ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering

Nach unten 
+5
nev_vern
Marpe
Rüdiger Hülsmann
EHST
supertoast92
9 verfasser
AutorNachricht
supertoast92

Anzahl der Beiträge : 77

G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Empty
BeitragThema: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 19:58

Hello everyone, I've been using the G25 ever since I got OMSI and it works very well with the game, no surprise Smile

I was wondering, is the wheel supposed to center when at a standstill, or do I have the settings configured incorrectly? I could run the Logitech Gaming software but I've been using the Windows setup as it uses less resources.

For other Logitech wheel users, what do you have your settings at? Rock on OMSI Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
EHST

EHST

Anzahl der Beiträge : 62

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 22:36

Try this one

G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Ccccuzhs
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 22:46

With the center spring activated in the Logitech profiler, the wheel in OMSI will center at standstill, too. If this option is unchecked, the wheel behaves just as in real life: No centering and more effort to steer while standing and a centering force depending on the current speed.
Nach oben Nach unten
supertoast92

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSa 26 Feb - 0:23

Ah, thank you both for the replies!

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
With the center spring activated in the Logitech profiler, the wheel in OMSI will center at standstill, too. If this option is unchecked, the wheel behaves just as in real life: No centering and more effort to steer while standing and a centering force depending on the current speed.

I thought that maybe that would make the difference. Thank you very much! And by the way, it's amazing how even the wheel jerks when I bump the curb coming to bus stops Laughing the force feedback detail is amazing!
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 9:23

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
Can you feel in your wheel when the bus slides (in snow weather)?
Nach oben Nach unten
supertoast92

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 13:33

I tried sliding but I couldn't really tell any difference. It's easier to turn the wheel on a snow covered road than dry pavement though!
Nach oben Nach unten
nev_vern

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 18:12

I have no FFB with my G27 Evil or Very Mad

I do feel very little vibration when the bus is not moving but that is all.

Anybody know why?
Nach oben Nach unten
supertoast92

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 19:00

Turn up your feedback settings, I have mine set to a little above 100% in the Windows controller settings.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 19:25

Are the gears inside the G25 very noisy when you turn then? Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
cbruun

cbruun

Anzahl der Beiträge : 132

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 20:47

Ye this bothers me too, no real forcefeedback in this game, but I'm fine with just the centering of the wheel as for this moment until it will be fixed to give a proper FFB. (And no, the wheel doesn't give any FFB even with 60kmh and turning hard to the right or left and stop having hands on the wheel, just stands still doing nothing.
Nach oben Nach unten
EHST

EHST

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 21:15

cbruun schrieb:
Ye this bothers me too, no real forcefeedback in this game, but I'm fine with just the centering of the wheel as for this moment until it will be fixed to give a proper FFB. (And no, the wheel doesn't give any FFB even with 60kmh and turning hard to the right or left and stop having hands on the wheel, just stands still doing nothing.

Go to that folder \Omsi\Vehicles\MAN_SD200\Script

Open "forcefeedback_constfile" you see know these
[newcurve]
FF_vibampl_n

[pnt]

[pnt]

[pnt]

[newcurve]
FF_vibampl_Throttle

[pnt]

[pnt]

Change the

[pnt]

to

[pnt]

It feels way better to me. Give it a try Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

Anzahl der Beiträge : 113

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 22:21

How in the world did you know what to change?
Also if you are already on the awesome roll, what numbers does these values represent?
Nach oben Nach unten
cbruun

cbruun

Anzahl der Beiträge : 132

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 22:50

Thanks Will try tomorrow
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 8:48

It worked for me, thanks!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
EHST

EHST

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 10:50

Skiv schrieb:

what numbers does these values represent?

[pnt]
450 = Rpm
0/1 =off/on

----------------------
[newcurve]
FF_vibampl_Throttle

[pnt]

[pnt]
1.0 = FFB strength "if you change these to 1.5 it feels also good" but check your ffb strenght in your profiler.Got 90% there and its fine.
----------------------

I hope I'm telling the truth here. Maybe lets wait for a official statement Very Happy

Thiago schrieb:
It worked for me, thanks!

Fine cheers And thanks for your reply.
Nach oben Nach unten
jay_zhead

Anzahl der Beiträge : 72

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 14:08

I've played with these settings a lot since I got the sim and finally arrived at a setting that seems to be very realistic, both in terms of centering force at speed and the other effects. What you need to do is:

Download the latest version of Logitech Gaming Software from their site.
Go into special game settings for your OMSI profile (or the global settings if you only use the wheel for OMSI)

Check "Use Special Force Feedback Settings"

Then set the settings:

Overall Effects Strength: 115%
Spring Effect Strength: 123%
Damper Effect Strength: 150%

UNCHECK "Enable Centering Spring" of course, we don't need the wheel centering when the bus is at standstill

Check "Use Special Steering Wheel Settings" and set the turning radius to 900 degrees

Check "Use Special Game Settings"

You're done! With these settings the wheel feels very close to the real thing (I'm using the MAN SL200 as my comparison though, as there are no SD's I can access in real life Rolling Eyes ). I also love how it starts vibrating when you stop with an older-model Voith if you don't put it in neutral Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering   G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

G25 Force Feedback - Wheel centering
Seite 1 von 1