ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Some questions, which haven't arised yet

Nach unten 
+10
Gräf&Stift
aarongilp
Se7en
Kernel
DIMI
Vincent
krtz07
tomtoon
Marcel Kuhnt
peterZZD
14 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

Some questions, which haven't arised yet Empty
BeitragThema: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeFr 7 Jan - 16:56

OK.. eh, hello first. I have a couple of questions and want to ask them. They are mainly to the developers, but still.

Q 1.
Shall trolleybuses (something you know in German as "O-Bus") be supported?
Q 2.
If yes, will the trolleys follow any set wires?

Q 3.
In case there is a steep hill (say 1 in 4) that buses can hardly get up on, will there be some sort of erm... slowing down whle getting up there?
Q 4.
If yes, will it be dependent on engine in the bus or anything else?

Q 5.
In case I set up a guided bus route (example - Essen in 80s, 90s, routes 146, 147), will the bus follow the route or will I have to do the turning myself?
The answer seems to be "will follow" since there is collision mesh inplemented already.

Regards and have a nice weekend.

Zuletzt von peterZZD am Fr 7 Jan - 16:56 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet (Grund : wrong context)
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeFr 7 Jan - 17:24

Q2: I think we said that already anywhere: we don't have a set of wires for trolley buses! But:
Q1: You can script a bus engine which behave like a trolley bus - and it may sounds like a trolley bus! So you now can decide if trolley buses are possible for your own! Wink But our official answer is "no" because of the missing wire system with following trolley.

Q3: You ask if we have a nice physics engine? Of course we have! Wink So the answer is: of course yes!
Q4: Also yes - the speed depends on your engine, hill angle, gearbox type, selected gear, clutch pedal (if you like to script a manuel gear box) and so on...

Q5: I don't really understand that question: if you want to drive around the bus, following a special bus line, you should make the neccessary turns, of course - if you don't do, you will get to anywhere else! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeFr 7 Jan - 17:31

Q5: ahh, now I understand: perhaps you mean something like that: http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/115/spurbus_mannheim1.jpg ?

No, that's not possbile in OMSI yet. We could make that possible, but it would be a lot of work which we don't need for our project, so we won't include it until release! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSa 8 Jan - 19:46

Yep, that's the tricky one.

But, if I can provide a set of rollers to the wheel-sides and proper rails, then, why wouldn't be it possible? I'd also have to make to rollers behave like rollers (not collide but "roll" upon) and not like a piece of metal sticking out the side of the bus...
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSa 8 Jan - 20:24

Marcel, i think Peter is trying to say that will we be guided the route as in markers or waypoints etc?
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 3:31

There's actually some simulators ( if you can call them that) that if a vehicle goes on a steep inclimb, it will not slow down!

Q6. Do you guys have any plans on producing Artic buses in the future for OMSI as an addon? If so how would that work? Would the rubber bends in the middle be animations or modeled out and have the back part function as a mere trailer?
Q6b. Would it be possible to specified the rear wheels in trailer section of the artic to be powered? There are buses around here which its engine is located in the trailer section of the artic. We used to have buses which were called the Volvo B10M which it's engine was in the front and it was middle drive.

Q7. Are there any plans to release buses in the future with different kinds of Engines and Transmissons? I know that the ZF transmission is extremely popular over there among fans.

Q8. Would it be possible to implement a speed governor system on buses? I know buses around here are set to 100 Km/h or 62mph regardless of gearing.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 11:56

Q6: You can read it in the FAQs! Wink Q6B: we cannot answer until we have implemented that feature.

Q7/Q8: Both can be scriptet by everybody who understands the script language of omsi. Perhaps we will create further buses later, perhaps with ZF, too. But we cannot promise anything. But POSSBILE is it! Governor systems are also possible to script.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 14:16

tomtoon schrieb:
Marcel, i think Peter is trying to say that will we be guided the route as in markers or waypoints etc?
Wrong. There was a fairly nice system in Essen in 1990s where there were rollers attached to the bus just after the main wheels and there were "blocks" of concrete which allowed the bus to go as well as guided it using the rollers.
OK, guiding - gone and bye bye.
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 16:53

Oh ok peter. But will we have a mapped route so we know where we are driving?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 17:33

Of course you will get several hints that you know where you have to drive! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 17:45

thanks marcel Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Vincent

Vincent

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 18:20

Goodevening all,

Maybe it is a formiliar question, but can you only drive the busline 92 or will there be more drivable buslines?
Vincent.
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

Anzahl der Beiträge : 178

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 19:20

Vincent schrieb:
Goodevening all,

Maybe it is a formiliar question, but can you only drive the busline 92 or will there be more drivable buslines?
Vincent.
You can drive whatever and wherever you want, but the ground will be missing.. Very Happy ;-) (no, just that one)
Nach oben Nach unten
Vincent

Vincent

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 20:18

I just stay on the 92 Line. I dont wanna cause any accidents or damage Very Happy
I noticed there is police driving around.

Thanks!

Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 9 Jan - 21:28

But i don't think so, they will try to catch you or something
LoL
Nach oben Nach unten
Vincent

Vincent

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 7:55

Yes i know, but there is police driving around this time, i have not spotted them on Usedom. My driving behavior is terrible over there.
Further i play the good boy Very Happy

lol
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 16:46

OK, Q9 concerns the route editor:

How do we put down roads? Do we select a type and mark sections (like in Trainz or Cities XL 2011) or do we have sections already existing that must be placed like an object?
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 17:26

peterZZD schrieb:
OK, Q9 concerns the route editor:

How do we put down roads? Do we select a type and mark sections (like in Trainz or Cities XL 2011) or do we have sections already existing that must be placed like an object?
I hope it's the first one! Smile

Q10: How can I create road network like a real one, can I put a map picture so I can make according to picture? scratch
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 21:23

Q9: You have both, bendable street types and fix crossings. But the details you will get with the map editor! Wink
Q10: You can add a ground layer picture as reference.
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 21:27

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Q9: You have both, bendable street types and fix crossings. But the details you will get with the map editor! Wink
Q10: You can add a ground layer picture as reference.

YEAH!
All answers like I expected! Cool

Zuletzt von Se7en am So 16 Okt - 17:48 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeDi 11 Jan - 16:11

Sweet! I'll make maps rather than buses for simple reason... to me Blender looks like a MacBook Air to a person from 1975! I think I'll fit some Berlinese (is that OK?) objects, if such arrangment is allowed, of course.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSa 15 Jan - 19:28

OK, Q12 Smile
Will speed limits apply or a sign will be just an object on the tile?

Q13.
If yes, will we be noticed if we exceed the speed limit? If not, will such feature be implemented in the future?

(I was actually going to put Q13 as a piece of C++ code, but since Delphi != C++...)
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 17:18

Q14. Will OMSI support any type of markers file, as MSTS does? And extending this question...will OMSI support any kind of geometry of land extraction (like DEMEX) to create landscape without the editor tools, representing accurately the relieve existing in reality?

Q15. Thinking about making new maps...what will be the license for using existing objects in the BVG 92 line? I mean...if I want to use (or modify, it is the point of my question) any object, like a car, for my map...how will we have to do this?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 18:10

Q12: Of course there are "real" speed limits - think of AI traffic! Wink
Q13: No, not yet. Perhaps later.
Q14: DEM-extraction ist not possible yet (not inside Omsi editor, you could make a stand alone tool doing this - we would give you the format of our terrain data files. Markers are not supportet but you can include an aerial picture, so this was more than enough for our purposes! Wink
Q15: Using OUR objects is no problem at all: since they are included in each OMSI package everone who likes to use your map will have them, too. But because we have copyright on our objects, you have to ask us before editing them (or release an edited version)!
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

Anzahl der Beiträge : 178

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitimeSo 16 Jan - 18:49

Q15: If I buy your game, I can edit them however I want to, but I cannot just sell them...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Some questions, which haven't arised yet   Some questions, which haven't arised yet Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Some questions, which haven't arised yet
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter