. It should hopefully not cause drivers to become either extremely late or extremely early. Laughing

The one-way journey time from Reimerweg to Waldkrankenhaus is 35 mins so very similar in timing to the 92 route.

Now that the mechanics of the map are working, it's time to look in more detail at the scenery; I do intend to pimp the new areas a little (have already stripped out the Berlin Wall!) so that the new areas fit well with the existing Spandau map. I'm really happy with this map so far, it's a great variation of the route.

I'll definately look at some images of the real Waldkrankenhaus / Spektefeld / Maulbeerallee but I can't promise I can make them look as in real life; as I am still limited to the standard object library. But we'll see what we can do!

Cheers,
D.
Nach oben Nach unten
Volunteer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 10:22

For any version simulator (1.00, 1.01) developed a route?
Nach oben Nach unten
Agora-RATP

Anzahl der Beiträge : 139

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 11:06

Hello,

SA STRONGLY OUT! I have long dreamed THIS LINE M37
It will be released when?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://agoral752.atpic.com/
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 11:39

AgoraRATP schrieb:
Hello,

SA STRONGLY OUT! I have long dreamed THIS LINE M37
It will be released when?

Hi,

You should use a different translator! Laughing I hope this add-on will be released in the next week (by the end of March) but it won't be rushed so may take longer.

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 12:06

Starting the work on the scenery build now for the additional areas of the Berlin Spandau map:-

Very early work in progress! ....none of this exists on the current Berlin-Spandau map; it's just a field. Very Happy

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Wld_bm10

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 13:05

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Wld2_b10

Very Happy

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 14:12

Hold your horses David! Im still at work, i need to get home and download this - The reskin of the bus I'll avoid but the route looks spot on. Have you used the bus stop displays as well? Be nice to see when the next bus is Wink Wink Wink

Brilliant work sir.

BTW at least the mrs allows some downtime to play this. Mine didn't Rolling Eyes

Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 14:20

Hold your horses good man! ..... it's a good while from release yet Very Happy

Well, at least 3 or 4 days. Cool ......yep, we've got bus stop displays all working in this one. (Not at all stops though as in reality they're at main stops only).

The reskin is a 2002 BVG livery that I grabbed from the German section. It's as close as I can get to the modern buses. Very Happy

The nature of my work (I run my own business) means that I can work on this stuff for long periods at a time.... but then at other times, I won't get on the PC all day. What a Face

Cheers!

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 14:23

davidrogers schrieb:

Hold your horses good man! ..... it's a good while from release yet Very Happy

Well, at least 3 or 4 days. Cool

The reskin is a 2002 BVG livery that I grabbed from the German section. It's as close as I can get to the modern buses. Very Happy

The nature of my work (I run my own business) means that I can work on this stuff for long periods at a time.... but then at other times, I won't get on the PC all day. What a Face

Cheers!

David.

Hi sorry fella! It was the wrong thread Laughing Laughing I meant the Ystad route, i need to download it ASAP!
Nach oben Nach unten
Agora-RATP

Anzahl der Beiträge : 139

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 14:32

If I understood well, the map Spandau of the line M37 will be available in 2 or 3 days ?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://agoral752.atpic.com/
SD80-1709

SD80-1709

Anzahl der Beiträge : 52

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 14:45

Very wonderful line, I'm really waiting for the release of you're map !

maybe you can made a day the line M49 too Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 16:33

great looking map Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)   [RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137) Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[RELEASED]: Modern Day Spandau (Lines M37 / 137)
Seite 1 von 4Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter