ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work?

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Lockheart

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

[SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work? Empty
BeitragThema: [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work?   [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work? Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 1:54

Okay, I've read through the unoffical English SDK on this, but I was wondering if the community had found a little more info on how the bus stops(the red cube one) works.

I know that the max and min labels determine how many people are at the stops but how does the exiting passengers one work exactly? Unless I'm mistaken, I'm sure I've seen some of the bus stops on the Spandau map list like -1 or something for this label, how does this effect the amount of people leaving the bus?

Basically what I'm trying to get at is I want to know how to make some stops only sometimes have passengers exit but not always(to change things up) or maybe more then X number of people leave.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work?   [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work? Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 13:11

In my opinion, you shoud leave "Exiting Passengers" field empty.
Game will radomly set this value every time when you arrive.

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work?   [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work? Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 16:20

So you have min and max for entering passengers: FIRST, OMSI calculates a random value between min and max and THEN multiplies it with the global time factor (you will find the timeline in the global.cfg, but unfortunately it is undocumentated yet) and with the factor if there will come a scheduled bus in the next time - e.g.: If there comes only a bus at 11 am, at 14 pm you won't see any passengers (because of multiplying with zero). But if you are watching at 11:58, you will see passengers, because the last factor is then 1.0.

The exiting passengers field is more like a loading: If you will leave it empty, the "max" value will be copied. If you type in "1" everywhere, the passengers will leave the bus on all busstops equally, if you increase it to "2", the passengers will leave the bus at this bus stop with double propability!

And there is an additional factor, the distance factor which will be calculated internally: E.g. bus stop "Freudstr./Falkenseer Chaussee" in Direction "Freudstr./Goldkäferweg" will generate nearly no passengers, even if you increase the "max" value, because the only usable bus stop is very near. So the passengers don't "want" to drive very short distances - they also can walk! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

BeitragThema: Re: [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work?   [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work? Icon_minitimeSa 16 Apr - 16:49

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
So you have min and max for entering passengers: FIRST, OMSI calculates a random value between min and max and THEN multiplies it with the global time factor (you will find the timeline in the global.cfg, but unfortunately it is undocumentated yet) and with the factor if there will come a scheduled bus in the next time - e.g.: If there comes only a bus at 11 am, at 14 pm you won't see any passengers (because of multiplying with zero). But if you are watching at 11:58, you will see passengers, because the last factor is then 1.0.

Ahh, that clear so much up. Thank you for that info!

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
The exiting passengers field is more like a loading: If you will leave it empty, the "max" value will be copied. If you type in "1" everywhere, the passengers will leave the bus on all busstops equally, if you increase it to "2", the passengers will leave the bus at this bus stop with double propability!

So basically the exiting passengers field isn't the number of people that will leave, but the likely hood of a certain number amount leaving? Very interesting

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
And there is an additional factor, the distance factor which will be calculated internally: E.g. bus stop "Freudstr./Falkenseer Chaussee" in Direction "Freudstr./Goldkäferweg" will generate nearly no passengers, even if you increase the "max" value, because the only usable bus stop is very near. So the passengers don't "want" to drive very short distances - they also can walk! Wink

That I wasn't aware of, I have a few stops that are rather close to terminals and they still have passengers, perhaps its just outside of the range the game requires?

Thank you both for your info, this will really change how I set up my stops for the better!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work?   [SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[SOLVED] How does the Bus Stop work?
Seite 1 von 1