ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

My OMSI Setup / Gear

Nach unten 
+5
JunGRail
Ralph Kramden
Marpe
cbruun
Irreo
9 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

My OMSI Setup / Gear Empty
BeitragThema: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 9:46

I've posted a small video showing my improvised gear for playing OMSI, in the hopes that makes some of you drool a bit Laughing , and maybe even give you ideas on how to configure something like this yourself, to play this game more realistically, therefore making a more enjoyable driving, meaning more pleasant playing Smile

Yesterday I had the idea of using a wood piece I had at home to hold the wheel, instead of using my table, and it felt... well... really good.

I also use an USB number pad with the bus buttons on the keys to make it a little more realistic. First I don't have to remember all those keys, and second it feels more like a bus instead of going to the keyboard to press a key.

Well, here it is. I hope you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRVcVj9g3vQ&hd=1
Nach oben Nach unten
cbruun

cbruun

Anzahl der Beiträge : 132

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 10:14

Cool setup, but a G25 or G27 is way better for this game because of the 900* turning.
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 10:49

cbruun schrieb:
Cool setup, but a G25 or G27 is way better for this game because of the 900* turning.

Thanks.

Yeah the G27 is on my wishlist, but I can't afford it right now No , so it will have to wait.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 11:51

I love that D N R numpad !!!! Very Happy
Great idea!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 12:13

That's really cool Irreo Cool ... my set-up is similar but I no longer use a Triplehead2Go and multiple screens, I use 1 x 30" screen and a TrackIR... it's amazing just turning your head to look in the mirrors on the turns. Cool Number pad is a great idea!

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 12:35

davidrogers schrieb:

That's really cool Irreo Cool ... my set-up is similar but I no longer use a Triplehead2Go and multiple screens, I use 1 x 30" screen and a TrackIR... it's amazing just turning your head to look in the mirrors on the turns. Cool Number pad is a great idea!

Cheers,
David.

I never heard about Triplehead2Go. Just googled it and looks something similar to Eyefinity, which is what I use.

TrackIR is also on my wishlist. Maybe I get it at the same time that the G27... but I don't know if I will be able to afford it because it's a lot of money and I still have my house to pack with furniture, etc... Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden

Anzahl der Beiträge : 207

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 17:58

The G25 is a must for any truck/bus sim, I use the gear shifter as the parking brake lever. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 18:41

cbruun schrieb:

Here here, who can afford it?!
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 18:46

That video is wicked. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah Track IR is on the cards and a G27.

The USB number pad, how did you get the buttons, did you stick them on the numpad?
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 19:47

JunGRail schrieb:
That video is wicked. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah Track IR is on the cards and a G27.

The USB number pad, how did you get the buttons, did you stick them on the numpad?

I printed a screenshot of the bus dash, and I just used that transparent adhesive tape (don't know the exact name in english), removing the keys one by one and then placing them back.
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 19:58

Irreo, this is really a great setup. Really gave me an idea for extra buttons. Numpad is a great idea! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
ruicp

ruicp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 53

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeSo 27 März - 21:47

LOOL lol!

Good Job! lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://urban-bus.com
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeMo 28 März - 0:06

Sweet setup! Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeMo 28 März - 10:54

Hi Irreo,

Could you give more info, (or some pics) of how you attached your steering wheel in a 'vertical' position ?

I'd like to do this with mine but not sure how best to approach the mounting.

Cheers,

Very Happy

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeMo 28 März - 11:34

Hehehe ! Great setup and idea dude ! Very Happy
Like real bus driver.

By the way, your graphic card must be a real monster Smile

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeMo 28 März - 12:18

Thanks all for your comments, appreciated, I'm glad you like it.

CristianSkytter, the graphics card is an ATI 5780. It runs good almost all games, but at OMSI I get extremely low FPS most of the times. Must be the engine, and also that I wanted high detail so I have max parked cars, lots of people, etc...

davidrogers schrieb:
Hi Irreo,

Could you give more info, (or some pics) of how you attached your steering wheel in a 'vertical' position ?

I'd like to do this with mine but not sure how best to approach the mounting.

At 0:45 on the video you can see a white board placed in diagonal (where the wheel cables are resting). That's where the wheel is attached. It's a temporary, unconfortable way of testing my future project. Fortunately I have a carpet under the computer table, so it doesn't slide on the floor. I just place it between my legs and that's it. I don't have to hold it either, because it rests against the chair and my legs.

My idea for the future (once I get a REAL table) is to design and mount some kind of device to hold the wheel, and be able to place it in car position, or truck/bus position. Also I would like to place the screens nearer to me and in a lower height, because right now when I rest back on my chair, the view is too high.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitimeMo 28 März - 12:48

Cool thanks, well at least it works good for you. Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: My OMSI Setup / Gear   My OMSI Setup / Gear Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

My OMSI Setup / Gear
Seite 1 von 1