ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)

Nach unten 
+27
nfshp253
weymouthman
FR1GTS
49kolf
Sixkiller
peterZZD
mattj
mydogsmax
tayibetom
tomtoon
Giovanni
random.monster1981
howlinwolf
ediblechickenwing
flippy1008
busboy170
CristianSkytter
william970216
ocs240683
KS95
Bigben123
Triforce500
T163R
Smallhail741
kopmania
JDX
31 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Giovanni

Anzahl der Beiträge : 155

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 12 Jun - 19:02

missing:
sceneryobjects\addon_simplestreets\rq_x8m_2spur_8,0m_sidewalk_busstop_double (2).sco
sceneryobjects\addon_simplestreets\rq_x8m_2spur_8,0m_sidewalk_busstop (2).sco
splines\addom_simplestreets\rq_15,5_2spur_11,5m_sidewalk (2).sli

These are NOT included in latest simple streets!
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 13 Jun - 22:03

was going to say about that bug above, but also... AI cars seem to drive through it?
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

Anzahl der Beiträge : 67

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 13 Jun - 22:42

AI cars are not affected by solid objects. They are instructed to follow a specific path and will do so no matter what is in the way.

Wrt missing objects/spline: Not sure about that. Will have to look into it.
Nach oben Nach unten
tayibetom

Anzahl der Beiträge : 19

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 17:18

when every i try to load this map i get an error saying that splines are missing ive got the new simple streets installed but still no joy??
Nach oben Nach unten
mydogsmax

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 20:01

CristianSkytter schrieb:
It promises to be very interesting !

But please... do not place your work show in download section...

Regards.

am really looking forward to the completion of this map! I live in exmouth right near the rout you are creating!
Nach oben Nach unten
tayibetom

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 18 Jun - 14:14

tayibetom schrieb:
when every i try to load this map i get an error saying that splines are missing ive got the new simple streets installed but still no joy??

can anyone help me please??
Nach oben Nach unten
Giovanni

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 18 Jun - 14:27

Are the missing ones some with (2) in the filename?

Open the route in editor, it will ask you to replace the missing files (replace them with the files without the (2)).
After that, use "save" in editor.
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 18 Jun - 14:45

Giovanni schrieb:
Are the missing ones some with (2) in the filename?

Open the route in editor, it will ask you to replace the missing files (replace them with the files without the (2)).
After that, use "save" in editor.

I can't believe I missed this. I will address this ASAP
(I am about to go out to work for the night so will do it next morning/afternoon).
Nach oben Nach unten
Giovanni

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 18 Jun - 15:29

@jdx:
I would suggest that you delete simplestreets from your pc and than reinstall simplestreets.
So you'll get the same error messages as the other users an can fix it within minutes in the omsi editor.

There must have gone something wrong with your installation. Sometimes Vista/7 create a new file named xxx (2).xxx instead of overwriting it.
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 18 Jun - 15:51

Just tried your sample Devon map...

THAT'S ONE HORNY MAP!!! Can't wait for the completion!
Nach oben Nach unten
tayibetom

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 18 Jun - 16:08

Giovanni schrieb:
@jdx:
I would suggest that you delete simplestreets from your pc and than reinstall simplestreets.
So you'll get the same error messages as the other users an can fix it within minutes in the omsi editor.

There must have gone something wrong with your installation. Sometimes Vista/7 create a new file named xxx (2).xxx instead of overwriting it.

ive tried this numerous times still no joy
Nach oben Nach unten
mattj

mattj

Anzahl der Beiträge : 26

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 20 Jun - 1:03

I have been working (with JDX's approval) on a repaint to hopefully be released as part of this project (loosely based on the NBC Western National livery of the 1970s):

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 FFAkC

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 IDF19

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 YNqzH

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 BsvmK

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 QG0pr

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 SUTSY

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 QFVuZ

Would appreciate any comments - hopefully over the next few days I'll be working on the interior making that fit with the exterior (because it doesn't really at the moment!). It's also possible it will come fitted with a ticket machine for use on Devon: Southwestern National.

Matt

Zuletzt von mattj am Di 21 Jun - 10:36 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 20 Jun - 1:59

I have made an update to this Demo to address previous errors, as well as the following:

• Remodeling of the Totnes to South Devon College road (A385) at the College side to resolve a collision field bug
  • Continued terraforming of Totnes to align the terrain in the Merte St-Hollister St-Barback Rd area
  • Buildings along Merte Street, filled in empty spaces in the suburban area, more development on Barback Road and Mountview Road
  • Some changes to High Street and Regent Street
  • New roads around Totnes which will form the routes out of town toward the A38 and Ivybridge
  • Totnes Bus Station improvements, as well as improvements around town

There is now also a dedicated Project Page for DSWN - where you can see detailed information about the route and its progress

I will update the website accordingly in the morning. For now, here is a direct link: http://www.iomex.org/omsi/dlc/devon200611.zip

DO NOT FORGET TO DELETE THE EXISTING DEVON FOLDER IN /omsi/maps AND THE DEVON .hof FILE LOCATED IN /vehicles/MAN_SD200 and MAN_SD202 BEFORE INSTALL
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 20 Jun - 7:52

Hey,

Just downloaded the new version - after playing the first!

Brilliant scenery placement, roads, turns etc - captures the magic of Devon!

Few bugs

- Can you just look at the Bus Station again, because after I left, first passengers complained and then they all disembarked, just as you take the second corner to the leave the bus station (so after turning left out of the bus stop, the road curves left, there)

- In the final version, I am assuming the timetable will be squashed a little? I know you may be using the real one but OMSI scale doesnt quite fit. From leaving the town towards Holiday Park and South Devon College, the timetable is incredibly generous - its takes about 2 minutes max to Holiday park and another 3-4 max towards College, not 7 minutes between Holiday Park and College. Owing we are on a fast road at this point, its easy to pick up speed after the hill!

- I know the road is going to be extended but if you can compress this timetable into say 13-15 minutes, it will certainly have a tremendous impact!
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 20 Jun - 11:50

A timetable of 15 minutes one way then 5 minutes layover at each end works well, but even that is generous. It could probably be done in 12 to 13 minutes with 2-3 minutes layover each end or perhaps just 2-3 at the college and more at the bus station if you think the layover is not enough (even with loads of passengers and a 15 minute run each way, the fast road section has easily 2 minutes more than it needs). And that can be done without having to rush either.

Also, I think the scroll blinds would look better if you made the "box" border frame on the front black instead of white on the repaint.

P.S. I love the scroll blinds, they look really realistic and authentic to the old British ones.
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 20 Jun - 18:53

Thank you very much for the feedback.
I didn't look TOO closely at the timetabling as this is still a WIP project. I will bear it in mind, though. I did intentionally give a few minutes more than necessary to account for the hill slowing the bus down. If you have a full load and have to stop at the holiday park it takes a long time to get moving again. I will certainly re-time it for next time, though.

And with regards to the issue at the bus station - I will have to examine that closely as I didn't get the same problem myself. I am guessing that it could be due to a Complete To... section of road just below the surface. I will have a look, anyway.

I am hoping my next update will be a proper stage release (i.e. when I have two fully modeled towns linked).

PS - I am local to the area and as a taxi driver I plan on recording some of the routes represented here on my dashcam and uploading to show you where my inspiration comes from.
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 20 Jun - 19:41

I got a list of missing splines and objects(?) on startup but nothing noticeable once playing; however, the roundabout has something wrong in this version because I just had 4 trucks going around in circles never turning off and traffic building up waiting to pull onto the roundabout.

Also, I tried changing the colour of the destination box's border frame from white to dark grey on the repaint (I wasn't certain that this is the source of the colour but I thought I'd try it as it's an image of the destination box), however it doesn't appear to have made any difference. I liked your idea of doing British-style roll blinds so I decided to create my own number blinds (but the slightly more modern style, not quite like yours Wink) but of course there's still the annoying white border.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 22 Jun - 17:46

I love what you made till now. The amount of different twists and turns as well as those short straight sections is well chosen. The only thing... I was going in circles Smile

Unlike Bad Kinzau, the keyboard may be well used for driving, but I'd still use a steering wheel. We'll see, how I'll manage with one in July.
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 22 Jun - 18:53

Thank you Smile
IRL, Devon features towns of many styles. Totnes is replicated in my map as an olde worlde town with modern affluent suburbs. As the map progresses you will visit different places - such as Dartmoor National Park, or the wide avenues of Plymouth. And of course these will all be connnected with entertaining routes such as the A38 or the various countryside roads.
Nach oben Nach unten
Sixkiller

Sixkiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 89

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 25 Jun - 20:31

JDX, great map.

Right now i'm building a new map, but i have problems with invisible objects on the streets.flippy1008 recommended to ask you how can I fix them. Can you help me?

Nach oben Nach unten
http://optgabrovo.tk
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 26 Jun - 13:32

I have found that if you use a steep negative gradient after a crossing or junction you will have an invisible object problem. I found this on one of the roads which goes downhill immediately after a junction, and also at a raised pedestrian crossing. If this is happening in your case then you can delay the negative gradient.
Nach oben Nach unten
49kolf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 414

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 26 Jun - 14:44

Seems to be, that this isn't always the answer. In an another project, there is also this bug, so I fixed the roads as you've descriped, but the error is still there. No

Greets
kolf
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 26 Jun - 20:25

I'm not sure what it could be then mate, I suggest you post a screenshot of the affected section in the help section of the forum
Nach oben Nach unten
FR1GTS

FR1GTS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 116

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 26 Jun - 20:32

Looks interesting,great work Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
mattj

mattj

Anzahl der Beiträge : 26

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 27 Jun - 19:30

Sixkiller schrieb:
JDX, great map.

Right now i'm building a new map, but i have problems with invisible objects on the streets.flippy1008 recommended to ask you how can I fix them. Can you help me?

Which objects are invisible? Could it be that you have your graphics settings set so that only high priority objects show, and you are trying to place a low priority object? I had this problem myself.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)   [WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added) - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[WIP] Devon SW National (Demo route added)
Seite 2 von 3Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter