ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Trucks stuck in a bus only loop

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Lockheart

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Empty
BeitragThema: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 18:57

Okay, I'm having some rather annoying issues with the unscheduled traffic(specifically Trucks) driving in a loop around roads no traffic is allowed to be(beyond that of buses).

Here is an image to show the problem at hand"
Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Truckissue

As you can see, there are 4 trucks in the loop, a fifth waiting to enter the loop as well.

1: No traffic is to be on any of the roads you see in this screen, the intersection you see in the upper left of the picture is where all the traffic is to turn(either left or right) but not allowed straight through.
2: Once the trucks(and its ONLY trucks) come down into this area they go around the loop, and then around again, and again forever.
3: All the roads(save for those past the upper left intersection, are listed as No unscheduled traffic. I even tried Cars Prohibited, and still trucks insist upon going into the bus loop.
4: I've already gone around repeated trying to find any spline or sections of path that I missed/didn't set, yet this is still happening.

If anyone could give me any help, ideas or ways to deal with this 'illegal' drivers to stop them from entering a bus only area, would be helpful.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 19:03

Probably you've set on those tracks a command : Buses & Trucks allowed.
If it is on, even marking a spline with "No unsheduled traffic" does not help.

The solution is to build this loop again and then disable all traffic.
I haven't discovered how to fix it in other way yet, because changes are made ​​immediately and you can't switch it off again.

If I am mistaken, please correct me Smile

Regards.

Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 19:09

CristianSkytter schrieb:
Probably you've set on those tracks a command : Buses & Trucks allowed.
If it is on, even marking a spline with "No unsheduled traffic" does not help.

The solution is to build this loop again and then disable all traffic.
I haven't discovered how to fix it in other way yet, because changes are made ​​immediately and you can't switch it off again.

If I am mistaken, please correct me Smile

Regards.

I believe the command you are thinking of is Buses & Cabs allowed, which was never ticked on these roads. However I've already rebuilt the area three times and still it continues to happen.

At first I thought it might have been due to the road pieces I was using, however this is the ONLY area that it happens even though I've used the same pieces at other bus terminals with no truck issuses.

But thanks for your thoughts, I wasn't aware of the 'one way switch' type thing with the roads.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 19:30

To be honest I'm thinking of "Truck allowed" command Very Happy
Are you sure you've never used it?

I'm not sure it will help but you can always try to use this command to set it according to traffic direction you want.
I mean if you want the traffic to go left or right, do the same for trucks with this command.
Maybe it'll work Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 19:36

I'm sure I haven't used it, never used it on any other roads. I've also noticed that ALL trucks are like attracted to this area, they will drive from the other end of the map just to drive into this loop and go around and around forever.

I recreated the area again, and still trucks enter this loop, If I try to recreate this area again I'm going to have to recreate 3 lines and I'd really rather not have to do that for a 10th time.

Its strange though, the trucks always use the SAME route, they turn left at the intersection(the one in the upper left of the picture) and then head north(down in the picture) towards the loop, then go around in the direction you see them in the picture. they won't use any OTHER roads directions or paths, just that ONE line everytime.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 19:43

That sounds really weird !
Never had problem like this.

Lockheart schrieb:
If I try to recreate this area again I'm going to have to recreate 3 lines and I'd really rather not have to do that for a 10th time.
Yes, it's so annoying.

As I wrote before, try to set traffic for trucks only using discribed command.
You can make a backup of map so you'll risk nothing Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 19:51

Sounds like you have a invalid path marking somewhere in the path, click on Buses and Trucks allowed, all of the paths marked already which does not share the same preference as "buses and trucks allowed" will be marked a yellowish-reddish color. Take another screenshot with the no unscheduled traffic button checked and uploaded here..
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Lockheart

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 20:04

Okay, so... The problem is fixed(I'm hoping.) I tried your idea of working with the "Trucks Allowed" command, and made the intersection the trucks kept turning at, and made it so they were allowed to go through the intersection(making sure they couldn't turn though) and now they don't seem to go into the bus loop or the rest of the area. I did this on a copy of the map, and tested it, watched two trucks drive pass the usual turning point.

Tested this in the real map and it works, I'm not really sure HOW it works but I won't complain.

Thanks CristianSkytter.

Zitat :
Sounds like you have a invalid path marking somewhere in the path, click on Buses and Trucks allowed, all of the paths marked already which does not share the same preference as "buses and trucks allowed" will be marked a yellowish-reddish color. Take another screenshot with the no unscheduled traffic button checked and uploaded here..

Turned out an intersection I had placed down mixed up a pre-defined "Trucks Allowed" command, which sent them up into the bus loop area, while it wasn't directly to the bus loop, but removing the turning lanes from having the Trucks Allowed and setting it so that it only went through the intersection and not towards the bus loop, worked. I don't get it, but I'm not going to complain.
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 20:08

Apparently with OMSI, all it takes is one invalid path marking to totally make what you are trying to do invalid.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Lockheart

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 20:10

krtz07 schrieb:
Apparently with OMSI, all it takes is one invalid path marking to totally make what you are trying to do invalid.

Apparently so. Either way, thank you both for your help! This saved me a lot of grief and work can go back to normal for me once again..
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeDo 7 Apr - 20:23

Anytime Smile

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 6:53

If you set only one "Trucks allowed" there might spawn some trucks and since they are not allowed to go anywhere they choose a path on their own. If you allow them to use some special route make sure that there is an Exit where they are allowed to leave their track.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Trucks stuck in a bus only loop   Trucks stuck in a bus only loop Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Trucks stuck in a bus only loop
Seite 1 von 1