ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -

Nach unten 
+10
Timo96
flo9ryn
Marpe
smiler52
aarongilp
Thiago
kopmania
Sauerland
Dario
midtown292
14 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2
AutorNachricht
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

[RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 10:06

midtown292 schrieb:
random.monster1981 schrieb:
I would have downloaded this but forcing me to use an addon bus isn't a smart move imo, Perhaps you should do 2 versions, one that uses the addon buses and one that uses the default buses. Wink

You do not have to drive the addon - it is for the AI traffic! If you do not have it you will not get the full experience I am trying to create! Please stop whining and make your own map if you do not like mine!

@aaronglip - Make sure you delete the old version then download and install the current V1.5 - there should be no error, but I might install OMSI on Vista to make sure I can test how my maps work on fresh installs of OMSI.

you don't have to be a complete cock about it, It's simply a suggestion that perhaps you could have released 2, one which uses the current buses and one that uses the defaults simply because some of us don't want to install addon buses until they become of a higher quality Wink

You really need to start LISTENING to people rather than take constructive criticism to heart, There is a reason I suggested it, and that simply is that some people dont want addon buses in OMSI just yet until the SDK comes out ( from which they can start introducing higher quality vehicles similar to that of the default buses )

Don't get me wrong, I understand that you are trying to "create an experience" but when the "experience" is driving a route with a default bus and being surrounded by a complete fleet of single decker buses it kinda looks... well... It just doesn't look right.

Anyway I think I will download the map but change the AI buses back to the defaults, thanks anyway Smile

Don't take this as me being unappreciative, I do understand that making a map is time consuming and frustrating at times
( I've done some for mm2 so I should know this ) but as I said, Forcing users to install something they don't want to install isn't a great start to map making Wink

Remember, Us Modders are here to HELP YOU, not diminish your work in front of you.

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Fr 20 Mai - 10:23 bearbeitet; insgesamt 5-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 10:09

Surely I have erased the previous version, it was the first thing I thought to do before installing the new one. It keep happening. In appearance, the D92 ZF has some textures missing, but since I removed it from the ailists.cfg I have no idea what is happening in the background...
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 11:14

aarongilp schrieb:
Surely I have erased the previous version, it was the first thing I thought to do before installing the new one. It keep happening. In appearance, the D92 ZF has some textures missing, but since I removed it from the ailists.cfg I have no idea what is happening in the background...

Sorry about that - I forgot to add the textures to the RAR file. Please forgive me.

@random.monster1981 - Do not use such language against me in my own thread. If you disagree with the way I mod do not download and do not post. No one else has a problem and btw not all the buses are single - if you had tried the map instead of bitching you would see most are double deckers. The Karosas are to represent an independent company which would run Lynxes (which the Karosa ZF sounds like) some people may appreciate the detail, but as it is obviously lost on you I suggest you get mods made by someone else. I cannot upload different versions as it is hard enough with my poor internet connection to upload one.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 12:07

midtown292 schrieb:

@random.monster1981 - Do not use such language against me in my own thread. If you disagree with the way I mod do not download and do not post. No one else has a problem and btw not all the buses are single - if you had tried the map instead of bitching you would see most are double deckers. The Karosas are to represent an independent company which would run Lynxes (which the Karosa ZF sounds like) some people may appreciate the detail, but as it is obviously lost on you I suggest you get mods made by someone else. I cannot upload different versions as it is hard enough with my poor internet connection to upload one.

well soooorrrrryyyy, I used no bad language against you, I simply referred to your first response as being somewhat cocky ( hence the no need to be a complete cock remark )
Since when did you find constructive criticism such a bad thing?

I just thought I would post on something that I deemed un-neccesary in a map download, Don't forget, This is a Map download, I went on this topic to get a new map, Not a new map that I can't use because you have forced the inclusion of addon buses Wink
Nothing is, as you've worded "lost on me"

I understand you are trying to recreate some kind of realism within this UK Style map ( with independants that operate with lynxes etc ) But you Still don't seem to grasp the fact that I wasn't Bashing you nor your thread and work, But merely offering some suggestion to improve it for those who don't have nor want the karosa installed, do you get it now?

I facepalm to some of you map/mod makers who think that constructive criticism is somewhat "bashing" or belittling when clearly it's someone telling you what Could be done to improve the work that you have produced to make it more appealing to other people.
The only thing I can say is, You must learn to deal with criticism, Constructive or otherwise, OR your work will not improve much and people will end up picking someone else's stuff over yours.

I am NOT saying your map is bad, In fact I looked at it in the editor and it is HUUUUUUUUUUGE, I just don't approve of being forced to install something I don't want installed just to drive a map Laughing
I would rather be honest and tell you my thoughts on it as opposed to sitting at my computer and typing bare faced lies, And my Thoughts are "good map ( in editor at least ) bad idea for forcing karosa download in order to drive on it"

Or would you prefer people lie to you?
I know I would prefer honesty with any work I produce instead of people brown nosing me.

Now, BEFORE you post a reply, Remember this.

I appreciate all the work you have put in to this map, I just do not approve of the requiring of the addon buses in order to play it properly.

I am not bashing you, Nor am I arguing with you, I do not wish to Argue, I simply wanted it known that I was less than impressed when it kept crashing due to not having karosa addon bus installed.

/end
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 13:08

midtown292 schrieb:
aarongilp schrieb:

Sorry about that - I forgot to add the textures to the RAR file. Please forgive me.

@random.monster1981 - Do not use such language against me in my own thread. If you disagree with the way I mod do not download and do not post. No one else has a problem and btw not all the buses are single - if you had tried the map instead of bitching you would see most are double deckers. The Karosas are to represent an independent company which would run Lynxes (which the Karosa ZF sounds like) some people may appreciate the detail, but as it is obviously lost on you I suggest you get mods made by someone else. I cannot u7pload different versions as it is hard enough with my poor internet connection to upload one.

well soooorrrrryyyy, I used no bad language against you, I simply referred to your first response as being somewhat cocky ( hence the no need to be a complete cock remark )

Since when did you find constructive criticism such a bad thing?
You clearly do not understand this concept so I will await for you to search google for it's meaning Wink

I just thought I would post on something that I deemed un-neccesary in a map download, Don't forget, This is a Map download, I went on this topic to get a new map, Not a new map that I can't use because you have forced the inclusion of addon buses Wink

Nothing is, as you've worded "lost on me"

I understand you are trying to recreate some kind of realism within this UK Style map ( with independants that operate with lynxes etc ) But you Still don't seem to grasp the fact that I wasn't Bashing you nor your thread and work, But merely offering some suggestion to improve it for those who don't have nor want the karosa installed, do you get it now?

I facepalm to some of you map/mod makers who think that constructive criticism is somewhat "bashing" or belittling when clearly it's someone telling you what Could be done to improve the work that you have produced to make it more appealing to other people.

The only thing I can say is, You must learn to deal with criticism, Constructive or otherwise, OR your work will not improve much and people will end up picking someone else's stuff over yours.

I am NOT saying your map is bad, In fact I looked at it in the editor and it is HUUUUUUUUUUGE, I just don't approve of being forced to install something I don't want installed just to drive a map Laughing

Ok I will make an alternative with some kind of SD200 instead of the Karosa or maybe it will be ok if I bundle the Karosa mod? Sorry for misunderstanding the tone of your posts Smile I hope we can move on as cyber friends even if I sometimes get a bit anal! Thanks for your criticism Razz . PS how do you feel about driving about 40-80 miles in a MAN double Decker?
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 13:14

xD that's fine, Sorry if I seemed to be a bit of an ass towards you, 40-80 miles in a MAN DD, hmmmmm sounds good personally lol.

I wouldn't mind that, In fact I would most likely allow to learn to use the interior camera ( at the downstairs rear ) better ( I have a tendency to rear end cars atm using that view due to not being accustomed to it Laughing )

Again sorry I sounded like a tw@ lol

Getting our points across FTW!
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 14:41

xD that's fine, Sorry if I seemed to be a bit of an ass towards you, 40-80 miles in a MAN DD, hmmmmm sounds good personally lol.

I wouldn't mind that, In fact I would most likely allow to learn to use the interior camera ( at the downstairs rear ) better ( I have a tendency to rear end cars atm using that view due to not being accustomed to it Laughing )

Again sorry I sounded like a tw@ lol

Getting our points across FTW!

I am used to that one, but I can't seem to get the exterior camera, when its point to the front 3/4 of the bus, I either drive off the road or into oncoming traffic Shocked and then almost get a heart attack when the passenger shout "something scheisse"!!

Yeah, I will try to read posts more fully and before replying, also I think instead of 2 different version I will just use the default buses, albeit different gearbox versions Razz, as this does not make the download too big, and does not require people to download buses they may not want, plus it should get rid of the "Data not found" errors. The correct textures (and a Stagecoach take over of KarosaBus! Wink) will come with V3 which should be released today, with at least a 25 mile motorway and an Airport which I can't decide if it should be named after the county (Greendale Airport) or after the nearest town (Cookston Airport) or something else all together (like Robin Hood Airport, well not that exactly but you get what I mean). Any ideas for a name if I don't name it after the town or county?
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 14:49

I can't think of a name for an Airport, It's actually funny you mention a stagecoach type map, I'm in the process of making a complete fleet repaint, all SD200's and all SD202's into Stagecoach Liveries, Including the Pink Cancer Awareness SC Livery and the Green "Open Top" Livery for all buses, I've only got one bus done so far O.o

I think I'd best get cracking on them lol, I think I'll just brand them as "Stagecoach In Omsi" then that way they'll kinda look right no matter what the map is Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 17:17

Sounds good can't wait! I was thinking of making the city in the middle of my map a Stagecoach city, but then I though I would make it like London with red buses. But now I cannot decide. The big three are in this map, when I upload V3 textures will be correct. Arriva, First and Stagecoach run most of the routes; I think the "mini-London" idea would probably be best so you get that "come off the motorway and fall into a sea of red buses" kinda feeling that I assume one would get when one travels into London.

Edit: Decided the airport will be "Vale of Greendale Airport" - hope it fits on the ANNAX.
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 21:54

I am stuck!! I cannot get the motorway to work - traffic just drive far too slowly even though I set it to 100 and extremely low/low density, also some roads refuse to be "No Unscheduled Traffic" I still see cars Evil or Very Mad Another problem is that the longer none of the routes behave correctly at termini - some disappear others drive a few meters then disappear then reappear and do the same few metres again - this repeats for as long as I could bear watching.
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 22 Mai - 6:28

midtown292 schrieb:
I am stuck!! I cannot get the motorway to work - traffic just drive far too slowly even though I set it to 100 and extremely low/low density
I have this problem too in my map. Not only in motorway but in classic roads, cars usually go some kmh over the half of the speed I set. I mean, if I set 100 kmh, cars will drive at 53, 54 kmh as maximum. I'll try to set speed to 200 kmh, to see if there is any improvement Very Happy

Edit: I forgot to say I also have some issues when setting density. In a roundabout, I set all pieces but two with Low Density, the others with Very Low Density...and the most part of vehicles go through the lowest density pieces...
Nach oben Nach unten
tayibetom

Anzahl der Beiträge : 19

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 3 Jun - 9:21

ive installed it as per the read me however when i go to load the map i get "file not found" message.??
Nach oben Nach unten
tayibetom

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 5 Jun - 8:49

Please can someone help me? i have the datei nitch problem how do i get the map to load i really want to try this map??

Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 5 Jun - 13:41

I totally did not authorize for any parts of my mod to be included in route, I dump the contents of the files in and it totally wiped out the latest verisons of the ZF gearbox on my PC!! If there are any add ons if you want to include, you should ASK the author of these add ons before including them in the package!!

Now people will be faced with Random errors, to fix it, you can download the ZF mod.

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/OMSI/ZF-Script-0.7.1.zip

extract the contents to the proper areas, otherwise it will compound the errors even further
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
egner1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 21

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 19:32

ibis codes ?
Nach oben Nach unten
tayibetom

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 18 Jun - 18:23

tayibetom schrieb:
Please can someone help me? i have the datei nitch problem how do i get the map to load i really want to try this map??

HElP PLEASE
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 3 Jul - 10:51

krtz07 schrieb:
I totally did not authorize for any parts of my mod to be included in route, I dump the contents of the files in and it totally wiped out the latest verisons of the ZF gearbox on my PC!! If there are any add ons if you want to include, you should ASK the author of these add ons before including them in the package!!

Now people will be faced with Random errors, to fix it, you can download the ZF mod.

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/OMSI/ZF-Script-0.7.1.zip

extract the contents to the proper areas, otherwise it will compound the errors even further

I am very sorry krtz07; forgive me for using your mod without permission!! I won't do it again!!!

To those experiencing errors: I reinstalled my OMSI after upgrading my PC and now I cannot run it either!! It works in the Map Editor, but fails to load at "Loading Textures" if anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -    [RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -  - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[RELEASED!] County of Greendale V1.5 -
Seite 2 von 2Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2