ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Route lengths

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Dublindeveloper

Anzahl der Beiträge : 39

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitimeDi 17 Nov - 1:44

Hi all, is there any limit on map size or route length in OMSI? How many miles are reasonable before the hardware will have difficulty in coping? I would hope to begin developing some Dublin based maps for OMSI, having already experimented with maps for Vbus.

The nature of roads in Dublin means there is very little uniformity in street sizes or widths. Roads are of unequal width, with irregular shaped junctions and lane markings. Thus, spline based roads would be of little use. I would hope to base route maps on Google Earth, where the maps are of excellent resolution as a basis for modelling.

Would a fifteen kilometer route be possible? Twenty five kilometer? Forty kilometers, if much of the route was countryside with repetitive hedges and trees? Many thanks...
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitimeMi 18 Nov - 0:49

A 15 km route surely will do, as our line 92 will be 11 km long. We haven't set any limits so it will depend on the hardware used. Of course, the whole map won't be visible all the time, the map is split up into many small tiles and you can adjust the number of the neighbour tiles you want to see. So, if anything, it will probably be a question of the tile layout...whether is is a narrow corridor or a dense network with many tiles visible at one place.
Nach oben Nach unten
Dublindeveloper

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitimeMi 18 Nov - 21:11

That's good news. Is it possible to begin route development now, even though OMSI is not available? Is there any preliminary work I might be able to do? Or must I wait for your route developer?
Nach oben Nach unten
Cas

Cas

Anzahl der Beiträge : 90

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitimeMi 18 Nov - 21:20

Well you can always start creating buildings, since for a serious route that's a considerable part of the workload Rolling Eyes
Nach oben Nach unten
http://arriva.casfiles.net
Dublindeveloper

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitimeSa 21 Nov - 1:53

Rudiger, you mention tiles. Is there a uniform size to these tiles? What size would a tile be, 100m squared, for example? Or does it vary? I will be basing a map on Google Earth, and can divide my map into tiles if I know the correct size. Many thanks.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitimeSa 21 Nov - 7:18

Oh, that's not necessary, of course! Cool Cool

First of all: one tile has the fixed size of 300x300m - but we won't guarantee that this size won't change until release (terrain engine isn't finished yet...)

But: you don't need to split your aerial photograph into pieces which have the correct size. You just need four values for each aerial photograph:

* width / E-W (in meters)
* height / N-S (in meters)
* Point where tile Nr. 0 should be (x and y in % of image width/height)

Then Omsi will overlay your entire photograph over all tiles! Isn't that nice? Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
Dublindeveloper

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitimeSa 21 Nov - 12:23

I'm gonna love this...! jocolor
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitimeSo 22 Nov - 0:06

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Oh, that's not necessary, of course! Cool Cool

First of all: one tile has the fixed size of 300x300m - but we won't guarantee that this size won't change until release (terrain engine isn't finished yet...)

But: you don't need to split your aerial photograph into pieces which have the correct size. You just need four values for each aerial photograph:

* width / E-W (in meters)
* height / N-S (in meters)
* Point where tile Nr. 0 should be (x and y in % of image width/height)

Then Omsi will overlay your entire photograph over all tiles! Isn't that nice? Cool

Sounds to me you guys are using MSTS as one of the main examples to creating this route. I think the ideas of having tiles in the route versus one large world is a smart idea. It saves on the memory!! The route editor also some looks interchangeable from the one from MSTS as well!! Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Gesponserte Inhalte

Route lengths Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Route lengths   Route lengths Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Route lengths
Seite 1 von 1