ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

G25 steering wheel

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 16:03

Hey guys, I'm getting a G25 wheel soon!! Very Happy

For those who already have it, I really have some questions:

1. Does it improve the experience of playing OMSI?
  2. Is it really as noisy as stated in several posts around on the internet?
  3. How is the grip on it, does it turn easy, etc.?
  4. What's your general opinion on your G25?

Thaaanks! Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
scaniaomnidekka

Anzahl der Beiträge : 29

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 16:31

Marpe schrieb:

Thaaanks! Very Happy

1. Yes- especially when you use the gearstick as the handbrake
2. Can be sometimes but this doesn't impact on game play
3.Yes- its just like real life, and you can customize the strength of the centering spring/ force feedback etc
4. Overall it is a fantastic wheel- although the G27 may be better (I haven't tried it)

Hope this helps.

Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 16:58

scaniaomnidekka schrieb:

How can you use the gear as handbrake? Surprised
Nach oben Nach unten
scaniaomnidekka

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 17:31

Marpe schrieb:
scaniaomnidekka schrieb:

Hi,

The gearlever is not an axis, it is several buttons- 9 and 10 OR 11 and 12. You simply (in omsi) set for example 9 to hand brake release and 10 to hand brake apply.

This will mean that putting the stick into gear 3 will release the ahndbrake, and placing it directly below into gear 4 will apply it.

Sorry if this isn't clear- if you need anumore help do ask.

Thanks
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 19:09

scaniaomnidekka schrieb:
Marpe schrieb:
scaniaomnidekka schrieb:

Hi,

The gearlever is not an axis, it is several buttons- 9 and 10 OR 11 and 12. You simply (in omsi) set for example 9 to hand brake release and 10 to hand brake apply.

This will mean that putting the stick into gear 3 will release the ahndbrake, and placing it directly below into gear 4 will apply it.

Thanks
Nononono, I get it! That's awesome! Thanks!!! Can't wait! Very Happy Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

Anzahl der Beiträge : 121

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 19:34

scaniaomnidekka schrieb:
Marpe schrieb:
scaniaomnidekka schrieb:

Hi,

Thanks

That's clever, never crossed my mind. Not that i use the handbrake that much.
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 1:01

scaniaomnidekka schrieb:
Marpe schrieb:

Thaaanks! Very Happy

3.Yes- its just like real life, and you can customize the strength of the centering spring/ force feedback etc
4. Overall it is a fantastic wheel- although the G27 may be better (I haven't tried it)

Hope this helps.

So this means that when the wheel goes back to the centre, it actually stays centre so you can drive without having to keep adjusting the wheel to keep it straight? I have a 270 degree angle wheel and its very good although the full rotation of OMSIs bus steering wheels must be better with a G27.

Also when you do a full turn to pull out from a bus stop the wheel and the screen match exactly?

Sorry for all the questions but i really want to be sure before i save up and spend money on a wheel just for this game
Nach oben Nach unten
scaniaomnidekka

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 8:18

JunGRail schrieb:
scaniaomnidekka schrieb:
Marpe schrieb:

Thaaanks! Very Happy

Hope this helps.

So this means that when the wheel goes back to the centre, it actually stays centre so you can drive without having to keep adjusting the wheel to keep it straight? I have a 270 degree angle wheel and its very good although the full rotation of OMSIs bus steering wheels must be better with a G27.

Also when you do a full turn to pull out from a bus stop the wheel and the screen match exactly?

Sorry for all the questions but i really want to be sure before i save up and spend money on a wheel just for this game

Yep- the steering wheel centres itself (although you can turn this feature off)
The G25 has 900 degrees of rotation- which yes is a lot more realistic

The wheel and the screen wheel match if you have full lock on, however if you only turn slightly, the wheels will not match up as the bus steering wheel has more that 900 degrees of rotation.

If this isn't clear please do say.
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 10:56

You should turn the centering off btw, it is unrealistic and won't help you when you use a wheel for this simulation, trust me. It is different from driving with a keyboard. You will like that when e.g. there is a long steady curve you won't even have to hold the wheel to stay on course.
Nach oben Nach unten
scaniaomnidekka

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 11:43

kd schrieb:
You should turn the centering off btw, it is unrealistic and won't help you when you use a wheel for this simulation, trust me. It is different from driving with a keyboard. You will like that when e.g. there is a long steady curve you won't even have to hold the wheel to stay on course.

I've turned mine off as well- but thought i'd mention it.
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 11:58

scaniaomnidekka schrieb:
kd schrieb:

I've turned mine off as well- but thought i'd mention it.

Yea, i was just mentioning that to Marpe as well. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 15:12

scaniaomnidekka schrieb:
JunGRail schrieb:
scaniaomnidekka schrieb:
Marpe schrieb:

Thaaanks! Very Happy

Hope this helps.

Yep- the steering wheel centres itself (although you can turn this feature off)
The G25 has 900 degrees of rotation- which yes is a lot more realistic

The wheel and the screen wheel match if you have full lock on, however if you only turn slightly, the wheels will not match up as the bus steering wheel has more that 900 degrees of rotation.

If this isn't clear please do say.

This is perfectly clear, with regards to the realism of a 900 degree steering wheel, i suppose real buses, cars and trucks have 900 degrees of rotation. I may opt for that wheel just for this game and keep my old wheel for the truck simulators.

Thanks for answering my long standing queries. I've always wondered as the demo videos, especially 4 the wheel looks really steady compared to when i use mine, of course i can still hold a corner but not as precise as with a G27 i presume. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

G25 steering wheel Empty
BeitragThema: Re: G25 steering wheel   G25 steering wheel Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

G25 steering wheel
Seite 1 von 1