ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Pedro

Pedro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 68

Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Empty
BeitragThema: Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter   Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 22:43

Hello everyone.
Like the title says, I'm getting an error while trying to convert a mesh from .X to .o3d, using the converter. I tried two different ways of exporting the original mesh to .x, and I get two different errors from the converter. So I'm also confused as if it's a problem with the converter itself or the .x exporters?

Here are two pics, with a short explination:

This was my first attempt. I used the AC3D .x exporter, and ran it on the .x to .o3d converter. The error doesn't really say much, unfortunatley:

Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Ohnoes2

This was my second attempt. I exported the mesh from AC3D with a .obj extention, imported it into Blender, and then used the Blender .x exporter. I then ran the .x to .o3d converter and got this error. This time, it took a lot longer before the program crashed, and it looks like the error message is a bit more useful. So I'm guessing there must be something wrong the the AC3D .x exporter. Nevertheless, it still crashed:

Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Ohnoes

If anyone has any idea on what may be causing this, please feel free to post. Smile
Best Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter   Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 23:27

There can be a problem with the x format. There are many possibilities creating a x file and our converter was desigend for blender exported x files!
Nach oben Nach unten
Pedro

Pedro

BeitragThema: Re: Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter   Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 23:30

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
There can be a problem with the x format. There are many possibilities creating a x file and our converter was desigend for blender exported x files!

Any idea on what options would be necessary? The Blender .x exporter doesn't really offer many, but maybe I'm not choosing the right ones. Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter   Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 23:33

Ah - you did use blender? I though you did not...

If you use blender and the o3d converter still have problems - perhaps your mesh is too large? How many polygons do you have in your mesh? Did you test also a very simple mesh?
Nach oben Nach unten
Pedro

Pedro

BeitragThema: Re: Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter   Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 23:40

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Ah - you did use blender? I though you did not...

If you use blender and the o3d converter still have problems - perhaps your mesh is too large? How many polygons do you have in your mesh? Did you test also a very simple mesh?

Yes, I tried creating the .x file with Blender and AC3D. The AC3D exporter is a lot more complex than Blender's, so my guess is that I chose something wrong. I'll keep experimenting and see if I can only convert .x files exported with Blender.

And thank you. My mesh was originally 22.000 polies with wheels (yes, I know you're not supposed to export the wheels with the main mesh, it was just a test Very Happy ), but after cutting it down to 6000 polies it worked perfectly.

Thank you very much for your speedy awnser Marcel! Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter   Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Problem with OMSI X to O3D converter
Seite 1 von 1