ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

mouse steering problem

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
dummybas

Anzahl der Beiträge : 9

mouse steering problem Empty
BeitragThema: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeDi 19 Apr - 17:13

hello everyone
i'm use mouse to contol the bus, but i found a
problem that the steer lock decrease when you get fast, and go back to
normal when you slowdown.
in other word, even though you haven't moved the cursor, the steering wheel self-centers when you accelerate...
this
is quite annoying, because you don't get enough steer lock in some
narrow and curvy mountain roads. and when you encounter some emergency
situation,it gets even worse, you brake hard , you steer, and it turns
more than you want...
so i'd like to know if it's possible to disable this speed-steerlock connection.
thanks for your help
Nach oben Nach unten
Scenicruiser

Anzahl der Beiträge : 83

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeDi 19 Apr - 18:07

dummybas schrieb:
hello everyone
in other word, even though you haven't moved the cursor, the steering wheel self-centers when you accelerate...
this
more than you want...
so i'd like to know if it's possible to disable this speed-steerlock connection.
thanks for your help

Don`t drive so fast!

And don`t use "Bold" in normal text. I understand you well, but message was hard to read because... Wink Thing twice before using of "send" button, and spend more time on writing of message.
Nach oben Nach unten
dummybas

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeDi 19 Apr - 20:12

sm3 schrieb:
dummybas schrieb:
hello everyone
this
more than you want...
thanks for your help

Don`t drive so fast!

And don`t use "Bold" in normal text. I understand you well, but message was hard to read because... Wink Thing twice before using of "send" button, and spend more time on writing of message.

thanks for your reply.

i just made some studies on sd200, normally you get 3.5turns from strait forward to left(or right) lock, but when you get to about 30kmh, you only get 2 turns, that's 1.5 turns less! huge amount when driving on some mountain roads...
i'll be grateful if someone could turn this off... Smile
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeDi 19 Apr - 23:29

Get a steering wheel, then you can turn your 'game' into a 'simulator' Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
dummybas

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeMi 20 Apr - 0:51

1812 schrieb:
a steering wheel will certainly make things better, but they are mostly too "racing style"... so it doesn't match our origine to simulate... Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Scenicruiser

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeMi 20 Apr - 3:31

dummybas schrieb:
1812 schrieb:
a steering wheel will certainly make things better, but they are mostly too "racing style"... so it doesn't match our origine to simulate... Sad
I use mouse, and I can drive smoothly on curves etc. But of course sometime I get same problem than you (I thing). Self Center thing is something what I have noticed too, but I don`t see it as problem. Just slow down on curves.

Nach oben Nach unten
dummybas

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeMi 20 Apr - 3:44

sm3 schrieb:
dummybas schrieb:
1812 schrieb:
I use mouse, and I can drive smoothly on curves etc. But of course sometime I get same problem than you (I thing). Self Center thing is something what I have noticed too, but I don`t see it as problem. Just slow down on curves.

i've watched lots of videos,and i found out that wheel users can "corner" much faster than we do... so it will be a lot better if we can disable this self-centering option Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXWVedaj-Fs

Zuletzt von dummybas am Mi 20 Apr - 5:36 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Scenicruiser

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeMi 20 Apr - 3:55

dummybas schrieb:
sm3 schrieb:
dummybas schrieb:
1812 schrieb:

i've watched lots of videos,and i found out that wheel users can "corner" much faster than we do... so it will be a lot better if we can disable this self-centering option Very Happy

Maybe developers read this topic and add this feature in next update for OMSI.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeMi 20 Apr - 12:42

OK, I can understand very well you problem - but you don't know the other side:

If you won't have this feature, the steering would grow much too much sensitive at high speeds... on the other hand: If we would reduce sensity at all speeds, you won't have any possibility to get around narrow curves...! Wink

So we thought that we have implemented the best solution for this problem - haven't we? Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
dummybas

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeMi 20 Apr - 18:20

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
OK, I can understand very well you problem - but you don't know the other side:

If you won't have this feature, the steering would grow much too much sensitive at high speeds... on the other hand: If we would reduce sensity at all speeds, you won't have any possibility to get around narrow curves...! Wink

So we thought that we have implemented the best solution for this problem - haven't we? Wink

in my piont of view, you can add some inlinearity to the mouse control other than cut off some steerlock. just like in live for speed,which is also a good simulator, and after some adaptations in the game, we can smoothly drive the car with mouse even at very high speed(250kmh+)
so maybe your solution is the best one for now, but there are better ones, and i really hope to see this feature in later releases, coz i believe lots of players do not have a wheel. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeMi 20 Apr - 19:44

Yes, you may be right - but I don't like inlinearities! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
road-hog123

Anzahl der Beiträge : 22

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitimeDo 10 Nov - 20:54

JUST USE THE KEYBOARD!!! - Only prob then is you get really jerky steering at top speed...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: mouse steering problem   mouse steering problem Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

mouse steering problem
Seite 1 von 1