ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Tunnels and other terrain questions

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

Tunnels and other terrain questions Empty
BeitragThema: Tunnels and other terrain questions   Tunnels and other terrain questions Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 9:03

Hi!
Last days I was wondering about a question which I think I hasn't been proposed yet.

When you are editing your map and you raise up mountains...is there a chance to make a hole to put in a tunnel? I mean...if any of you know MSTS Route Editor, you have a tool in there you can erase terrain with, making holes for making tunnels there, so I ask if there is any kind of tool who allows you to do the same.

And another question about terrain: Is there any tool who permits you to align terrain to roads (or any other thing, spline or object)? Because sometimes you first elevate your road and then you adapt your terrain to it, but with raising tool it isn't easy.

Thanks in advance!
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Tunnels and other terrain questions   Tunnels and other terrain questions Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 10:13

Sorry, but we had some problems implementing this feature. And since we didn't need it, we didn't implement it yet! Wink But perhaps later!
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

BeitragThema: Re: Tunnels and other terrain questions   Tunnels and other terrain questions Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 11:03

Mmm...some bad news here...In my country there are a lot of tunnels under mountains, and the map I want to do, if it goes well, has to have some...but well, let's hope they will be implemented any time in future...thanks Marcel for your quick answer!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
nev_vern

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

BeitragThema: Re: Tunnels and other terrain questions   Tunnels and other terrain questions Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 2:21

aarongilp schrieb:
Mmm...some bad news here...In my country there are a lot of tunnels under mountains, and the map I want to do, if it goes well, has to have some...but well, let's hope they will be implemented any time in future...thanks Marcel for your quick answer!!!

Is it not possible to do a 3D model of a mountain with a road through it in Blender? That should work. If I interpreted Marcel correctly he had a problem including this feature in the Editor due to some difficulties. I do not see why you can not make a custom section of road which is encased within a mountain. It may be quite a bit more work modeling wise, but it also opens up the possibility of a more accurate looking piece of rock similar to the 10 (or so) meter accuracy of som microsoft flight sim terrain mesh addons.
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

BeitragThema: Re: Tunnels and other terrain questions   Tunnels and other terrain questions Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 7:56

I think it's possible, yes, but results won't be as good as they'd be if they were OMSI generated mountains. And I had understood that if this is not implemented is because of troubles while programming, so my complain was just for saying something.

And answering you, for people whose Blender modelling skills are not enough for making something decent, thinking about modelling a mountain is quite...exhausting (this is not the exact word, but you understand me). So, for us, having a tool which allows you to make a tunnel through a mountain is better than having to model a mountain and the tunnel behind that. But doesn't matter, another challenge to beat!
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: Tunnels and other terrain questions   Tunnels and other terrain questions Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 10:18

I tried to add an object with an interior region (with the same behavior of a tunnel), but I always get a cube bounding box around it. I tried to modify Blender's bouding box or even in the .sco file, but I couldn't find a solution.
So I think the tunnel parts would need to be separate, at least for a while.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Tunnels and other terrain questions   Tunnels and other terrain questions Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Tunnels and other terrain questions
Seite 1 von 1