ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Question about real bus wheel and autocenter

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

Question about real bus wheel and autocenter Empty
BeitragThema: Question about real bus wheel and autocenter   Question about real bus wheel and autocenter Icon_minitimeSa 23 Jul - 9:08

Hi there,

This question is for those of you who drive a bus for real, specially those who drove older buses similar to the ones availables in this game.

Do these buses have wheel autocentering similar to the one we got on cars today? Or did you have to turn it back with your hand? Was the steering really soft or was it hard as with no powersteering?

Here is the thing: I just acquired a G27, and discovered something: If I activate the "autocenter" option at driver level (logitech profiler), then the wheel autocenters but does it even with the bus stoped, and also the steering is hard. BUT if I disable that option, the game seems to run more realistically, but with extremelly soft steering. It offers resistance being stoped, and at some points while moving, but you can just turn the wheel with one hand easily.

Also, the wheel doesn't autocenter, but in certain moments (like when taking the big roundabout), it does... I mean, when doing the 180º turn at U Althast Spandau, it doesn't autocenter, but in the roundabout and in a couple other situations, it did return slowly to his place as I drove forward.

Is that, more or less, the behaviour of a real bus?

Thanks for your time.
Nach oben Nach unten
DariusB

Anzahl der Beiträge : 46

BeitragThema: Re: Question about real bus wheel and autocenter   Question about real bus wheel and autocenter Icon_minitimeSo 24 Jul - 18:55

I drove some buses from the 90s. They had powersteering and the steering is really easy, even easier as on my car (its from 99 with powersteering as well). But of course it doesn't autocenter automatically, only a little bit from the driving forces, like you get it on cars as well.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: Question about real bus wheel and autocenter   Question about real bus wheel and autocenter Icon_minitimeSo 24 Jul - 22:13

Irreo schrieb:
Hi there,

This question is for those of you who drive a bus for real, specially those who drove older buses similar to the ones availables in this game.

Do these buses have wheel autocentering similar to the one we got on cars today? Or did you have to turn it back with your hand? Was the steering really soft or was it hard as with no powersteering?

Here is the thing: I just acquired a G27, and discovered something: If I activate the "autocenter" option at driver level (logitech profiler), then the wheel autocenters but does it even with the bus stoped, and also the steering is hard. BUT if I disable that option, the game seems to run more realistically, but with extremelly soft steering. It offers resistance being stoped, and at some points while moving, but you can just turn the wheel with one hand easily.

Also, the wheel doesn't autocenter, but in certain moments (like when taking the big roundabout), it does... I mean, when doing the 180º turn at U Althast Spandau, it doesn't autocenter, but in the roundabout and in a couple other situations, it did return slowly to his place as I drove forward.

Is that, more or less, the behaviour of a real bus?

Thanks for your time.
Hello, I also have the G27. Don't set it to autocenter, it makes the game unrealistic. Turn the setting off and turn the setting on that allows the game to control the options! Then the bus will be hard to steer when stopped, and easy at light speed and then it can turn a small bit easily at high speed! It's feels quite realistic, especially with OMSI!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Question about real bus wheel and autocenter   Question about real bus wheel and autocenter Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Question about real bus wheel and autocenter
Seite 1 von 1