ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

How to set textures when converting?

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

How to set textures when converting? Empty
BeitragThema: How to set textures when converting?   How to set textures when converting? Icon_minitimeFr 26 Aug - 19:40

Hi!
A friend of mine has been doing some tests with 3ds max (in order to be able to convert its own models designed to Microsoft Train Simulator) and converting and placing in map is OK without textures, but when he applies a texture (it is a simple red cube), the object turns to be invisible, so how should we do the conversion to avoid this?

Thanks!
Nach oben Nach unten
Jeremias

Jeremias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 29

BeitragThema: Re: How to set textures when converting?   How to set textures when converting? Icon_minitimeMo 29 Aug - 14:12

Use blender or Deep Exploration for export to X format.
Directly from 3dmax don't work
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: How to set textures when converting?   How to set textures when converting? Icon_minitimeMi 14 Sep - 13:35

Hi!
After these days, my friend and I have tried to make a successful exportation but there is no way to do it. He imports its 3ds model into Blender and then, without touching anything, he exports to .x using a plugin found on the net. Then, o3d is created and no problems are found when importing it in OMSI, but...there are no textures on it. My friend says that there are no textures in blender, although he imports the model in blender with "import textures" (or something like that) activated. So...any idea??

Greetings,
Aaron
Nach oben Nach unten
CityBus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 122

BeitragThema: Re: How to set textures when converting?   How to set textures when converting? Icon_minitimeMi 14 Sep - 14:34

If you go to the Image Properties in Blender you will see the path (second line) where the program is looking for the textures. In my case the path was wrong and I`ve tried everything to change the actual path but it was still pointing to the wrong one. So I had to move all the textures to the path in which Blender was looking for them.

Maybe it is an idea to import your model in Zmodeler because Blender is very hard to understand. There is a program for converting to the correct X format: https://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t5521-3-6-fixzmx-v130
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: How to set textures when converting?   How to set textures when converting? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

How to set textures when converting?
Seite 1 von 1