ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)

Nach unten 
+27
nfshp253
weymouthman
FR1GTS
49kolf
Sixkiller
peterZZD
mattj
mydogsmax
tayibetom
tomtoon
Giovanni
random.monster1981
howlinwolf
ediblechickenwing
flippy1008
busboy170
CristianSkytter
william970216
ocs240683
KS95
Bigben123
Triforce500
T163R
Smallhail741
kopmania
JDX
31 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3  Weiter
AutorNachricht
JDX

JDX

Anzahl der Beiträge : 67

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Empty
BeitragThema: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 1:00

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswntitle

Welcome to 1991
Devon Southwestern National is a semi-fictitious map loosely based on Devon (SW England) in the late 80s/early 90s. In this semi-fictitious world, the National Bus Company is still in operation, and you are working at the Southwestern National Division, based at Totnes.

This map is a large, ongoing project, with each portion of the map being released in stages, thus creating an ever-expanding map. The map represents many arterial routes in operation between Exeter and Plymouth, which are some 45 miles apart in real-life. This route will include the x38, an express route connecting Exeter and Plymouth, which we hope to be close to the length of the real-life x38.

• Very high detail map
  • Painstaking attention to detail
  • Bus diagrams to suit every taste - short suburban runs to long countryside voyages
  • Custom bus liveries, tickets, etc

Current Progress
See 'News and Announcements below for detailed information'

This project is in development, content featured does not represent the quality of the finished product!
This project is in its infancy, and currently the only modeled town is the quaint, scenic town of Totnes, with good progress on routes heading to Dartington and the A38 Devon Expressway.

News and Announcements

24 October 2011

After an unexpected hiatus, work has resumed on DSWN. Various improvements have been made across Totnes, as well as new streets and the extension of the road toward Ivybridge (via South Brent).

Once I reach Ivybridge, I will create another route for Totnes-Ivybridge, then upgrade the entire map with better ground textures and hopefully some custom objects. I will also create bus liveries for the route.

03 July 2011

New screenshots are now online - check out the gallery to view the latest progress! Further work includes:

• Remodeling of Totnes High Street, with expansions to the town centre
  • A new depot and run-down area
  • Cosmetic alterations around Totnes
  • Totnes Station altered cosmetically
  • Expansion of the route out of town to the A38 - see the screenshots

17 June 2011

Further progress with the DSWN map - see the Devon SW National page for screenshot. Work includes:

• Remodeling of the Totnes to South Devon College road (A385) at the College side to resolve a collision field bug
  • Continued terraforming of Totnes to align the terrain in the Merte St-Hollister St-Barback Rd area
  • Buildings along Merte Street, filled in empty spaces in the suburban area, more development on Barback Road and Mountview Road
  • Some changes to High Street and Regent Street
  • New roads around Totnes which will form the routes out of town toward the A38 and Ivybridge
  • Totnes Bus Station improvements, as well as improvements around town

There is now also a dedicated Project Page for DSWN - where you can see detailed information about the route and its progress

07 June 2011

Work is progressing to complete Totnes. Some suburban areas will fringe the current town.
I have also tidied up a few bits within Totnes, redesigned the bus station, and have made progress on routes extending out of Totnes. Next up it the route to Ivybridge, which will feature a short section of the A38 Devon Expressway.
Incase you haven't already noticed - DSWN is available to download as a demo - see the routes page for info!

06 June 2011

Devon SW National (DSWN) is progressing well. I am currently tidying up the current map to produce a public demonstration. Content should be online in the next few days!

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn1[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn2[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn4[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn5[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn6[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn7[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn8[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn9[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn10[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Dswn11

Zuletzt von JDX am Mi 2 Nov - 0:09 bearbeitet; insgesamt 18-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 2:04

Very nice! I look forward to the release of this one Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
kopmania

Anzahl der Beiträge : 120

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 4:41

Dont you think that this curve to the right a little bit sharp ??
[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Screen6
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 8:30

Thank you for reply.

Owing to increased gradient and adverse camber, it looks as if that corner is too tight - but this is just an illusion. It is actually an easy corner.
Nach oben Nach unten
Smallhail741

Anzahl der Beiträge : 300

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 10:51

Hey,

looks good but wouldn't it be a real map as its based on somewhere instead of made up? ...

thanks Smile

Smallhail741
Nach oben Nach unten
Smallhail741

Anzahl der Beiträge : 300

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 10:53

kopmania schrieb:
[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Screen6

Seen sharper, and i live by a really hard corner, especially for busses, thats nothing to what i know Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
T163R

Anzahl der Beiträge : 49

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 11:05

Nice ! Looking forward to it !
Nach oben Nach unten
Triforce500

Triforce500

Anzahl der Beiträge : 50

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 11:38

Where´s the download-link?
Nach oben Nach unten
Bigben123

Anzahl der Beiträge : 33

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 12:34

Great can't wait for this map! finish soon!
Nach oben Nach unten
KS95

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 13:00

This looks great, we need more like it Smile

Shame we don't have RHD busses and the ability to drive on the left side though.
Nach oben Nach unten
T163R

Anzahl der Beiträge : 49

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 13:32

Triforce500 schrieb:
Where´s the download-link?

Don't you see this is a WIP ? No
Nach oben Nach unten
Triforce500

Triforce500

Anzahl der Beiträge : 50

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 13:49

There is no download link, so it is in the wrong section.
Nach oben Nach unten
ocs240683

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

BeitragThema: Nice Map   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 17:23

Nice map looks great cant wait for release
Nach oben Nach unten
william970216

william970216

Anzahl der Beiträge : 9

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeDo 2 Jun - 12:42

this map only has one route?
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeDo 2 Jun - 14:35

It promises to be very interesting !

But please... do not place your work show in download section...

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
busboy170

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeSo 5 Jun - 7:45

I cant wait for this route. I live in paignton so it would be nice to include that aswell then all of the A38 roads to exeter. What routes are you going to include?
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMo 6 Jun - 20:00

I've put up a demo-route on my website so that you can view what I have done so far. Please note that this is a demonstration only, not a final-build quality download.

http://www.iomex.org/routes.php

You can drive between Totnes and South Devon College on the 122 line, Mondays to Fridays. Totnes is IBIS code 20 and South Devon College is 21. Use line 12200 on the IBIS and route 1 or 2 depending on direction.
Of course, when I make a proper 'final' section release, I will be packaging it properly and including maps, etc. This is just all in a zip file and I trust you know what to do with the contents.

Be sure to select 'Devon' from the Depot list when placing your bus. I've only made a depot file for SD202 at the moment!

busboy170 schrieb:
I cant wait for this route. I live in paignton so it would be nice to include that aswell then all of the A38 roads to exeter. What routes are you going to include?
At the moment, my intention is just to give the 'feel' of the area. For example, Totnes High Street has been exaggerated and made into a larger area. However, some places I intend to make closer to their real life counterpart.

I will also be bringing in custom objects and the such, to make it feel a bit more 'English'.

I will also be creating a load of liveries for the buses - I've yet to decide whether to make them accurate or just pseudo-NBC. The D92 will have the newest livery, and the oldest buses will have the oldest livery.

william970216 schrieb:
this map only has one route?

At the moment, yes - but I intend to build a network with many routes. The current route I have to demonstrate my work so far is 8km in each direction
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMo 6 Jun - 21:07

Can I just say...this is unbelievably good!

I have never riden a bus in Devon before, but you've already given this route a personality using the tools at your disposal. The inclines, tight turns, and hill passes really help provide the identity very few maps can portray!

In fact, I got so excited, I stopped playing it because I did not want to ruin the surprise for its release! Obviously it feels lonely with a lack of passengers, but I guess they will come with time.

Take your time. This project is looking insanely high quality. Keep up the work!
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeMo 6 Jun - 21:09

kopmania schrieb:

No no... this is sharp/tight... https://i.imgur.com/aNEer.jpg
And yes that's two way

Just tried the map and it's awesome, you really nailed the right theme that you wanted... screams south west UK all over Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeDi 7 Jun - 6:27

ediblechickenwing schrieb:
kopmania schrieb:

No no... this is sharp/tight... https://i.imgur.com/aNEer.jpg

If only that house wasnt there! Imagine if the controllers went wrong and but a double decker there instead!
Nach oben Nach unten
howlinwolf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 21

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeDi 7 Jun - 15:22

this is a brilliant demo, very smooth to drive, really well done! I look forward to it's release.
Many parts of this really capture the british feel, especially with the raised ped crossings in the high street.
Nach oben Nach unten
busboy170

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeDo 9 Jun - 17:19

Hi there

How do u install the contents of the Zip package?
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeDo 9 Jun - 19:38

busboy170 schrieb:
Hi there

How do u install the contents of the Zip package?

Hi mate,
Bear with me a bit and I'll prepare a more civilized package. In the meantime:

• Put the contents of the Maps folder in /omsi/maps
  • In the MAN_SD202 folder, put devon.hof inside /omsi/vehicles/MAN_SD202
  • In the MAN_SD202 folder, put the contents of Texture/Werbung_D92 in /omsi/vehicles/MAN_SD202/Texture/Werbung_D92
  • Don't forget you need the simplestreets addon!

Zuletzt von JDX am Do 9 Jun - 19:40 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeSo 12 Jun - 6:28

Found a bug!
This is coming from the college I believe.
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitimeSo 12 Jun - 15:40

Ah yes that. I forgot to mention that. The particular section of road there requires remodeling. OMSI doesn't seem to like sharp gradients too soon after an object (such as a crossing).
I can't sort this immediately, however in the meantime you can disable crashes.

I am remodeling that section of road now as I press to make a 'proper' section release for the Devon map.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)
Seite 1 von 3Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3  Weiter