ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Question: Left hand drive

Nach unten 
+2
krtz07
tomtoon
6 verfasser
AutorNachricht
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

Question: Left hand drive Empty
BeitragThema: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 16:33

will OMSI ever have left hand drive functionality?

reason is, I want to make a map that models my hometown, but as im in the UK, its left hand drive
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 16:41

I'm not part of the team but I'd guess it would be difficult at present, as there are some key areas of the design that are coded towards "right hand path" driving (to use it's corrent term. Wink right and left hand drive refers to the vehicles, which of course are the opposite Laughing ).

Eg... the directions of the arrows on the 'tracks & trips' are not currently changeable.

I suppose the problem is that the countries that operate "left hand path" driving patterns are relatively small compared to almost all of Europe and North America driving right hand path.

But there are still quite a few countries that drive on the left;

- UK
- Republic of Ireland
- Australia
- New Zealand
- Japan
- India
- Sri Lanka
- Bangladesh
- South Africa
- Zimbabwe
- Hong Kong
- Malaysia
- Indonesia
- A number of Caribbean nations
- A few South American countries (eg...Belize & British Guyana)

....I doubt we'll get it in OMSI ......... but as a Brit I'd love to be wrong!

Very Happy

Zuletzt von davidrogers am Di 15 März - 10:31 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 18:23

umm could be as simple as inverting the paths on the splines, or roads!! which would only take an hour or so to do. I have no idea how to do it though, but it should be possible in OMSI.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 21:49

If you can invert the directions of the paths on the splines in the current version of OMSI, I'll eat my hat. But would love to see the capability in a future version
Nach oben Nach unten
edmond9508

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 4:16

Hi! Just signed up an account to reply this thread.

The following link is a translated thread in Omsi Forum (German) about one-way street (useful for your situation).

I suggest that you read all the posts to the end first before doing anything. All of them are useful!

I'm sympathetic to you since traffic flow in Hong Kong, which isn't on the list above Wink, is also left-handed.

So, could you eat your hat now? Very Happy (You know that I'm kidding. Razz

Happy mapping!

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t2239-einbahnstrasse-2-spurig&rurl=translate.google.ca&usg=ALkJrhj2YqqIzTqtYlnRvm4bY_qVA
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 10:33

.....offer still stands. Ready to eat hat publicly for the first person who gets left hand path traffic in the current version of OMSI... Wink (Oh and Hong Kong added to list above Laughing )
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 21:58

After editing a spline and a junction I have got traffic driving on the left, the junction stop lines would have to be changed and car indicators need to be changed but it works, hooray, where's Davids hat :-)

Edit, just noticed the function to change which side the cars indicate is in the same editor(crossing editor) so it is easy to make them indicate properly.
I am just working my way through all junctions and splines to make them left hand drive, I have made a copy of the various folders so I have a left and right hand version of each.

Question: Left hand drive Road

Question: Left hand drive Road2

Zuletzt von Jasonm am Mi 16 März - 22:04 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 22:16

Good so now we need Marcel and Rudiger to update OMSI with this feature enabled and then need some LHD buses Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 22:21

tomtoon schrieb:
Good so now we need Marcel and Rudiger to update OMSI with this feature enabled and then need some LHD buses Smile

Yes, maybe they are working on it.
I have not tried a bus path yet, maybe that won't be as easy, of course in theory it should not be a problem.

Update, I have just had a quick drive through the junction, it is great to be able to drive on the left without traffic hitting you from the front :-)

Nach oben Nach unten
AxcelRyrap

AxcelRyrap

Anzahl der Beiträge : 9

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeSo 26 Jun - 11:36

Jason schrieb:
After editing a spline and a junction I have got traffic driving on the left, the junction stop lines would have to be changed and car indicators need to be changed but it works, hooray, where's Davids hat :-)

Edit, just noticed the function to change which side the cars indicate is in the same editor(crossing editor) so it is easy to make them indicate properly.
I am just working my way through all junctions and splines to make them left hand drive, I have made a copy of the various folders so I have a left and right hand version of each.

Good work there, it is a hurrah for my possible future work with English buses Very Happy How did you do that though, through a program such as Blender?
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeSo 26 Jun - 16:31

AxcelRyrap schrieb:
Jason schrieb:

Good work there, it is a hurrah for my possible future work with English buses Very Happy How did you do that though, through a program such as Blender?

Thanks, actually its not too difficult to change the settings in the scripts just takes a bit of time which I have not had a lot of recently.
What it needs is someone to change the white stops lines etc so they are on the other side of the road.

Nach oben Nach unten
AxcelRyrap

AxcelRyrap

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeMo 27 Jun - 6:21

Jason schrieb:

Thanks, actually its not too difficult to change the settings in the scripts just takes a bit of time which I have not had a lot of recently.
What it needs is someone to change the white stops lines etc so they are on the other side of the road.

So basically the majority of the English who are shy of Blender experience must wait for the English version of the Object creator manual to come out so that English roads can be made. Great. Rolling Eyes
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeDi 19 Jul - 23:07

AxcelRyrap schrieb:
Jason schrieb:

So basically the majority of the English who are shy of Blender experience must wait for the English version of the Object creator manual to come out so that English roads can be made. Great. Rolling Eyes

To the modder: Please release the left hand drive splines so I can use them to make Edinburgh, and just overwrite the files when the one's with the correct lines are made. That way when the RHD buses are finished and released we can have a map to drive em on Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
AxcelRyrap

AxcelRyrap

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeMi 20 Jul - 21:01

midtown292 schrieb:
AxcelRyrap schrieb:
Jason schrieb:

To the modder: Please release the left hand drive splines so I can use them to make Edinburgh, and just overwrite the files when the one's with the correct lines are made. That way when the RHD buses are finished and released we can have a map to drive em on Very Happy

Its more complicated than that. If you simply change the paths on the original roads, it would look odd because all road markings would be on the wrong side of the road. When a tutorial for splines comes out (or someone kindly tells me how to ;D) I'll be making a collection of English roads for my West Cumbria map.
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitimeSa 23 Jul - 10:12

AxcelRyrap schrieb:
midtown292 schrieb:
AxcelRyrap schrieb:
Jason schrieb:

Its more complicated than that. If you simply change the paths on the original roads, it would look odd because all road markings would be on the wrong side of the road. When a tutorial for splines comes out (or someone kindly tells me how to ;D) I'll be making a collection of English roads for my West Cumbria map.

Ok then, well I shall make Edinburgh with the wrong kind of roads, and replace them with yours when they are done. Can't be too much longer before English tutorials come out.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Question: Left hand drive   Question: Left hand drive Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Question: Left hand drive
Seite 1 von 1