ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Last question about english version..

Nach unten 
+7
tomtoon
Neven
peterZZD
jay_zhead
Se7en
Marcel Kuhnt
Kernel
11 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

Last question about english version.. Empty
BeitragThema: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 14:08

Hi,

I wanted ask last time about english version of OMSI. Will be English language included instantly on main relelase or need we wait for some patch like CBS 2010 (i hope nope..) also in english will be too the controls names, IBIS etc?

Thanks
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 15:24

There will be an english version, but I don't know when it come out exactly (that will be mainly aerosoft's planning), but I think it will be released near the german version! Wink

In English language will be:

* The dialogs and warning/information messages in OMSI
* The manual
* The description of buses, maps and so on.

In German language will stay:

* The language of the entering passengers (but that's not sure, perhaps these will be in English, too) but of course you will get information about what they are saying in English! Wink
* The textures, including information on the dash board and something like that. But you also have the manual, so you will understand how each switch/light will work! Wink

So everything should be easily usable, but you will also have the ability to learn a little bit german while driving around! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 15:40

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
There will be an english version, but I don't know when it come out exactly (that will be mainly aerosoft's planning), but I think it will be released near the german version! Wink

* The manual

* The language of the entering passengers (but that's not sure, perhaps these will be in English, too) but of course you will get information about what they are saying in English! Wink
* The textures, including information on the dash board and something like that. But you also have the manual, so you will understand how each switch/light will work! Wink

So everything should be easily usable, but you will also have the ability to learn a little bit german while driving around! Wink

But Marcel,

can you explain why does the German version needs to be separate from English version? Does AeroSoft require that or..?

Se7en
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 16:44

Sorry, but I cannot tell you yet how we will do this.
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 18:18

ok, if the manual will be in english. (Info from german to english) then great. i hope it will be released on the time like german.
Nach oben Nach unten
jay_zhead

Anzahl der Beiträge : 72

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 19:17

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

That actually makes me sad. Arerosoft are well known for being incredibly slow and very haphazard with translations. Just look at CBS. Not only that us english speakers had to wait a ridiculous amount of time for an english version, the text in it was also full of mistakes a four-year-old wouldn't have made. And, to top it off, when the english version did come out, it turned out that those who could not wait and had gotten the german version, had to re-buy the game if they wanted english! TML, of course, couldn't be bothered to release a patch that enables language selection. So, what you're saying, is that if you leave it up to Aerosoft, we would have to wait two months and suffer a poor translation too.

I think this is the wrong way to go about it. As in your case the translation is onscreen text-only, you can release OMSI with both languages allowing for an easy selection from the main menu. Also, it will help if the text is located in stringtable files, that way the developer community will be able to translate the product to any language by themselves, which will only benefit you guys in the long run.

You guys seem to speak great english, so I bet you can translate your sim better than Aerosoft can. And anyway, if you need any syntax help, you can always ask us english speaking folk to help : Cool (Or if you want someone to translate the entire thing by use of stringtables, I'm sure there are many of us here who would be glad to assist, free of charge Very Happy )
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 20:02

@up

Your 100% right... but i think they already requested Aerosoft to translate, i think i'll need to wait more than 68 days to buy boxed OMSI english version Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 20:13

jay_zhead schrieb:
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
I'm sure there are many of us here who would be glad to assist, free of charge Very Happy )

That's for sure! I'd be glad to do it! Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 20:54

There's no problem with me on a EN -> PL road as soon as an English translation is out cyclops
Nach oben Nach unten
Neven

Neven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 100

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeMo 17 Jan - 18:49

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

* The manual

I do not mind learning German at all while driving around.Wink Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeMo 17 Jan - 21:19

it says here that the english version will be available on release date, dunno how true through:

http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11882&PHPSESSID_aerosoft_esales=sluhkkq3f6oiornbk6v7t7f203
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 94

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeMo 17 Jan - 22:21

Nach oben Nach unten
Indigo1507

Anzahl der Beiträge : 124

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 14:14

Don't worry too much about language difficulties with the German version. So many German people also follow the discussions in the English speaking forum (me for a start...), if there is a problem, you will get help quickly. I am quite sure that you get a reply within an hour or so. Most things in the simulator are self-explaining anyway, the map editor is as far as I remember in English and might not even be translated into Germen until the release ( I think I have read that somewhere but I can't find it, so check yourself to be sure), and - most important - you'll be so busy driving that you don't think about languages anyway.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.discover-band.de
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 14:53

By the way, English and German words are often very similar... e.g. "Menü" means "menu", "Start" is the same word in English, or "Optionen" goes with "options".
And even if an English-speaking user can't translate a word - most of them will probably be self-explaining, and when I read an English book... I don't count them, but I'm sure there are a lot of words I don't understand, but nevertheless I can understand what is meant.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 15:15

Additionally I'd like to say:

jay_zhead schrieb:

I think this is the wrong way to go about it. As in your case the translation is onscreen text-only, you can release OMSI with both languages allowing for an easy selection from the main menu. Also, it will help if the text is located in stringtable files, that way the developer community will be able to translate the product to any language by themselves, which will only benefit you guys in the long run.

Thats exactly the way we will do it! And you may add as many language items as you want to. It just said: I don't know how aerosoft planns the release of the english version because there will be an english and a german box. And I think you will only get a printed handbook in one language. But OMSI itself will be switchable! Wink (There are just some problems with descriptions of buses and maps like you have in MSFS, too...)

jay_zhead schrieb:
You guys seem to speak great english

Ok, Rüdiger do so - but I don't think that I'm speaking great english! Wink *lol*
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 15:19

Yes, you do. Big thanks for that info \,,,/

Edit:

I didn't noticed, one language handbook (German)? That's bit suck... anyway great game to buy.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 15:33

I want to say: I believe that EACH box version (english and german) will contain just ONE language as PRINTED handbook. Of course the english version will contain an english handbook!
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 15:36

Oh, sorry, i have understood you wrong! Then great! dankeschoen
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 16:23

I wonder, how easy will translation be? Is it just some sort of xml code? It'd be the handiest way to deal with that Smile

(BTW. Languages start with capital letters, thus it's English, not english.)
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 16:40

Very easy! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 18:03

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

Ok, Rüdiger do so - but I don't think that I'm speaking great english! Wink *lol*

You kiddin' me? Shocked
You speak english better than some friend I know who lives in California! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
jay_zhead

Anzahl der Beiträge : 72

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 22:40

Se7en schrieb:
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

You kiddin' me? Shocked

Bad example... Most people in California speak Spanish. I think the second language after that might be Chinese Twisted Evil

Anyway, Marcel, thanks a bunch for putting my mind at ease. As long as the game is switchable, I'm happy! I plan to get the download version anyway, so I don't really care about the handbook Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 22:57

jay_zhead schrieb:
Se7en schrieb:
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

You kiddin' me? Shocked

Bad example... Most people in California speak Spanish. I think the second language after that might be Chinese Twisted Evil

Anyway, Marcel, thanks a bunch for putting my mind at ease. As long as the game is switchable, I'm happy! I plan to get the download version anyway, so I don't really care about the handbook Very Happy

But he is born in US, and moved to california! lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitimeDi 18 Jan - 23:11

I think this was answered somewhere before, but I'll ask anyway. Will the handbooks be available online for download when OMSI is released?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Last question about english version..   Last question about english version.. Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Last question about english version..
Seite 1 von 1