ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express

Nach unten 
+14
jswallow
fredrik.v
JayKae
Neven
JunGRail
rzr09
Lolsmurf
pav1
Jason
scania_n270ub
ediblechickenwing
GLaDOS
Marpe
18 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Gast
Gast

My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Empty
BeitragThema: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 19:04

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind reception and PMs people have sent about my Dannenburg map.

I just thought I'd let you know that I have started my next map this evening (although I will also be doing a V3 for Dannenburg too).

My next map is a Swedish map and route.

It is based on the Express Bus service that runs from Malmo to Ystad, in Southern Sweden. Although this route runs with many variations (and line numbers) in real life, I will model two services which I will call Lines 100 and 200.

Line 100: YSTAD - SANDAKRA - SKURUP - BORRINGE - SVEDALA - MALMO.

Line 200: YSTAD - SANDAKRA - SKURUP.

Cool

This will be an Express (or Limited Stop) service, with some fast running segments. Expect a journey time of around 50mins in each direction. Better take a flask of hot coffee with you on this tour.... Cool

[EDIT: Checked Google Maps; average journey time (one way) 50 mins, so perfect!]

Cheers,
David.

Zuletzt von davidrogers am Di 22 März - 22:40 bearbeitet; insgesamt 7-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 19:25

I wish you wouldn't tease us David!! I want it now!!!! Mad Razz Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 19:42

1 hour each direction? Damn, you're gonna crash that editor.
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 19:45

All we need to go with it is a luxury coach?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 20:15

1812 schrieb:
I wish you wouldn't tease us David!! I want it now!!!! Mad Razz Wink

Thank you Very Happy ... I must admit I'm excited at the thought of a long distance run in OMSI!

Marpe schrieb:
1 hour each direction? Damn, you're gonna crash that editor.

That does worry me, but as I understand OMSI's architecture, I don't think there should be a limit on tiles / quantity of data, etc. (in theory!) So hopefully it'll be ok. Very Happy

But yes, we would ideally have a single deck luxury style coach for this route in reality. A nice Bova or Volvo!

Very Happy

Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 20:48

Link to PDF showing route and simplified timetable:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?s55u6fc95ovvafu

Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 20:50

Fancy giving me a hand on mine? the ai's shagged.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 20:52

What's up with the AI ?
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 20:59

They do the route, But instead of turning round and doing the opposite route they just drive and onto the road and dissapear.
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 21:10

1812 schrieb:
All we need to go with it is a luxury coach?

Nah, my local bus service is 80km and 1hr 40 minutes long each direction, and it's done with standard city buses but with a bit nicer seats and seatbelts. But it has been done with buses which have standard seating in the past Wink

You did a nice job on Dannenburg, although it's not my type of map/service. I'm used to services which have a higher average speed, don't stop as often, go through mostly countryside and where nothing is flat Razz It might just be where I'm from, but I find your claim that the map has small tight roads for this size of bus so caution is needed is ridiculous lol... nothing is tight to me until you can't fit two buses past each other and you need to mount curbs in a 12 metre bus to get around some corners hehe

Zuletzt von ediblechickenwing am So 13 März - 21:16 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
scania_n270ub

scania_n270ub

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 21:13

Wow!

I love long distance routes, I had the Bialawa-Lutomierz route on vBus (some kind of cross-country route) and I used to love it for running on busses out of towns!

Good luck with the route, I promise I'll download it as soon as it's ready to download Cool

Cheers,
David.-
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.vbus.es
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 21:21

Yes, long routes where you just drive is... is.. great! Very Happy

My local route is 20-25 KM and it takes 34 minutes each way. But a route in an hour.. and then with my G27 which I will get in May.. and my i7 ASUS which I will get in May... and OMSI.... ooooooh my God! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeSo 13 März - 23:44

Walker schrieb:
They do the route, But instead of turning round and doing the opposite route they just drive and onto the road and dissapear.

I know why that's happening. That's exactly what happens if you fail to have the same track spline as the last spline of the outbound journey and the first spline of the return journey. Check your splines in "tracks and trips" and you should see an anomoly.

If that same 'ending spline' isn't also the first spline of the return journey, the bus will drive to end of that spline and then disappear.

So the rule is you must have that 'overlap; BUT it has to be just that one spline. If you overlap by 2 splines it won't work and if you overlap by no splines it won't work. The problem is, editing the tracks and trips is not good in the editor; you may be better off deleting the routes and donig them again.

Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 11:47

Ystad - Malmo Update:

- Road and junction intersections laid. (LOT'S of tiles!!).
- Traffic lights installed (don't worry, very few out on the highways).
- 30, 50 and 80km/h zones and signs set up.
- 'Info' signs showing the route etc set up.
- Some early traffic rules (ie... no cars in bus areas etc) built.

This map is going to blow Dannenburg out of the window! It's amazing how much you learn from your first map that you can implement in a better way in your second map.

Basic timetable will be that a one way leg will take 45 minutes of driving time, with a 5 minutes layover half way (at Skurup), and a ten minute layover at the terminus. Therefore 1 hour per leg each way, 2 hours per rotation on the tour. Cool

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 12:34

Sounds good David, can't wait for this one.
Can you confirm that there is no limit on the number of tiles used?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
pav1

pav1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 32

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 13:41

you really made my day david.
any sights of beuatiful nordic nature in this map?
Nach oben Nach unten
Lolsmurf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 13:48

Keep it up dude !

you re giving the community a nice piece of art you know.

I hope you get it finished, I can already feel that this map is going to feel awesome !
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 16:49

Jasonm schrieb:
Sounds good David, can't wait for this one.
Can you confirm that there is no limit on the number of tiles used?

There certainly doesn't appear to be Jason. The tiles and road splines are already done for my Ystad-Malmo map (was up until 3am last night, got a bit too into it!) and I would guess I have about 60-80 tiles there.... possibly more. They are set out in a 'horizontal' layout too, and again I was worried OMSI would run out of lateral space for the tiles but no issues at all. Cool

pav1 schrieb:
you really made my day david.
any sights of beuatiful nordic nature in this map?

I would love to have more 'scandinavian-ness' in this map but the issue is I'm not a modeller at all, so will have to make do with the standard object library. But there are so many great objects in the library, I never really scratched the surface with the Dannenburg map.

I am also looking at some basic photoshop edits of some of the standard roadsigns, to turn them into place name signs, so at least there will be a custom sign saying "welcome to Malmo" (in Swedish of course) etc. Very Happy

Lolsmurf schrieb:
Keep it up dude !

you re giving the community a nice piece of art you know.

I hope you get it finished, I can already feel that this map is going to feel awesome !

I can promise it'll get finished Laughing , I'm really passionate about this one. I love Scandinavia and have travelled across Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland extensively (haven't been to Finland yet). I also love the challenge of getting a long route into OMSI, as a contrast for the shorter ones. Cool

Cheers,

Zuletzt von davidrogers am Mo 14 März - 16:52 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 19:44

Thanks for the info David.
Another question, do you use a map as a background image? if so how do you do it?

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
rzr09

rzr09

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 20:22

GREAT! cannot wait
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 20:45

Is it ready yet David????

Rolling Eyes bounce

Sorry, but I told you that you shouldn't have teased us.. you have no idea how much I can't wait for this......
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 21:47

Jasonm schrieb:
Thanks for the info David.
Another question, do you use a map as a background image? if so how do you do it?

You can absolutely use background images (ie... Google Earth) in the Editor. However I've only just started playing with this. Dannenburg and Ystad-Malmo don't use a background image.

The main issue with a large bitmap type image is that it's not greatly suited to a bus sim because you're always "on the ground" so don't get a good perspective on the image, as you would in a flight sim.

Zuletzt von davidrogers am Di 15 März - 10:13 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeMo 14 März - 22:53

davidrogers schrieb:
Ystad - Malmo Update:

- Road and junction intersections laid. (LOT'S of tiles!!).
- Traffic lights installed (don't worry, very few out on the highways).
- 30, 50 and 80km/h zones and signs set up.
- 'Info' signs showing the route etc set up.
- Some early traffic rules (ie... no cars in bus areas etc) built.

This map is going to blow Dannenburg out of the window! It's amazing how much you learn from your first map that you can implement in a better way in your second map.

Basic timetable will be that a one way leg will take 45 minutes of driving time, with a 5 minutes layover half way (at Skurup), and a ten minute layover at the terminus. Therefore 1 hour per leg each way, 2 hours per rotation on the tour. Cool

Cheers,
David.

My my, David has gone forward with OMSI, looking forward to seeing these works! I think once Marcel and Rudiger develop an articulated vehicle, we'll see what that brings king
Nach oben Nach unten
Neven

Neven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 100

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 3:10

Looking forward to the release very much. Keep up the awesome work David. Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

Anzahl der Beiträge : 248

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 3:30

I love your D scenery and I certainly cannot wait for this, some long stretches.. awesome !
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express   My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

My next map: Line 100 Ystad - Malmo Express
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter