ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model

Nach unten 
+6
Speedy_Sticks
Marpe
Startrekkevster
CityBus
random.monster1981
N298CKB
10 verfasser
AutorNachricht
N298CKB

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Empty
BeitragThema: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 19:56

Just an early 3d model of my palatine, MTL North/Arriva Merseyside version. For a video of a real life one click the link (my own video). Volvo Olympian Palatine II N279 CKB (Kickdown) So far this is a very early 3d model with many improvments needed, long way to go.

If I can work out how to get it into OMSI, and all the config, sounds, animation etc, I will! I need to add in some more faces to get it curvier, but apart from that its not too bad in my opinion! More screenshots to come over time.

My version
[img]Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Omsipa10[/img]

Real version
[img]Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model P3240010[/img]

Any comments?

Luke
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 20:42

If I were you I would rebuild it from scratch with MANY more polygons and smoother edges.

This isn't mm2 so please don't model the same low poly crap that has been made by amateurs for mm2.

The screenshot you've posted clearly has been rushed and is of a very poor quality.

Take my advice and take your modelling seriously, If you w ant to make something stunning then DON'T rush it.

I'm not saying don't model stuff, I'm simply saying don't rush it, and put more effort in.

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Sa 16 Apr - 19:57 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
N298CKB

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 22:33

This model was origionally for MM2, hence why im rebuilding most of it. There is no need to be like that, its people like you who put developers off, taking the piss out of peoples work isnt going to get you anywhere. Secondly, ive had that MCW MKIII for MM2 and it was one of the worst models i had, so deleted it and started building my own stuff instead.

I have spent months working on this it hasnt been rushed at all, i've been rebuilding the back and sides, window frames and building separate objects such as ticket machine, poles etc.

So before you start moaning about other peoples work, think what you say. And showing me that metrobus thing as a quality model, really has made me think whether you know what you are talking about or not at all.

Luke
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 22:40

edit : removing comments on this thread because I simply cba with you whingers anymore.

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Sa 16 Apr - 23:49 bearbeitet; insgesamt 4-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
CityBus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 122

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 0:30

Well, you said it yourself, the model needs more faces especially at the front. At this moment the model looks bad (atleast the front can`t see the other sides) but it also looks like you have turned on flat-shaded mode in your program, if you turn that off the model might look better. I would suggest not spending time in this discussion if it does look bad yes or no, but work on your model to prove us we are wrong.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 0:52

Personally, I think it's shocking the way this guy has been spoken to on this thread. No need for it at all. There are ways to say things. And there's just being rude and offensive.

...but I'm not going there again, so before I leave this thread for greener pastures Laughing ...... N298CKB good luck with the model; it's a bus I'd love to see in OMSI.

Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 1:03

edit : removing comments on this thread because I simply cba with you whingers anymore.

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Sa 16 Apr - 23:49 bearbeitet; insgesamt 4-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
CityBus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 122

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 1:48

I think Luke should continue his work the way he is doing now if he thinks he can make something nice out of it. Last year I`ve made the Leyland MB200 for CBS 2010 ( Video) and when I posted the work in progress pictures at the forum I had the same comments, telling me that the model was too boxy (and also not in the most polite ways lol). I`ve decided to leave it because it was too much work to rebuild the model and I was statisfied with it. When I look back I think it turned out quite nice but the people posting those comments were right because the model could have used more polygons. So take this advice not only for us, people who want to see nice models in OMSI, but also for yourself if you don`t want to get disappointed when you finally finished your model.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 2:01

I may be harsh at times with my replies BUT only with the intention of helping modders/modellers and map creators to make OMSI something special.

I have experience with modelling, albeit not VERY much but enough to know where there are issues in someones work and what can be done to rectify it.

I'm not a bad person and I don't like to see talent get thrown away either by Rushing, or by poor workmanship.

If Luke wants to proceed with this and follow advice from myself and other modellers, his work will be good, If however, He gets angry and then bashes other people's work every time a
bad word is said followed by advice to help him improve, Then there is very little hope that his models will be anything other than something to point at and laugh.

I'm not having a pop at either of you BUT you must understand that if you are going to post VERY early work in progress screenshots then you must expect people to be unimpressed
at it's current stage of development.

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Sa 16 Apr - 20:03 bearbeitet; insgesamt 4-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Startrekkevster

Anzahl der Beiträge : 92

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 2:17

Wow some neat looking stuff here random.monster1981! the ailsa looks promising Very Happy keep the screenies coming. Just goes to show that with time & plenty of patience you can achieve something amazing Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 10:17

I stand with random.monster.. the edges of the chassis look at bit rushed, and I don't see the problem in his comment. You should take it to yourself and use it as constructive criticism like "yeah, he's maybe right. I should try to make those edges more smooth!" and then you could show us the result here. We had an equivalent incident a few weeks ago where it ended up with the developer leaving the forum because the person who said his work didn't meet his expectations had support from fellows (I'm not mentioning names to keep the peaceful environment, but I can tell you that I was involved). I hope that this will not end up like this, so I suggest you just to take the criticism constructive or just ignore it at all! Very Happy

I'm sure that this bus will be good if you spend a lot of time on it - and hey, if this is one of your first models, don't go crazy about it! You'll get better by the time, so just take everything you get as constructive! Very Happy

Kind regards,
Marpe
Nach oben Nach unten
Speedy_Sticks

Anzahl der Beiträge : 30

BeitragThema: Not Amuzed   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 18:26

Lets just wait to see the results, Mr Monster, thank God your not a teacher!

We are in danger of scaring off another modeller, I still think my 5 Star model idea is good.

Mr Monster, please tone down your attitude or you will scare more off, let the market forces in this simulator work. We have some truly awsome work being developed, hopefully that alone will up the standard of other modellers.

Sorry but I am not amuzed.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 18:48

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Sa 16 Apr - 23:49 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 23:02

Nice work for some one who don't know how to model

Look for a smooth modifier that should solve the rough edge look ( assuming your working in 3ds max) but its the same for most 3d software tbh

@random.monster1981

Yes a lil criticism dose not hurt but you are out of order, so heres somthing for you give advice on what he can do better NOT abuse.

Smile rabbit
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 23:11

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Sa 16 Apr - 23:50 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

Anzahl der Beiträge : 248

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 23:38

@OP, sweet mate, I cannot wait to see this bus in OMSI, as you said, it is an early model so good onya for taking on a project like this !
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSo 17 Apr - 19:22

It's going to take a lot to get this model lookin good in OMSI, but I'm with ya luke.

I retracted ALL of my previous comments as people were thinking I was attacking you for whatever reason.

I'm announcing my Projects soon when I've got more built, I don't want to give anything away right now Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSo 17 Apr - 19:30

Interesting..... im curious :-)
Nach oben Nach unten
Panasonic44

Panasonic44

Anzahl der Beiträge : 96

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeSo 17 Apr - 23:37

Thank You Soooooooooooo Much for creating a Excellent Bus even if its in early development. [This is my favourite vehicle] keep up the good work Mate. king
Nach oben Nach unten
http://panasonic44.webs.com
midtown292

midtown292

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitimeDo 21 Apr - 22:05

Panasonic44 schrieb:
Thank You Soooooooooooo Much for creating a Excellent Bus even if its in early development. [This is my favourite vehicle] keep up the good work Mate. king

My favourite drivetrain! cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model   Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Volvo Olympian Palatine II (LWB, Cummins LT10/ZF) - Possible future in OMSI, early 3d model
Seite 1 von 1