ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[Solved] Background image?

Nach unten 
+2
Thiago
StoneC0ld1
6 verfasser
AutorNachricht
StoneC0ld1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

[Solved] Background image? Empty
BeitragThema: [Solved] Background image?   [Solved] Background image? Icon_minitimeFr 11 März - 0:26

For the background image, can I use one big Google Earth image to plot my streets, or do I have to break it up into 300x300 meter tiles to have a separate image per tile?
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] Background image?   [Solved] Background image? Icon_minitimeFr 11 März - 0:42

StoneC0ld1 schrieb:
For the background image, can I use one big Google Earth image to plot my streets, or do I have to break it up into 300x300 meter tiles to have a separate image per tile?

Yes, you can use one big Google Earth image. When you load the image into the editor, you can set the size of your image in meters, and then the game will position the tiles automatically to your picture.
Well, I had some problems to insert it with great accuracy. It's difficult to make it fit properly (at least for me). But the answer for your question is: it's possible. Smile

** I think that you can't assign one image per tile.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
Emil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] Background image?   [Solved] Background image? Icon_minitimeFr 11 März - 9:33

StoneC0ld1 schrieb:

One file is fine. I've used a 200 mb bitmap,
Nach oben Nach unten
XaReS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] Background image?   [Solved] Background image? Icon_minitimeFr 11 März - 9:55

StoneC0ld1 schrieb:

I got a about 8000x10000 JPG (3km x 4km) and no problem. Only problem is, that loading is slow, because of its size.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] Background image?   [Solved] Background image? Icon_minitimeFr 11 März - 17:24

XaReS schrieb:
StoneC0ld1 schrieb:

I got a about 8000x10000 JPG (3km x 4km) and no problem. Only problem is, that loading is slow, because of its size.

how do you add google earth images to OMSI editor? I havent seen any options for that function.
Nach oben Nach unten
StoneC0ld1

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] Background image?   [Solved] Background image? Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 19:17

My issue right now is that apparently I can't capture the image I need in Google Earth.... The area I need is way too big to be able to get an image with the definition I would need...

Might be free-handing it after all..... Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
ravitsec

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] Background image?   [Solved] Background image? Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 12:55

StoneC0ld1 schrieb:
My issue right now is that apparently I can't capture the image I need in Google Earth.... The area I need is way too big to be able to get an image with the definition I would need...

Might be free-handing it after all..... Sad

It's actually quite easy. Go to the start of your route in Google Earth and zoom in until the scale legend in the lower left corner shows something like 219 m. Then save this as an image (File menu/Save Image...). Choose for the file name something like 001.jpg.
Next move the image without changing height to the next position along your route. Save this as image 002. And so on until you have your complete route saved as numerous tiles.

Then in any image editor that can handle large images, roughly put them together into one big image and export it to jpg format.
Finally you can select this image in the OMSI editor to be shown as background. measure that 219 m scale legend thing in pixels to know the exact width in meters for the complete image.
You then only need to tweak the % values to position it correctly in x and y directions.

For my own route that I'm making (Aachen-Monschau) it came to about 50 tiles for the complete 40 km route. Had to make it into 3 big images of 14 km of route each.

Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] Background image?   [Solved] Background image? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[Solved] Background image?
Seite 1 von 1