ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

omniBus project

Nach unten 
+3
poopy
Stefan
Thiago
7 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitimeDo 1 Dez - 7:00

I would like to share this project with you and know your opinion. I've been working on it for a long time and I hope to release it to all OMSI drivers of the world in 2012.
The goal is to make users a little more connected. It's not a multiplayer, but it will try to make users more 'closer'.
It will be an open project. People of all OMSI forums all over the world will be able to use it. Actually it was made with the goal to teach myself a bit of language programming.

The idea is to bring the realtime geotracking to the bus simulation scene, on real-life based maps made for OMSI, just like we have in Flight Simulator.

Users will be able to see the 'callsigns' of drivers currently connected, check their position on a world map (powered by Google Maps API) and track their current position in (almost) real-time.
The plugin is 100% based on the IBIS. This means that you need to operate it correctly (set up line, route, use the 'next stop' announcement) so it can update the info for you.
omniBus intends to be compatible with all buses made for OMSI.

The plugin is consisted of a DLL that is installed into \plugin\ folder of OMSI.

I'll try to include support for almost all the possible Real life maps yet created for OMSI into the system. Since I'm a human, probably I won't be able to see all the current existing maps. So if you are the author or really likes a map that is missing support in the future, you will be welcome to report this.

I don't know if the project will have the feedback I expect, but I don't think on that while working on it. Every serious OMSI driver is welcome.

I got some info about OMSI internal variables with Marcel (thanks!) so I can establish a better focus while the development of this plugin.
I hope to make it available by February or late January 2012.

This is an example of the plugin in 'beta' action:

omniBus project Plugin_demo

All you have to do is to set your bus IBIS correctly. And the plugin will upload your info to the internet.

You won't need to use Alt+Tab to use the plugin while playing. You'll be able to adjust opacity, and you will be able to set it 'always on top', if you want.
An external page powered by Google Maps will be available, refreshing the position of connected users every 8~10 seconds, according to their 'next stop' information on the map they're playing. So if your username is 'John' and you are currently at 'Stadtgrenze', a marker with your name and position info will appear on the map. So imagine how would it be a lot of users connected at the same time. Seems interesting to me.

Look forward to your opinion and feedback.

Thanks!

omniBus project Omnibus_small
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
Stefan

Stefan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 296

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: Re: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitimeDo 1 Dez - 9:09

Sounds like a very interesting and a good idea. Smile Could be fun with a lot of users connected. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
https://www.facebook.com/svanpoppel
poopy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 16

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: Re: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitimeDo 1 Dez - 9:49

Good idea !

I'm really exiting to drive with it on Berlin - Spandau 1989 map (for me the only real map for OMSI).

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

Anzahl der Beiträge : 17

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: Re: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitimeDo 1 Dez - 9:54

I think it is a great idea and hopefully it works out as expected.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: Re: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitimeDo 1 Dez - 20:33

Almost a GPS or some RTPI* Smile That's one of the things that I wanted and it's coming!

* Real Time Passenger Information
Nach oben Nach unten
Voith

Voith

Anzahl der Beiträge : 33

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: Re: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitimeDo 1 Dez - 23:29

Very good idea, I look forward to this bit of kit Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: Re: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitimeFr 2 Dez - 5:56

Thanks for the positive feedbacks! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: Re: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitimeSa 3 Dez - 17:24

Good to see you still on here old friend.

Smile The work on omniBus sounds interesting

Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

omniBus project Empty
BeitragThema: Re: omniBus project   omniBus project Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

omniBus project
Seite 1 von 1