ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)

Nach unten 
+6
ediblechickenwing
Marpe
random.monster1981
benni
CristianSkytter
10 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Gast
Gast

Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Empty
BeitragThema: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 13:33

Hi all,

Would love to see people's OMSI set ups (modest and flash!).

Mine is quite modest. My wheel was only £35. I'm using some old CH Pedals (formerly from flight sim use), and a 30" TFT. The real gem in my set up is my TrackIR, which transforms OMSI to a real 'POV' simulator!

Quick (1 min) video:-

Would love to see other people's set ups.

Cheers,
Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 13:47

Might I have a question?

Could you tell me how exactly did you plug the wheel to your desk and this beam?
I can't see it in this video.

Nice setup by the way Smile

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
benni

benni

Anzahl der Beiträge : 90

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 14:14

That's nice, David. I like the bus-like installed wheel! Very Happy

This is mine, I didn't spend that much effort than some others (in the ger. section, there is already a thread like this).

Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Fqfnp49t
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 15:34

Lol My setup isn't that great.. ( Except for the Recliner )

Yeh I use a recliner for those LONG shifts I sometimes do ( 2-3 hours at a time )

Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Photo0313a
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 17:22

CristianSkytter schrieb:
Might I have a question?

Could you tell me how exactly did you plug the wheel to your desk and this beam?
I can't see it in this video.

Nice setup by the way Smile

Regards.

It's all very 'temporary' at the moment til I find a better solution Laughing .. but at the moment, the piece of wood you can see, is just to get the wheel at the correct 'tilt' position. The thing that's actually keeping the wheel itself in place is the old black cable/wire you can see, running round the back of my monitor. (Doesn't look too good but does the job!).

Some nice other set ups there.....

Random.Monster - that recliner does indeed look very comfy!

Benni - I love the 'tablet PC' with (presumably) your timetable on.... very cool!

Cheers,
Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 20:11

What kind of wheel is that, David? Gonna post pics of mine later, when I cleaned my room! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 20:18

https://imgur.com/qZIyU.jpg

Excuse the relatively bad picture, the light looks awful in anything other than night mode and then you find that mode is extremely sensitive to blur.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 23:36

Marpe schrieb:
What kind of wheel is that, David? Gonna post pics of mine later, when I cleaned my room! Smile

It's called "Genius" Marpe, it's a cheap, generic USB Wheel...... I paid the equivalent to about 35 Euros for it, brand new, from eBay. I wasn't expecting much but it works perfectly. It even came with seperate pedals for that price but I don't use them as they're too small, and my CH pedals feel more realistic. Very Happy

This one is similar to my wheel, but not the same (and mine was cheaper) ;-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GTX-27-FORCE-VIBRATION-STEERING-WHEEL-PS2-PS3-PC-/310277501009?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_JoysticksJoypadsGamepads&hash=item483dfaf051

When funds allow, I'd love a '900 degree' wheel, but they're silly money.... and as we have a young child and another baby 'en route' my wife won't allow sim purchases at the moment... Evil or Very Mad Laughing

In 2007, I had a full Engravity 737NG cockpit build in my attic, with some serious hardware and about £5,000 invested... so I've had fun with some serious set ups, but I'm also happy with a joystick and lap top if need be.

Cheers,

Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 23:58

ediblechickenwing schrieb:

Excuse the relatively bad picture, the light looks awful in anything other than night mode and then you find that mode is extremely sensitive to blur.

You will get a bad neck looking at your screen right over there???
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 2:37

random.monster1981 schrieb:
Lol My setup isn't that great.. ( Except for the Recliner )

Yeh I use a recliner for those LONG shifts I sometimes do ( 2-3 hours at a time )
Hey! I use the same steering wheel. Nice!
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 10:12

1812 schrieb:
ediblechickenwing schrieb:

You will get a bad neck looking at your screen right over there???

Nah, once you're sitting there it's right in front of you, you barely have to adjust your head to look at it at all. I actually just have my chair rotated slightly so I'm facing it properly. It's either that or in the middle of the desk, but that feels a bit too close (I like the monitor relatively far away). I do alternate now and again though.
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 94

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 16:20

Where can I get the track IR stuff from? I would to have it so the view moves when I do Smile how much will I be expecting to pay?
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 17:07

103291 schrieb:
Where can I get the track IR stuff from? I would to have it so the view moves when I do Smile how much will I be expecting to pay?

Click Here

It's $149.95, which converts to £92.01
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 18:37

random.monster1981 schrieb:

It's $149.95, which converts to £92.01

.... that's US list price, factoring in no importing costs. You won't get it for £92 in Europe..... Wink

I paid £150 for mine two years ago, from here;

http://www.simw.com/hardware/track-ir-and-graphic-solutions/track-ir-v5.html

...it's currently listed as 149 Euros so pricing seems to have stayed about the same.

It's the best upgrade you'll ever make to FSX..... and now OMSI. Very Happy

David.

Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 19:44

I soon don't know.. would make it much easier to play OMSI, but paying so many money for only one game is a bit exaggerated in my opinion. How good is it even? Are there any videos of it being used in OMSI?
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 19:56

Davids got a few on his 30/31/36 map page. I think it just makes it smoother to see around the cockpit for example...so basically you see what a real bus driver would see the way they see it. The hotkeys of a keyboard are perfectly good for the normal shots, however you dont get the same driver buzz.

I dont use a wheel (considered spending £100 on Logitech GT but then I remember Im paying £100! and TrackIR is too much as you state), but its nice to play with a keyboard after 10 hours of the real things!
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 94

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 22:32

Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeDo 14 Apr - 23:31

Basically, in OMSI, it means that you just very naturally and intuitively "look where you need to look"... Obviously the most practical example of that is the mirrors and taking corners. I've so many OMSI vids on youtube and (not to put any of the great vids down), it amazes me how unrealistic it is taking tight corners with no TrackIR, where you're having to press a view key to check the mirror - during the turn!

With the TrackIR you just look slightly to the right and you're looking in that right mirror, glance up and you're looking at your timetable, glance left and you can open the window, glance right and you can serve your customers.

It's just a huge 'uplift' in realism and transforms OMSI from game to simulator. I didn't buy it for OMSI though, this is my 3rd TrackIR as I've used them since they came out, for FS2004 and FSX.

They're certainly not cheap, and I'm no rich man, but for me it's a question of valuing the TrackIR experience so much, that it's a priority for me to have one.

Cheers,
Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
Stefan

Stefan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 296

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 10:29

And here is mine. Smile

Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) _mg_2710
Nach oben Nach unten
https://www.facebook.com/svanpoppel
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 15:00

Stefan schrieb:
And here is mine. Smile

Very nice, but I am surprised at the number of people who seem to have their monitors positioned 'offset' to the side. Personally I could never use a sim with the monitor there. But I suppose everyone likes things differently and if it works for you! Very Happy

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 16:52

David R schrieb:
Stefan schrieb:
And here is mine. Smile

Very nice, but I am surprised at the number of people who seem to have their monitors positioned 'offset' to the side. Personally I could never use a sim with the monitor there. But I suppose everyone likes things differently and if it works for you! Very Happy

Cheers,
David.
I agree here! When I get my desktop in next month, I'm as well going to have a straight monitor - would get neck pain to bend my head to the left all the time! Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Stefan

Stefan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 296

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitimeFr 15 Apr - 17:15

Haha, I'm okay with it. But I'd prefer to have my monitor in front of me. But due to some lack of space overhere it's not a really good idea. Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
https://www.facebook.com/svanpoppel
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)   Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine) Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Show us your OMSI set up! (Here's mine)
Seite 1 von 1