ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Seasoup

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8

Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer Empty
BeitragThema: Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer   Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 17:26

You might encounter a problem like this:
Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer Untitled-8
The only solution I have found is to go into Control Panel and set the Language for non-Unicode Programs to English or another Western language
Problem is, if you switch it back to the one you were using prior to the installation, the files become corrupted and the game would fail to load
I've even tried AppLocale, and it didn't solve the problem at all
Is there another way to get around with this? or do I have to keep the language set as English?
Nach oben Nach unten
jay_zhead

Anzahl der Beiträge : 72

BeitragThema: Re: Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer   Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 13:14

There is no solution for this. I've ran into this issue with a few German-made addons for msts in the past as well. Thankfully, there are very little non-Unicode programs out there these days, so it's not really a problem just keeping the locale on english.

Your best bet is to ask the developers to rename all filenames with special German characters in them in the next patch for the game. That would allow it to run on a system with any locale.
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer   Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 13:27

That's what we're doing at this time. So this issue should be fixed with the next update.
Nach oben Nach unten
jay_zhead

Anzahl der Beiträge : 72

BeitragThema: Re: Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer   Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 13:30

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
That's what we're doing at this time. So this issue should be fixed with the next update.

Great, thanks Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Seasoup

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8

BeitragThema: Re: Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer   Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 15:59

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
Thanks. I really appreciate the efforts you guys have put into this game. Razz
A few Chinese songs have messed up its ID3 tags because I switched the Language, but I guess the fun was more than worth it anyway. Rolling Eyes
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer   Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Install/Running OMSI on an East Asian Computer
Seite 1 von 1