ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011

Nach unten 
+2
GLaDOS
flippy1008
6 verfasser
AutorNachricht
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Empty
BeitragThema: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 17:37

Hi guys,

I have just thought of two fantastic ideas to get the community involved, and closer together after recent events!

OMSI-MAP-WEEKEND
On Friday 8th April 2011, I will unveil the specifications for the map I desire. Then all the budding map creaters on this forum (both German and English) have until 10pm on Sunday 10th April 2011 to create, upload and send me their map to the spec. The one who meets the spec the best will see their creation have their own individual forum post and fancy release to the public. They will also be entered into a leaderboard, and if the competition is popular, I will reintroduce the second round in May!

COMMUNITY-MAP-BUILD-WEEKEND
The following weekend I will upload a very basic road and building map, and then we will have a community map build session. So Iwill upload the map, then one person downloads it and posts it on the forum, then uploads it asap (within 5-10minutes) with a few changes, and then the next person downloads it. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, we would have a built a pretty good map...or a terrible one! Either way, after thats done, depending on the success rates, we will tidy it up with IBIS and make an official release of it as well.

If you would be interested in either/or/both of these, just post on here. Thanking you.
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 18:06

This sounds cool, I'm in
Nach oben Nach unten
chrisrose1993

chrisrose1993

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 18:13

So, Basically your getting people to build you a map....... Rolling Eyes
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 18:14

It's a competition and I guess everyone will get the map!
Nach oben Nach unten
chrisrose1993

chrisrose1993

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 18:43

Its not really though is it, If the maps going to be to his specification, Its just basically him getting people to make him a map in disguise Rolling Eyes

If anything I think one of the OMSI team should pick the specification.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 19:55

The one-now-then-another-one, or the community-build seems an interesting one. I could try something Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 20:42

@ chrisrose1993 -- The only reason the spec is there is because many people will start developing their maps for the competition NOW, since I have mentioned it, and therefore a spec will be released on launch night so all those trying to cheat may realise their map is all wrong and not to the spec! If I wanted a map which I adored, I, like many others, would never be 100% satisfied until we built it ourselves!

@ Walker-- yes everyone will get the winners map. as part of the t&c of the competition, you give permission for me to republish the map (i will not make changes and full credit will be given where and when due)

@peterZZD -- it would be pretty cool to see how our community of map-makers can create a map in 48hours...what sort of end product it is. After all since the map wont need a theme, it could certainly be an interesting one!
Nach oben Nach unten
Olivier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 27

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 20:45

It wouldn't be very interesting if there were a lot of specifications. I think it would be a better idea to give each competition a special theme, where people can build a short route around. Themes such as, for example, 'forest', 'touristic', 'beach', 'factory', 'brand new', 'harbour', 'bus station'. Catching an atmosphere in a route is a real feat.
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 0:01

Make sure that everyone signs a 5- 10 min block, release, and then someone else reserves it so you don't have a map that is an inaccessible mess
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011   OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

OMSI Map-Weekend Competition - Starts Friday 8th April 2011
Seite 1 von 1