ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Controls question

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
madlewis

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

Controls question Empty
BeitragThema: Controls question   Controls question Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 11:27

This is more a question towards the developers. I managed to get the game yesterday and its amazing!!! Just have a question about the keyboard controls. If I press num pad 2 to apply the brakes, when I let go of the num pad 2 key the brakes aren't released as you would expect, you have to press accelerate to release the brakes. Similar is the steering wheel, it doesn't return to the centre if I let go of the direction key (left, right), don't see this as a problem, just takes a while to get used to!

Is there anyway it can be enabled to reset the steering wheel back to the centre after pressed? Or when you release the num pad 2 key the brakes don't remain active and release?

Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Controls question Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Controls question   Controls question Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 12:23

No, this hasn't been planned. We designed this special keyboard control in order to enable even the keyboard user to drive smoothly which hasn't been possible in any other game yet. If for example the brake wold always return to zero when you release the key, smooth braking would not be possible. With our keyboard control, just hit "2" once and you'll find yourself in a smooth and gentle retarder brake.
The steering wheel can be centered by pressing "5" on the numpad.
Nach oben Nach unten
hcaoc

hcaoc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 31

Controls question Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Controls question   Controls question Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 13:09

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
No, this hasn't been planned. We designed this special keyboard control in order to enable even the keyboard user to drive smoothly which hasn't been possible in any other game yet. If for example the brake wold always return to zero when you release the key, smooth braking would not be possible. With our keyboard control, just hit "2" once and you'll find yourself in a smooth and gentle retarder brake.
The steering wheel can be centered by pressing "5" on the numpad.

Yes! This is one of the features that I really appreciated with this simulator. It's a bit awkward at first, but when you get used to it you realize that it's the best keyboard control from any bus simulator ever! And the mouse controlled steering is exceptional as well! You guys did a great job with the controls!!
Nach oben Nach unten
madlewis

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

Controls question Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Controls question   Controls question Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 13:32

Thanks for your quick reply Rüdiger. I agree its a good idea, just takes some time to get used to. I let go of the key expecting the breaks to be release, forgot that they dont and end up stopping in the middle of the road haha should get used to it soon!
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Controls question Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Controls question   Controls question Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 13:37

That's true, it needs a little time getting used to this unconventional controls, but I promise: Once you get the hang of it, you can control the bus nearly as well as you could with the mouse or a wheel.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Controls question Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Controls question   Controls question Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Controls question
Seite 1 von 1