ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Calling English speaking developers

Nach unten 
+3
wu
Speedy_Sticks
Dublindeveloper
7 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Dublindeveloper

Anzahl der Beiträge : 39

Calling English speaking developers Empty
BeitragThema: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeDi 17 Nov - 1:36

Hi folks, I am interested in developing buses and routes for OMSI. As OMSI will be in development for some time, I think it is wise to do some preliminary development now while waiting for OMSI to be released.

Can the team offer any guidelines here for developers? How large should a model bus be? How large are the SD200 buses in comparison? Obviously filesize and framerate will be important. It would be interesting to download an SD200 bus, in order to have an idea about the construction of more vehicles, texturing, etc.

I wonder how many English speaking developers there might be? I would be interested in collaborating with any other experienced modellers in order to better understand the requirements, and assist each other. Ideally, to find someone who can translate from German to English, in order to broaden our knowledge of this new project.

Needless to say, I am NOT interested in building models 'to order,' I will assist anyone who is willing to involve themselves in the modelbuilding exercise, but it needs to be a two way co-operation.

Finally, I would really love to find someone who can offer an English translation for the Blender tutorial videos. I have created a lot of content for Vbus, but would prefer to concentrate my efforts now on the excellent OMSI project. Great to meet you all, and hope to make some good contacts here!
Nach oben Nach unten
Speedy_Sticks

Anzahl der Beiträge : 30

BeitragThema: The question is......   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeDi 17 Nov - 21:26

What will the model your work on first? What year of the model, what engines and chassis will be offered on it?

I will try to give you sound packs for you.

Cheers

James
news@transportradio.co.uk
Nach oben Nach unten
wu

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeMi 18 Nov - 12:04

Speedy_Sticks schrieb:
What will the model your work on first? What year of the model, what engines and chassis will be offered on it?

I will try to give you sound packs for you.

Cheers

James
news@transportradio.co.uk
How can you get the sound pack for each of the model in the world?

if i'm working on a skoda 706 ro and 706 rto, are u going to have the sound pack as well?
Nach oben Nach unten
Dublindeveloper

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeMi 18 Nov - 21:13

Well we don't know yet just what kind of sounds we need. I have sound recordings of Irish buses, but I don't know yet what kind of samples to take. I really look forward to seeing one of the Berlin SD200 buses, to see how the sounds are constructed.
Nach oben Nach unten
jay_zhead

Anzahl der Beiträge : 72

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeSa 21 Nov - 14:19

Yes, a general outline by the developers can be put to good use. As I've emailed the devs before, I can provide detailed photographs and high-quality, professionally made sound recordings of a large array of busses that I have access to through my volunteer work at a bus museum (which is conveniently located at a large bus depot). I can provide detailed sounds and photographs + drivetrain information and driving/physics impressions for the following busses:

Historic Busses:
Mercedes-Benz O305 (original body), both the Mk-I (1967-1974) model and the Mk-II (1974-1984) model (the prior has an engine brake, the latter an electromagnetic retarder)
Mercedes-Benz O405 (local bodied), Mk-I (naturally aspirated), with Mercedes-Benz 3-gear transmission
Mercedes-Benz O303 (original bodied, both RHD and SHD versions, from the early 1980's)
MAN SL202 (Local Bodied - 1984) with Renk Transmission
Many Leyland Tiger Worldmasters - Mk I, Mk II chassis with a multitude of bodies by Van-Hool (Holland), Sarakackis (Greece), Biamax (Greece), Haargaz, Markavim
Scania 145 with Van-Hool body
DAF (1972 multi-purpose mid-engined chassis), with Wilson transmission and Haargaz body
... Also I have access to some really old stuff as well, such as a french Chausson, Ford F8 and White busses built on truck chassis. However, these do not steadily work, so my ability to record their sounds will be limited by their working condition at the moment of request.

Modern Busses:
Mercedes-Benz O405 (local bodied), both the Mk-I (aspirated) and Mk-II (turbocharged) models, the former with Mercedes-Benz and latter with ZF transmission.
Mercedes-Benz O405G (local bodied, ZF transmission only)
Mercedes O404 (local bodied)
MAN NL 313, in Euro 3 and Euro 4 configurations
MAN NG 363 and 353
Volvo B10B with various bodies, local and Jonckheere
Volvo B12B with Merkavim Mars body
MAN HOCL 18.350 or 18.360 with various bodies
DAF SB4000 with Merkavim Mars body

For any of the above listed busses, I can provide detailed photographs at any angle, especially made by request, detailed sound recordings at any driving situation made by quality equipment, and - as I said before - technical data and driving experience accounts. Any model builder who is serious enough about taking on a project can contact me for materials about any of the above mentioned busses, and I will provide them, given a few weeks' preparation time.

So, to sum up, Dublindeveloper: if you want to make any of the bus models listed above, I can definitely help. I have intimate access to all the aforementioned machines, in real life.
Nach oben Nach unten
Dublindeveloper

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeSo 22 Nov - 0:09

Many thanks for your kind offer. I imagine there will be little in common between those vehicles and the Irish and UK buses I would plan on modelling.

I am interested in modelling an unusual Bombardier built bus, which was designed in Germany by the FFG company, and shares the very same dashboard as the MAN SD double deckers demonstrated in OMSI. However, these buses had General Motors two-stroke engines and Allison three speed automatic transmission and a very distinctive sound effect.

There were also German FFG designed single deckers with the same dashboard, this time with the same Voith transmission as the MAN SD, but coupled to a Cummins L10 engine. That would be easier, as I could use the transmission sound files from the SD, but replace the MAN engine files with Cummins sound effects.

There were also earlier vehicles that lasted in service into the 1990s with semi automatic transmissions. I wonder how OMSI would cope with the driver changing gear manually?

I am sure I can obtain sound effects from preserved vehicles, as these buses operated at the same time as the MAN SD buses, and are all gone from service now. However, given the level of detail in OMSI, I would need to know just how many sounds to sample, i.e. gearbox, engine, etc. and how to sample them all seperately.
Nach oben Nach unten
jay_zhead

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeSo 22 Nov - 18:58

Dublindeveloper schrieb:
Many thanks for your kind offer. I imagine there will be little in common between those vehicles and the Irish and UK buses I would plan on modelling.

There were also earlier vehicles that lasted in service into the 1990s with semi automatic transmissions. I wonder how OMSI would cope with the driver changing gear manually?

The Leyland Royal Tigers served throughout all of the UK for many decades. I think they served in Ireland as well. They had semi-automatic Wilson transmissions. We have many of them at the museum, if you wish their sounds and dashboards. However, of course, they are left-hand-drive, but I think it shouldn't be a problem to get the dash mirrored Rolling Eyes
Nach oben Nach unten
Cas

Cas

Anzahl der Beiträge : 90

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeSo 22 Nov - 20:21

Interesting fleet of buses at your museum jay_zhead. What kind of bodyworks do the O405's have?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://arriva.casfiles.net
jay_zhead

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeMo 23 Nov - 10:41

Cas schrieb:
Interesting fleet of buses at your museum jay_zhead. What kind of bodyworks do the O405's have?

Merkavim or Haargaz. It's a jointly-developed generic body, built identically by both. The same body was also built on Volvo B10B, but only a few were ever made, as Israeli operators did not like the B10B as a city bus.

Calling English speaking developers 29568518ty4
Calling English speaking developers 0405mifraky
Calling English speaking developers 394_2506200550792
Calling English speaking developers 394_2506200550720
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeDo 26 Nov - 22:38

Hello, we in Serbia, exactly city Cacak, we have Merkavim Transportation buses:
They are Volvo B12B Apollo and they're great, wish somebody could make it!
Calling English speaking developers 1
Calling English speaking developers 2

Enjoy!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ati-451

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

BeitragThema: Ideas   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitimeFr 29 Jan - 14:32

Hello, I live in Debrecen in Hungary and i should offert two types of Ikrarus.
First The Ikarus 280 dualfuel bus It's a special constuction to enviroment friend buses The Hajdú Volan started these modes in 1986 and it worked till 1992. Teh buses have exciting sound. I like it is a not every day bus.

The Second type is the Ikarus 284
History On first Hungary produced pushing wrist coach Ikarus produced between 1984-86 284 types. This time in parallel with yet two pushing a wrist coach was developed. One 17,4 metres long Ikarus appeared in 1984 on that of the level there were 196.03, which one Scania in cooperation prepared. This bus sank into oblivion. The other development, Ikarus proved to be much more successful 435, which appeared in 1985,. This vehicle hindered the additional spreading of the 284 type, the others were an improvement at the 284 one though to Ikarus (primarily to the successful 280 one) lower floor level, furthermore the longer export, like this bigger capacity. The coach 3 prepared concerned in 4 exports with door.

In Debrecen gone 2piece from the 284 They were both prototype, and they went on the streets till 2009 and they wolud still work.
One From Budapest
And the second
Berlin:

IAK 2-00

Single Ikarus had been to Berlin in 1986 November until 1987 April tentatively a 284, his registration number was IAK 2-00. The coach has a 174 kW-os Rába engine, and 46 sitters-, a standing place was at 138 disposal, his chassis number: 284.K1.001.86 was. According to single informations this bus currently the one of Debrecen BPY-149, the different chassis number contradicts this primarily however (ld. beneath)
Calling English speaking developers Iak2-00b

In Debrecen 2 pieces Ikarus 284 pushing a wrist coach is in service. The buses accomplish a service on the busiest 31 line primarily. One pushing his wrist 284 original registration number: BX was 56-91. It is in service since 1986. December 5. December. in Debrecen.

The new registration number of the coach BPY-149 Latvians. His chassis number: 284.00.005.84

On top of the wrist of the coach ún. wristband can be found.

Budapest - Debrecen:

BX 55-11 -> BPY-150
The only Ikarus 284 BX 55-11 frsz.-ú was in BKV substance there was a coach. Primarily it took service on the 7A line. They tested it from 1985. November 25 in Budapest, 1987. On 8 February got back to Ikarus .
Arrived without registration number into Debrecen in 1987, there BV 87-75 registration numbers a last, 1988. January are in service since the 4. there. The bus was renewed in 1998, his present registration number: BPY-150 . His chassis number: 284.00.001.84
Calling English speaking developers Bx5691

Calling English speaking developers Bpy14981

It would be great that sombody could make it. They are old and the greatest buses of half Europe. (I'm sorry for mistakes of my English.)
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Calling English speaking developers   Calling English speaking developers Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Calling English speaking developers
Seite 1 von 1