ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum

Nach unten 
+19
tanzboy
kd
Lolsmurf
Tarc
rzr09
valir
pav1
Irreo
Kernel
hellamatrix
cmcn121
benkda01
Amy Rose
andybadb
Tiedemann
krtz07
Rüdiger Hülsmann
JunGRail
23 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 8:55

@up

Not really, performance between XP and Vista or 7 isn't big so much, well saying true, i had better performance on Windows 7 x64 than XP...
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 9:18

About the topic:
Yeah, the Am Bogen bug (or whatever it's spelled) it's annyoing. What I do now is stop at the ending of the curb, so the passengers will get off the bus and stand behind it. Anyway they do a real strange thing there if you try the exterior view. They don't actually walk off and cross the street. They start spawning at the middle of the street. Looks like some kind of teletransportation scratch

Amy Rose schrieb:

The red needle was somewhat out of site, and the reardoors start closed.

Gas and brake shouldn't be buttons. If this is the case, then I think that 1) Your wheel doesn't have sensitivity on any game (both PC or PS2), or else 2) Your wheel needs some kind of extra drivers to allow the PC to detect the axis.

Are you sure than in your PS2 games the accelerator actually behaves different depending on how much you press it? Or are just "foot buttons" for playing Need for Speed?

Unless this game (and Windows) detects those pedals as axis, forget about using that controller in this game. I have Logitech MOMO and in my first launch when I went to the game controller configuration and pressed the gas pedal, an axis went from 100% to 0%, so I simply had to invert it. And of course while you press it you see the % increasing. That's what you should see in that configuration screen with your pedals.

Anyway, if you like playing driving games and simulators, why don't you get a decent wheel? I would recomend getting at least the MOMO one, but if you can afford it I would go for the G27... (that's my next purchase in a few months).
Nach oben Nach unten
pav1

pav1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 32

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 10:19

Whats the release date of the patch?
Nach oben Nach unten
valir

Anzahl der Beiträge : 21

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 10:24

It is written on Tuesday.
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 12:34

Irreo schrieb:
About the topic:
Yeah, the Am Bogen bug (or whatever it's spelled) it's annyoing. What I do now is stop at the ending of the curb, so the passengers will get off the bus and stand behind it. Anyway they do a real strange thing there if you try the exterior view. They don't actually walk off and cross the street. They start spawning at the middle of the street. Looks like some kind of teletransportation scratch

Yeah that has happened, quite worrying really! What i may do is miss it out altogether on the northbound journey, southbound journey is fine, its just weird. It's almost like you can feel the end of the route coming! Strange things happen!.

Also the car that appears and disappears on the approach to Freudstrasse / Goldkaferweg that luckily the bus is empty so you can slam on the brakes to avoid collision. Other than that i love Freudstr, just taking a big bus down the back streets is fantastic.
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 12:40

Amy Rose schrieb:
benkda01 schrieb:
So the pedals are buttons?
Yes. But to stop going off topic, can we discuss this over here?
ermm are you a mod? no so don't tell a mod to stop going of topic lmao
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 13:51

I have a controller too where the pedals are seen by Windows as 'buttons' not Axis, and I know what Amy Rose means as I've seen this too. Currently, even if you select 'continuous' the gas and brake on the bus only move a tiny fraction when you press the pedals.

So this update will fix that.

I since bought a wheel with pedals, where the pedals are axis, so I have proper graduated control now, but this update will be good for people with 'gamepad' type controls.

Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 14:50

Irreo schrieb:
About the topic:

Amy Rose schrieb:

The red needle was somewhat out of site, and the reardoors start closed.

Gas and brake shouldn't be buttons. If this is the case, then I think that 1) Your wheel doesn't have sensitivity on any game (both PC or PS2), or else 2) Your wheel needs some kind of extra drivers to allow the PC to detect the axis.

Are you sure than in your PS2 games the accelerator actually behaves different depending on how much you press it? Or are just "foot buttons" for playing Need for Speed?

Unless this game (and Windows) detects those pedals as axis, forget about using that controller in this game. I have Logitech MOMO and in my first launch when I went to the game controller configuration and pressed the gas pedal, an axis went from 100% to 0%, so I simply had to invert it. And of course while you press it you see the % increasing. That's what you should see in that configuration screen with your pedals.

Anyway, if you like playing driving games and simulators, why don't you get a decent wheel? I would recomend getting at least the MOMO one, but if you can afford it I would go for the G27... (that's my next purchase in a few months).
I was able to play CBS properly with smooth acceleration, and driving simulators with smooth acceleration, and I don't have a ps2, also, I can't afford a MOMO obviously, if I could, I wouldnt of bought this generic wheel Evil or Very Mad

rzr09 schrieb:
Amy Rose schrieb:
benkda01 schrieb:
So the pedals are buttons?
Yes. But to stop going off topic, can we discuss this over here?
ermm are you a mod? no so don't tell a mod to stop going of topic lmao
I was the one who hijacked this thread, and I am the one that attempts to curb it since its OMSI 1.01 and not "How come the pedals don't work?"
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 17:17

Another gripe is the roundabout near Moritzor, jesus, it seems the trucks cannot wait until you've passed them before driving into you! Is there no right of way?
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 94

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 20:23

thanks for the self centering steerin for us keyboard users who are to poor to buy a decent steering wheel at the moment!
Its wierd having to straighten up using another key when you could just let go and the bus should straighten up itself Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 74

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 2:05

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:

Uh, in this case, I think most of us should uninstall Wink

Uh, I'm not so sure it's a funny thing, it is very annoying. I bought the game because I wanted to support you guys for your work and the great sim, if there was ONE game on earth I'd have supported from the bottom of my heart in my life, it would have been this game. So I did, and a lot of other people.
When I read the code optimization I was happy, thinking you spent more time on optimizing AI or whatever is causing such a game to run 20 fps on a 2011 full pc, with white textureless objects loading for seconds.

I'm looking forward to a 1.02 update with huge FPS optimizations. After all 30 euros is not THAT cheap. But I'm glad I bought it nevertheless! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://tarcdnb.deviantart.com/
Lolsmurf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 20:52

true, it is some kind of shame they have a low gfx low budget game that can't be ran by medium or high end pc's.

I have a pc of 1000 euro's with 4 Gb ram and a hexacore and even I get FPS drops, whilst I can play Crysis 2 at max settings without 1 Framedrop...

I don't believe they can fix this in a patch so it is something we have to live with.

Unbelievable to me, I even wonder what pc's they used for making this game (connecting 5 NASA supercomputers next to each other to rened the game in full detail and full traffic and scenery ?)

Something that bothers me too, is that the game loads totally in 1 piece. Thats why you start with very low FPS and after the whole city is loaded you can play. If it was devided into smaller pieces or whatever with barrieres, it wouldn't consume that much I think...
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 21:13

Well, the thing is that OMSI is the result of four years' two-man development which started as a mere hobby project. Furthermore, everything in OMSI is written from scratch, we didn't use any external engine (apart from ODE). So you can't really compare OMSI to an "industrial" game made and optimized by hundreds of professionals.

Some crucial decisions have been made back then, like the lack of multicore use, for none of us had a multicore CPU to test it on (and back in 2007, multicore CPUs were still rare). Changing these very basics of the engine would mean a near complete re-coding of the engine which could take years.

I'm using an AMD 965@3.4 Ghz with ATI 5770 and 8 GB ram on Win7 64bit (from 2009) and I'm getting 20-30 fps on the Spandau map with the 2009 setting.

The complete loading process is a compromise: We've tested loading and unloading objects on every tile change but this lead to fairly long pauses and a lot of stutter every 300m. So we abandoned this option.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 21:29

Well, the thing is that OMSI is the result of four years' two-man development which started as a mere hobby project.
I completely realized that and respect for what you have achieved (one of the most detailed simulator ever made)

Furthermore, everything in OMSI is written from scratch, we didn't use any external engine (apart from ODE). So you can't really compare OMSI to an "industrial" game made and optimized by hundreds of professionals.
That's also true and I wouldn't compare it to an industrial game, except, its price compares it to those titles. (which I don't mind as I did buy it and am not disappointed (very happy actually).

Changing these very basics of the engine would mean a near complete re-coding of the engine which could take years.
Absolutely understandable, I see not the faintest chance of that happening for I was aware of the tremendous work it would mean. For a few more fps at best..

I'm using an AMD 965@3.4 Ghz with ATI 5770 and 8 GB ram on Win7 64bit (from 2009) and I'm getting 20-30 fps on the Spandau map with the 2009 setting.
Interesting, this afternoon I was experimenting with the gfx settings, and came to realize the higher I set most options, the smoothest it runs (contrary to common sense). I guess on-the-run loading is very consuming (when things are set to low).
I managed to get a steady 35 fps on the Spandau map (with rare occasional glitches only) by setting the mem use to 1000 MB and tiles NOT on 1 but not as high as 5 either. 3 works as a charm. I was REALLY glad to see all the personalizable options you put there! I guess every PC needs different settings, I just happened to find it, others may not get lucky.
By the way, after that I changed the mem to 900 then 1200 (from 1000) and both made it a lot worse. God knows what exact combination of all the options and choices yields the best results, maybe one could never find it - we're talking about thousands of combinations altogether. But it's nice to be able to change everything yourself, rather then getting a premade settings list with only a few general changable things (like resolution, etc)... Nice work!
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

Anzahl der Beiträge : 121

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 11:54

Should this be out today? (Marcel promised it for yesterday, but i guess since Aerosoft had some kind of a holiday yesterday, it should be out today, just as they wrote it on their site)
Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 12:06

Well, the thing is that OMSI is the result of four years' two-man development which started as a mere hobby project. Furthermore, everything in OMSI is written from scratch, we didn't use any external engine (apart from ODE). So you can't really compare OMSI to an "industrial" game made and optimized by hundreds of professionals.

Some crucial decisions have been made back then, like the lack of multicore use, for none of us had a multicore CPU to test it on (and back in 2007, multicore CPUs were still rare). Changing these very basics of the engine would mean a near complete re-coding of the engine which could take years.

The complete loading process is a compromise: We've tested loading and unloading objects on every tile change but this lead to fairly long pauses and a lot of stutter every 300m. So we abandoned this option.

ur using a phenom x4 965 3.4 black edition like me?? ive got a hd5570 and get 19-30 fps, if i changed my GPU i wonder if i could get More fps
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 12:06

Nach oben Nach unten
rzr09

rzr09

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 12:07

Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 12:32

kd schrieb:
Oh, it is up.
http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/omsi/AS_OMSI_UPD_V101.exe

Where did you find this link? I checked the Aerosoft website and can't for my life navigate to that patch (I want to see the downloads section for OMSI to bookmark it).
as cutting the link to http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/omsi/ gives a forbidden error as well
Nach oben Nach unten
Lolsmurf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 12:43

I totally agree and perhaps I didn't chose my words well, but no offense. For a small group of people you guys made a game with even lesser graphics but the core is that this game is more fun, realistic an better than any other racing, car,truck,boat or other simulation like game.

It is clearly you guys have paid a lot of attention to the realism in the game, which we all like.

But to come bakc on your point, you have a pc with 8 Gb RAM, I have 4 Gb.

I dont know anyone , exept for 1 photographer who has a pc with 12 Gb ram.

So perhaps you guys missed a point there, that most applications and pc's dont use more than 3 Gb Raù (even 4 Gb is a little bit of a waste since games uses max 2 Gb but anyway).
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 14:19

Important notice concerning the update: PLEASE make a backup of your custom content before installing the update!
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 15:19

Tarc schrieb:
kd schrieb:
Oh, it is up.

Where did you find this link? I checked the Aerosoft website and can't for my life navigate to that patch (I want to see the downloads section for OMSI to bookmark it).
as cutting the link to http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/omsi/ gives a forbidden error as well

Found it in the german section of this forum (where apparently everything is happening Crying or Very sad ).

I made a list of the custom content, please tell if i missed something:
Under OMSI dir:
options.cfg
\Drivers\
\Situations\
\Weather\ (if you saved any presets)
\Inputs\

and ofc. Maps, Vehicles etc., if you added any mods. But those can be installed again on a fresh copy of the game without any loss of data.
Nach oben Nach unten
tanzboy

tanzboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 26

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 15:26

rzr09 schrieb:
kd schrieb:
Oh, it is up.

cheers

cheers cheers cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
FR1GTS

FR1GTS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 116

BeitragThema: No passengers   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 17:03

I have updated my version,but no passengers at stations..

I have turned on max number and put 200% on "passengers at stations"(or something similar).

This dont work on all map including spandau.

PS: I am folowing timetable.
Nach oben Nach unten
hellamatrix

hellamatrix

Anzahl der Beiträge : 30

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 17:19

My updated version is working normally and in fact, I seem to have more passengers than usual.

Do you have any custom content that have to do with passengers?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum   OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

OMSI 1.01 - On Aerosoft forum
Seite 2 von 3Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter