ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Some questions.

Nach unten 
+10
Cam
peterZZD
tomtoon
Marcel Kuhnt
Vincent
Dublindeveloper
Lavics
Busfanat
Jannik
Beolex
14 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Beolex

Beolex

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 31 Mai - 7:01

I have some questions regarding many things. Hopefully you can add them to the FAQ so there is no more confusion.

What will be the approximate price? 0-5 dollars, or 10-15 dollars, or 20-25 dollars, or 30-40 dollars?

Will it be a monthly subscription?

Will you pay once forever, or pay again for each version?

Will there be a section for add-ons on the website?

Will you make a Wiki (like Wikipedia) for all of the tutorials?

Would new features/buses cost real money?

Will you introduce a game serial code that can only be used on one computer at a time, to prevent piracy?

These questions would be great if they were answered.

Greetings!
Nach oben Nach unten
Jannik

Jannik

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1175

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 31 Mai - 14:32

Hello.

Zitat :
Will you pay once forever, or pay again for each version?
Only once forever.

Zitat :
What will be the approximate price? 0-5 dollars, or 10-15 dollars, or 20-25 dollars, or 30-40 dollars?
It's a German game, so you have to buy it in Euros. They have not said how much it will cost.

Zitat :
Would new features/buses cost real money?
Maybe, they havn't said anything about this - but they said if there will be a BIG update (f.e. new route, many new buses etc.) it COULD cost money. But I don't know how they will do it.

Zitat :
Will it be a monthly subscription?
No, defenitly not^^

Zitat :
Will there be a section for add-ons on the website?
They havn't said anything about this.

Zitat :
Will you introduce a game serial code that can only be used on one computer at a time, to prevent piracy?
-.-

Zitat :
Will you make a Wiki (like Wikipedia) for all of the tutorials?
They havn't said anything about this.

Greetings, Jannik
Nach oben Nach unten
https://www.youtube.com/Jannik96er
Beolex

Beolex

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 31 Mai - 18:33

Thank you for answering, I was wondering about this. Very Happy
I have a couple more questions, and that is it.

Will OMSI support collision meshes for buildings?

Will OMSI's buses have advanced physics (e.g. bus tilts when you turn left, or can flip over when driving too fast and turning)?

Will buses have damage?

Will passengers inside the bus scream when you are driving dangerously?

Do you plan to introduce new AI Cars (pedestrian cars)? Maybe Volkswagen Transporter 3, W201, Barkas B1000, VW Type 1 (Beetle), and possibly more? That might make the AI Cars more interesting.

Sorry for the millions of questions, but I am really interested in this game.
Nach oben Nach unten
Jannik

Jannik

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 31 Mai - 19:01

Zitat :
Of course^^ But OMSI will not support damage models Wink

Zitat :
Will OMSI's buses have advanced physics (e.g. bus tilts when you turn left, or can flip over when driving too fast and turning)?
Yes.^^

Zitat :
Will buses have damage?
No. Defenitly not Wink

Zitat :
Will passengers inside the bus scream when you are driving dangerously?
They havn't said anything about this, but if the passengers would sream, it would be "not good"^^

Zitat :
Do you plan to introduce new AI Cars (pedestrian cars)? Maybe Volkswagen Transporter 3, W201, Barkas B1000, VW Type 1 (Beetle), and possibly more? That might make the AI Cars more interesting.
Maybe. They wouldn't say too much. Don't ask me why Smile

Zitat :
Sorry for the millions of questions, but I am really interested in this game.
Oh, many people are^^ You are not alone xD

Jannik

Zuletzt von Jannik am Di 1 Jun - 16:47 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Busfanat

Anzahl der Beiträge : 50

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDi 1 Jun - 16:13

Jannik schrieb:
Zitat :
I think not, because they aren't allowed to release the MAN buses with a collison model.
[...]
Jannik

Hi,

I don't think so, Jannik, because they've written about driving onto the sidewalk (ger: Gehsteig) and this is only possible with collisions. I can remember them writing about no allowance to damage the buses, but I think collisions are possible. If there are used special collision- Meshes, I don't know.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Austrian,

Greetings,

Busfanat

Comments in German: Kollision ja, Schaden nein, wenn ich mich recht entsinne Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Jannik

Jannik

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDi 1 Jun - 16:45

Ah, yes, of course. I thought Beolex meant a damage model. Of course OMSI supports collision models^^ I fixed it Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Lavics

Lavics

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDo 3 Jun - 2:02

I wouldnt see what would be the purpose of collision. Unless your a terrible driver and your looking to play the game other then its "purpose".
Nach oben Nach unten
Dublindeveloper

Anzahl der Beiträge : 39

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDo 3 Jun - 21:04

I would imagine (and hope) that the intention is to create a realistic bus driving simulator. Not an arcade game.

If you want to drive dangerously and crash, and cause people to scream, try Carmageddon or such like. This is not the place.
Nach oben Nach unten
Lavics

Lavics

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeFr 4 Jun - 3:22

Wouldnt it be awsome to have ( without the same meaning ) a city like in grand theft auto? Streets, traffic, buildings, pedestrians all look awsome. Just change it in a world that makes more sense LOL.. I would say that would be closest to reality. Although I cant imagine the amount of work done in that No
Nach oben Nach unten
Beolex

Beolex

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeFr 4 Jun - 4:28

Lavics schrieb:
Wouldnt it be awsome to have ( without the same meaning ) a city like in grand theft auto? Streets, traffic, buildings, pedestrians all look awsome. Just change it in a world that makes more sense LOL.. I would say that would be closest to reality. Although I cant imagine the amount of work done in that No

It already has all of that, read FAQ, look at screenshots, and plenty of other information.

Also, by "collision mesh", I mean a 3D Modeling term.

This is a building:

Some questions. A1-3

This is a collision mesh:

Some questions. A2-3

The difference: The building (3D Model) is how the building looks, and the collision mesh (red box) is how it physically interacts. So if you have no collision mesh, you can not crash into the building. If you have a collision mesh, you can crash into the building. If you have a hole in the collision mesh, you will go through the building. I am wondering if this will be supported. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Vincent

Vincent

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 20:53

Hello all,
I have 2 questions.

1. What means the SD at SD83 or SD200?

2. How many route's has busline 92?

Thanks,
Vincent.

Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 21:19

1.) SD200 is the name of this Bus series by MAN. They call the busses MAN SD200, delivery years 1974 til 1985. But the Berlin traffic company BVG calls the SD200 SD74 - SD85. The following bus (the newer one in OMSI with the squared windows) calls MAN SD202, delivery years 1986 until 1992 and the BVG calls them D86 - D92.

2.) What do you mean "how many routes"?
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 21:23

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

I think I know what he means.

For example, in the UK there are some bus routes which have multiple destinations, however are still on the same route number. He means will it just be from point A to B or another destination aswell as the regular ones?
Nach oben Nach unten
Vincent

Vincent

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 21:24

Yes that is what i mean, but thanks already for answer 1 Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 21:25

tomtoon schrieb:
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

I think I know what he means.

For example, in the UK there are some bus routes which have multiple destinations, however are still on the same route number. He means will it just be from point A to B or another destination aswell as the regular ones?

Ah, I see... ok, today, the M37 (which is the grandchild of our 92 Wink ) has multiple destinations, too. But the 92 was just "one line" but had three points where you can end the line additionally: Westerwaldstr., Rathaus Spandau (here you can end in both directions) and Reimerweg.

And one addition to Q.1): SD means Standard Doubledecker! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 21:27

are you creating the 37 or just the 92 then?
Nach oben Nach unten
Vincent

Vincent

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 22:21

Hey marcel, thanks for the answers Very Happy
Now i understand more of it.

Thanks!
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 23:02

Line 92. All additional lines would need much too much additional routes, buildings and so on and will come later PERHAPS (!!!)
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeMo 10 Jan - 23:15

Ok Marcel, is release definitely 26th March (I think i saw someone post other day) didnt know if I was correct?
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDi 11 Jan - 16:40

Apparently SD means "Standard Doppelstockwagen", which, as Marcel already said, is "Standard Double-decker". BVG seems to always have lots of double-deckers Smile
SD200 is the older version (let's call it the 1st generation), made till mid-80s. SD202 is the second generation of buses made by MAN that was produced between mid-80s to early 90s. The difference is mainly a different window design - it follows a straight line rather than making "jumps" every window-end, as well as different front line and many more. BVG used SD for SD200 buses ("Standard Doppelstockwagen" again), but SD202 are D's ("Doppelstockwagen").
202 comes from engine power - it's 200 hp (cut out the last digit) and the generation is the second one (2) - so 200hp = 20 + 2nd generation = 2 = 202. Same applies to other MAN buses - NG272 is a second generation 270HP articulated low-floor bus and NG363 is a third generation 360HP low-floor artic.

Zuletzt von peterZZD am Mi 12 Jan - 16:50 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet (Grund : little time misunderstanding)
Nach oben Nach unten
Cam

Cam

Anzahl der Beiträge : 432

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDi 11 Jan - 17:09

peterZZD schrieb:

SD200 is the older version (let's call it the 1st generation), made till mid-80s. SD202 is the second generation of buses made by MAN that was produced between mid-80s to early 2000s..

Early 1990s. Exactly 1992 Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDi 11 Jan - 17:27

@cam what is the bus in ur profile pic??

thanks,
tom
Nach oben Nach unten
Cam

Cam

Anzahl der Beiträge : 432

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDi 11 Jan - 17:50

I don't know the exactly name Embarassed
It's the Mercedes from the first Video, from this OMSI testbus there was a picture at the beginn of 2009.
You can find it today here
Nach oben Nach unten
Cas

Cas

Anzahl der Beiträge : 90

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDi 11 Jan - 18:06

Mercedes-Benz O405N Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://arriva.casfiles.net
tomtoon

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitimeDi 11 Jan - 18:09

Thanks Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Some questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Some questions.
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter