ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

A.I. issues

Nach unten 
+6
JunGRail
poweredbycng
RascarDK
Irreo
flippy1008
EDawg
10 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 23:44

Do people in Berlin drive this poorly? lol! Holy cow I can't get through the route without someone rear-ending me or side swiping me. They also run into each other causing traffic jams and randomly stopping in the middle of the road. Is this a glitch?
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 9:20

Interestingly at a few junctions where cars stop, after a few minutes and a few light changes they actually move again, but mostly its down to bugs...if all the cars can go in all directions on the same light they sometimes clash paths and stop..which is actually quite intelligent AI if you think about it. The only way around it easily it by placing different lights for different directions...

I only notice the truck in the main collision vehicle but if for example you stop calmly, the vehicle behind owing it has enough time will also stop. If you then lurch forward and stop again the vehicle behind is set up in AI terms just to continue forward if the space is free, so if you suddenly stop the AI has to got to suddenly stop and hence may crash into you. Its just a shame we as the bus driver get penalised for REAR END collisions!

Sure, a few bugs, but mostly because the AI is so clever its not!
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 9:42

flippy1008 schrieb:
Interestingly at a few junctions where cars stop, after a few minutes and a few light changes they actually move again, but mostly its down to bugs...if all the cars can go in all directions on the same light they sometimes clash paths and stop..which is actually quite intelligent AI if you think about it. The only way around it easily it by placing different lights for different directions...

I only notice the truck in the main collision vehicle but if for example you stop calmly, the vehicle behind owing it has enough time will also stop. If you then lurch forward and stop again the vehicle behind is set up in AI terms just to continue forward if the space is free, so if you suddenly stop the AI has to got to suddenly stop and hence may crash into you. Its just a shame we as the bus driver get penalised for REAR END collisions!

Sure, a few bugs, but mostly because the AI is so clever its not!
That sounds logical! The AI is quite intelligent for a game. That's what makes this simulator so real. I've also notice the AI can be courteous at times as well. When I'm at a stop and put on my single to had back into traffic the AI will actually slows down to let you in. All in all this is an awesome bus sim!
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 18:40

EDawg schrieb:
Do people in Berlin drive this poorly? lol! Holy cow I can't get through the route without someone rear-ending me or side swiping me. They also run into each other causing traffic jams and randomly stopping in the middle of the road. Is this a glitch?

No ofense, but are you sure you stay on your lane and brake slowly? All the accidents I've had so far were my fault, and no rear-ends at all. The only lateral crash I had was on a curve where I didn't know the lane merged and I hit a car. By the way, I rear-ended a couple cars... some red lights are hard to see from the distance Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
RascarDK

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 20:35

I've had a few AI caused accidents. One where a bus waiting to turn left in a traffic light crossed the road right as i came through and *BAM* it crashed into me and threw my bus into one of the traffic lights, and another where a van drove straight into the side of my bus while i was parked in a lane and the van pulled into this lane (that was plain stupid by the van) Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 5:50

Irreo schrieb:

No ofense, but are you sure you stay on your lane and brake slowly? All the accidents I've had so far were my fault, and no rear-ends at all. The only lateral crash I had was on a curve where I didn't know the lane merged and I hit a car. By the way, I rear-ended a couple cars... some red lights are hard to see from the distance Laughing

I may have drove into the wrong once or twice Embarassed As RascarDK has mentioned I've had the same thing happen to me mainly during the middle of the day or rush hour. I was rear-ended while picking up passengers at the stop after U Rathaus Spd. going towards Heerstr. I was like WTF! LOL
Nach oben Nach unten
poweredbycng

poweredbycng

Anzahl der Beiträge : 151

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 6:21

OMG, I had several cars pull out in front of me from side-streets whilst I was doing 60-70km/h and had to slam on the brakes!
Nach oben Nach unten
RascarDK

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 11:41

On my last 13N night trip, there was a flippin BX that suddenly put on its blinker and turned into my lane(inner lane) right in front of me (in snowstorm!) so i had to emergency brake AND make a quick turn over the pavement. Luckily there were no pedestrians there at the time and i was in the D92, so ABS was helping me. My passengers got a bit angry silent
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 11:45

RascarDK schrieb:
On my last 13N night trip, there was a flippin BX that suddenly put on its blinker and turned into my lane(inner lane) right in front of me (in snowstorm!) so i had to emergency brake AND make a quick turn over the pavement. Luckily there were no pedestrians there at the time and i was in the D92, so ABS was helping me. My passengers got a bit angry silent

The passengers are funny when that happens - I don't know a lot of German, but I understand it when 14 people all shout "Sheise!" (probably spelled wrong).

Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 12:04

poweredbycng schrieb:
OMG, I had several cars pull out in front of me from side-streets whilst I was doing 60-70km/h and had to slam on the brakes!

Yeah i can agree with that comment, you do get a bit heavy footed, i love the kickdown when you slam your foot on the throttle (if you're using a steering wheel / pedal combo) especially if the stretch of road is clear. However when someone hits the bell its usually a quick but easy braking sequence.

The AI is incredible though, by far the most superb game ever written
Nach oben Nach unten
poweredbycng

poweredbycng

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 12:36

Funnily enough, I almost ALWAYS use the kickdown, because I don't know if it's just my personal perception but I find buses with Voith gearboxes to be unresponsive. I haven't had a problem with harsh braking though. Learn the routes and you shouldn't have any problems with braking, unless someone walks or drives in front of you!
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 14:16

poweredbycng schrieb:
Funnily enough, I almost ALWAYS use the kickdown, because I don't know if it's just my personal perception but I find buses with Voith gearboxes to be unresponsive. I haven't had a problem with harsh braking though. Learn the routes and you shouldn't have any problems with braking, unless someone walks or drives in front of you!

The fun of this game is its not a quick ease to learn the route. and once i get familiar with the ticketing that'll enhance it even more. I do love Grundorf though the little map to get a feel for the vehicles. Anyhow i love the SD77, i think one fella said it was like an MCW Metrobus also the DAF DB250 is the same engine as well, the Gardner with ZF Transmission. the whine of the retarder is awesome i almost drive half throttle half off just to hear the whine Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
poweredbycng

poweredbycng

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 15:08

GRRR! It seems that the AI can't drive very well. I just had a Merc sideswipe my bus while I was stationary at a bus stop!

Not good!
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 15:33

poweredbycng schrieb:
GRRR! It seems that the AI can't drive very well. I just had a Merc sideswipe my bus while I was stationary at a bus stop!

Not good!
That stuff happens every single day around here in Philadelphia!! There are some poor drivers out there!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 15:40

So > this < is my fault? Laughing

I often have to slam on the brakes due to the fault of the AI and not myself or not knowing the route well enough. It's hard to keep a good driving score lol... actually it's hard to do a single journey without crashing, then having to call the police and getting delayed. Then you try to drive faster to make up time and that makes you slip up even more easily.
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 16:24

ediblechickenwing schrieb:
So > this < is my fault? Laughing

I often have to slam on the brakes due to the fault of the AI and not myself or not knowing the route well enough. It's hard to keep a good driving score lol... actually it's hard to do a single journey without crashing, then having to call the police and getting delayed. Then you try to drive faster to make up time and that makes you slip up even more easily.

Oh that is bad! Study the buses in real life thats what i do on my way to work, give way to the vehicle in front bounce
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 19:42

poweredbycng schrieb:

The AI In this and the snowstorm situation is unforuntely realistic enough.

Cars just assume that if you are in a bus, you will go slow enough but the problem for the driver is when the car starts to brake, you have to brake at that same time...not the same point where they broke, but actually as soon as you see lights. they have three times the distance to stop over a car, as well as passengers. Equally cars reckon they can just change lanes because the bus driver will notice and slow down appropiately although this can be largely false if you a close situation

I noticed when coming off that annoying roundabout all the cars clear the bus lane but very suddenly. If there a suggestion here, make the cars merge with other traffic, put their blinkers on earlier!

But yes, look how many cars next time on the road try and beat the bus, and then ask the driver how many times it happens and you willl have a right old laugh. At the end of the day, you cant fight with a bus. End of!
Nach oben Nach unten
CityBus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 122

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 21:09

Yesterday I drove the 13N in heavy snowstorm. I drove fast because I thought I could still stop the bus in time when something would happen. When I saw the 94N waiting for traffic lights it became clear to me that I was wrong. I pushed the brake hard but the bus was sliding towards the back of the 94N. At the last moment I turned my steering wheel but unfortunately I drove against the left side so I had to call the police.

I wonder, when a A.I. bus gets removed, is it being replaced by another bus?
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 22:46

What I've seen after playing some hours, is that if you drive like in real life, and not like playing a game, there are many chances that you complete a route without crashes, or the passengers at back babling strange things (no ofense, I don't understand german)

So basically, if you drive too fast, if you don't look your mirrors constantly, if you don't watch what other cars do, if you don't lower speed on narrow streets with many traffic lights, etc... then the chances for a crash or a strong braking are higher. Just remember that this is not a race or a game to show your driving skills at high speeds. It's a bus simulator.

I admit that it's hard sometimes to drive with care, like in real life, because sitting on the computer gives a bit more confidence and sometimes you risk too much. For example I always used to brake the same traffic light in the same place (making the passengers want to get off the bus), because there were cars on my left and I couldn't move too much on the curve. But my last two tours on that spot were perfect. I just drove slower, paid attention to both mirrors, and drove along with the traffic without problems.

It's true that the AI isn't like in real life (maybe gets improved with updates, who knows). Sometimes they do stupid things that people would never do in real life. At least not SO often. But well, as I said before, once you learn the things you can expect them to do to you, it's easier to be prepared before they do it, so as in real life, you go with your eyes on the road, ready for anything...

Safe travels and have fun!

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
poweredbycng

poweredbycng

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 1:58

I fully understand and actually do drive like I would in real life.

As I said, I have no problem with the braking aspect in the game and actually rarely require two taps of the brake button on the keyboard. I am actually very gentle with the brakes, but harsh on the throttle!

Whilst I understand that idiot drivers trying to beat the bus is a problem in real life (as it is in the simulation), I can't understand how it could be deemed 'realistic' that AI drivers can pull out of side streets suddenly in front of a fast-moving bus. Only suicidals would even attempt that kind of manoeuvre in real life!
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 4:48

I try to drive as realistic as possible when driving around town, but these AI drivers are off the hook sometimes. Most of my accidents occur in that rotary. It's a bit hard at times to figure out where the AI traffic is going. Like one guy said earlier this has to be the most advanced AI for a simulator. Maybe an update can fix some of these issues.
Nach oben Nach unten
poweredbycng

poweredbycng

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 7:35

This morning, somebody decided to run into me while I was turning right at the first set of traffic lights leaving Krackenhaus on the 76. I had a green and the car who hit me failed to give way to me and ran straight into my off-side.

Hasn't been a good couple of days for me. Had three accidents all because AI drivers fail to give way or fail to judge their passing manoeuvres...
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 7:49

poweredbycng schrieb:
This morning, somebody decided to run into me while I was turning right at the first set of traffic lights leaving Krackenhaus on the 76. I had a green and the car who hit me failed to give way to me and ran straight into my off-side.

Hasn't been a good couple of days for me. Had three accidents all because AI drivers fail to give way or fail to judge their passing manoeuvres...

Laughing
Yeah, I guess that should be fixed. That's why I said: "Sometimes they do stupid things that people would never do in real life. At least not SO often.".
Because those things can happen (and it would be cool if they still did), but not so often.

A lot of cars in real life block buses, don't help at all, or pull in front and brake, that's why the drivers use to be so angry lots of times, and that's why they are professionals and don't crash (almost). And I still hope cars in this game keep doing that sometimes. But runing red lights or not respecting a yield so often... not good. There is a yield for the incoming cars in this game that right now I stop and let them pass because they almost never respect it. It would be cool if some car would pull out from time to time, else driving would be boring, but not all cars.
Nach oben Nach unten
poweredbycng

poweredbycng

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 7:57

Yes, I know that. The bus scene in every country is bound to be similar. There will always be people who see themselves as 'superior' just because they're driving their own private car.

It's a good thing that bus technology has come such a long way now, although in many cases, this technology can HINDER the performance of buses rather than assist.
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

Anzahl der Beiträge : 121

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 15:08

My only problem with the AI is when i go very slowly (or even stand still) with my bus across the road.
The AI car waits for me, and then when it thinks the road is clear, simply starts driving and hits the back side of my bus as if i wasn't there at all.

It is really annoying since it is clearly not my fault, and not a situation that would ever happen in real life.
I mean i am just standing there with a HUGE orange (i love that flowery paint) bus, it is probably the only thing they see while ramming into me. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

A.I. issues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A.I. issues   A.I. issues Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

A.I. issues
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter