ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Multi Language Downloads Website

Nach unten 
+3
StoneC0ld1
Code-121
chrisjdesigns
7 verfasser
AutorNachricht
chrisjdesigns

Anzahl der Beiträge : 27

Multi Language Downloads Website Empty
BeitragThema: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSa 12 März - 13:29

Hi,

I purchased omsi the other day and im really impressed with the quality and attention to detail, well done to the devs. Im thinking of putting together a downloads site for omsi mods cause there is a real need for one as far as im concerned. The site would be in multiple languages (although most would probably have to be computer translations) and ill be making the system myself (im a professional web developer). If anyone else is interested let me know here and i could have it up and running fairly quickly, I'd also be interested in anyones ideas for the site.
Nach oben Nach unten
Code-121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 75

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 0:48

It's a good idea, I hope it will be done. (please include italian language) Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
StoneC0ld1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 4:57

I'd definitely go for that.... We need a more international-friendly site for OMSI addons... Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Mercedes4ever

Mercedes4ever

Anzahl der Beiträge : 44

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 12:01

In a few days there will be an international website for addons. I'm working hard on the project with a friend. Wink

I think that there is a need of an internation modsite, too. Wink Good luck!
Nach oben Nach unten
chrisjdesigns

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 15:11

Cool, good luck to you, a bit of competition is always healthy. Wish i had some help with it, started yesterday, have the upload mechanisms done and the display mechanisms, just need to style and sort out the other extra features which shouldn't take long. Hopefully i will get time to fit it in between work this week and get it done.

ps, out of interest, are you using a ready made script or are you coding from scratch?
Nach oben Nach unten
Mercedes4ever

Mercedes4ever

Anzahl der Beiträge : 44

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 15:39

Well, my friend is coding his system from scratch. I'm only for the style and design... Very Happy Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 15:42

I really like the idea of a central download base, we are currently working on a download section for this forum in English AND German, where everyone can post his projekts.
Then we have a good overview about all addons being offered.

Nevertheless you can of course open separate download bases... it's just that I want you to know about this Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
Freeman

Freeman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 55

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 16:20

Hi

Yes, its a very good idea - and its good to hear that the OMSI team have something in the works too Smile

- The main problem I have with the current system is that there are sooo many projects that I loose track of which ones are actually available to download or are just previews.....
- Another problem is that where some people have released updates for their maps, they Dont put the new download link on the first post so you have to look for it within the thread..... and for me that is hard in the German section because I know very little German Rolling Eyes

@Janniboy - for future reference: Projekt should be Project
Nach oben Nach unten
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 16:44

Freeman schrieb:
@Janniboy - for future reference: Projekt should be Project

Thanks for the hint, of course it should be projeCt... sometimes my mother tongue mixes up letters when I'm writing in English, 'cause in German it's "Projekt" Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
chrisjdesigns

BeitragThema: Testers Needed   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeFr 18 März - 13:08

Well, its nearly ready to be released, there are still a few things to be done but ill need some people to test it for me pretty soon. Ive gone for a very clean style to keep focus on the content and im using a cdn to store the uploaded files so hopefully that should keep it running well. The site itself is stored on my dedicated server so we should have no problems there. If you have something to upload and would be willing to test the site out for me then send us a pm and ill get back to you with the link when ready, this should be tomorrow morning hopefully.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Nach oben Nach unten
chrisjdesigns

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeFr 18 März - 18:19

Actually, ignore that. The site is up and running at www.omsimods.com so if you have some files to upload head on over there and have a look.
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSa 19 März - 17:37

Doesn't work, It says it needs to be a zip or rar and what I was uploading was a zip
Nach oben Nach unten
chrisjdesigns

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSa 19 März - 18:51

Walker schrieb:
Doesn't work, It says it needs to be a zip or rar and what I was uploading was a zip

hmm, that's strange, Ive just tried uploading several different zips, rars and gzs and all of them worked first time, are you by any chance using google chrome? Could you clear your cache and try again, if not could you possibly email the file to me at admin@omsimods.com so i can have a look why it wont upload? Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards

Chris

Nach oben Nach unten
chrisjdesigns

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSa 19 März - 19:31

Hi,

Just to follow up, if you were using chrome, the issue should now be fixed. Its to do with chromes handling of mime types when uploading zip file so ive had to alter the code to work around it.

Cheers

Chris
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSa 19 März - 19:57

I was using Firefox, Should it be fixed for both?
Nach oben Nach unten
chrisjdesigns

BeitragThema: Re: Multi Language Downloads Website   Multi Language Downloads Website Icon_minitimeSa 19 März - 19:59

It should yes, if you clear your cache to make sure your not getting the old page and try again, it should work, if not, try extracting the zip and re-compressing it with winrar or winzip.
Nach oben Nach unten

Multi Language Downloads Website
Seite 1 von 1