ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!

Nach unten 
+7
RascarDK
tomtoon
Marpe
flippy1008
JayKae
kd
11 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2
AutorNachricht
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 15:16

poweredbycng schrieb:
I must say, another great map that has different driving conditions compared to practically everything else out there.

The times definitely need to be tightened. There should be 10min MAX layover at each end and with maybe a half-way timing point added. Each stop should be 'touch and go'.

The thing is people is in the UK, especially, buses hang around in bus stations far too long in my personal opinion, although 5 minutes is not very long, 10 minutes is forever. Also with comparison to the 92 the section between Seekstr and Pawesinger Weg (Sorry for spelling it wrong) is very quick compared to the section on the approach to Freudstr. I find myself hanging around at bus stops, which is true to real life so kudos there.

Some sections are quicker than others if its not as busy as some roads for example the road i mentioned which is quicker. It's a really lonely street compared to U Rathaus Spandau and Frankessene strasse (after Hoher Stienweg)

Hope that helps! Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 20:23

another bug on the way from ystad to malmo, the stop ystad gata... just before the traffic lights on the straight before the stop....

another mystery object, that wasnt there when I did the ystad to sturup route though..

Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Proble11

hope davidrogers will fix this Smile

it knocks out the electronics, couldnt get them to restart, doors wouldnt open either..
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 März - 20:27

nope thats the same thing. notice the corner left of that image is the corner of the library. it is nothing to do with David since the generic object has this issue, with an invisible field.

As stated many times, you can combat this my moving the X and Y object coordinates in the editor. If not, wait for David to fix it cos I cannot republish his product without his consent, unfortuntely lol!

Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 16:45

Hi,

So, I'm hearing:-

- The timetable is way out and ruining the fun.

- There are a couple of placed library objects that are causing 'invisible' collisions.

- Very few other positive comments about the map.

Marpe schrieb:
I don't know.. It's very hard to hold the timetable, you easily go to fast. I had to wait 10 minutes at Buring or something, and it's basicly just road road road if you are not in a city.. hope to see some more landscape improvements, otherwise good job! Very Happy

That comment isn't high on constructive feedback. Marpe, I'd suggest my maps aren't for you. No

Ok, so the good news is I will completely rework the timetable to avoid the issues detailed, and I will attempt to fix the issues with the collisions into library objects. I'll release a V2 of Ystad with these 2 improvements. The bad news is I won't be investing further efforts into further improvements of this map. That's not an emotional of 'huffy' decision (even if it sounds like it is), it is a simple cold decision that if a map is not receiving positive comments from the community, I'm not going to invest further time in it. I have other exciting projects such as a M37 modern day Spandau route, that extends to the Hospital instead of Freudstrasse. Laughing

David.

Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 17:04

davidrogers schrieb:
Hi,

So, I'm hearing:-

- The timetable is way out and ruining the fun.

- There are a couple of placed library objects that are causing 'invisible' collisions.

- Very few other positive comments about the map.

Marpe schrieb:
I don't know.. It's very hard to hold the timetable, you easily go to fast. I had to wait 10 minutes at Buring or something, and it's basicly just road road road if you are not in a city.. hope to see some more landscape improvements, otherwise good job! Very Happy

That comment isn't high on constructive feedback. Marpe, I'd suggest my maps aren't for you. No

Ok, so the good news is I will completely rework the timetable to avoid the issues detailed, and I will attempt to fix the issues with the collisions into library objects. I'll release a V2 of Ystad with these 2 improvements. The bad news is I won't be investing further efforts into further improvements of this map. That's not an emotional of 'huffy' decision (even if it sounds like it is), it is a simple cold decision that if a map is not receiving positive comments from the community, I'm not going to invest further time in it. I have other exciting projects such as a M37 modern day Spandau route, that extends to the Hospital instead of Freudstrasse. Laughing

David.

I do believe I said how much I love it? Even the times...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 17:25

You did indeed, and I saw your support on the other thread too.... Cheers! Cool

That's all we ask really.... those crazy people here who work til 4am on these maps and mods for others to enjoy for free ..... just some thanks and acknowledgement for our efforts. Of course there are bugs and problems; it's a very large map by user-created map standards and as you may have seen from the Line 172 map, the longer the route, the more difficult it is to get the timetabling, AI, Traffic, etc right.

I have no issue with anyone pointing out problems, but I would expect some common courtesy in the form of people pointing out what they DO like about the work too ........ for example, the urban area in Malmo, took hours to build up. In reality Malmo is quite a large city and even though this map only covers a very small 'corner of the city' in the South, where this Bus Station is, I still wanted to give the feeling that you're driving your bus into a large city.

Comments like "between the towns it's just a road"..... are laughable. What do you want? ...some ramps and an off-road course for your 6 tonne bus ?? Rolling Eyes

Nobody is forced to do anything with this map - if you don't like it, I'll give you a full refund of the cost paid. Laughing My maps won't be for everyone. I'll always make maps for OMSI because it's great fun. But perhaps some are more specific to what I wanted to see, and maybe it's not the best thing for me to share them if they're not of general interest.

Anyhoo, I will be putting a new timetable in there this evening and look forward to you seeing what you think of it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

David.
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 17:33

davidrogers schrieb:
...some ramps and an off-road course for your 6 tonne bus ?? Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

David.

Now that you mention it..... Twisted Evil
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 17:35

Don't know if you saw it but I put a new thread up, entitled 'To all those who make addons'... as a thank you... but even that didn't get very many 'well wishers'

But your work is being appreciated David. even if it's by the few...

p.s. If you are ever in Warwickshire I would PAY YOU to teach me how to make maps!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 17:37

flippy1008 schrieb:
Must agree. After moving the library back in the editor (cos it kept throughing me around the map...maybe its just my library but i dunno!) i noticed to get from town to town on timetable takes 4 minutes and can actually only take 2 minutes. Compared to the previous Dannenburg map, there is too much waiting on this map lol

And Skurup is not the layover its on the one before it. It doesnt take 13 minutes to get to Sackstr or whatever it is! Then it is 2 minutes to Skurup and 13 minutes to the next one.. Im still playing but i guess Skurup is not the layover!

But then why do we need it I have to wait 6 minutes at the Borrindge one and block traffic? May i ask what Im doing wrong cos Im trying maintain speed. Or is it just the nature of express routes have long breaks at each town?

Hopefully V2 as mentioned above will help these changes. The AI appear to produce more than once an hour in terms of 100 frequency? Maybe just make it half hour alternations or something. Its a great map bogged down with long layovers!

The distances between towns/stations are not equal so it's not practical to claim there's a set time like 4 or 2 minutes. The distance between Sandakra and Skurup is around 30 seconds for example (those areas conjoin), but te distance between Svedala and Malmo is much more.

Doesn't seem you liked anything about the map Flippy from your post above? Sad I totally hear you that the timetable is shot.

D.

Zuletzt von davidrogers am Mo 21 März - 21:26 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 17:42

1812 schrieb:
Don't know if you saw it but I put a new thread up, entitled 'To all those who make addons'... as a thank you... but even that didn't get very many 'well wishers'

But your work is being appreciated David. even if it's by the few...

p.s. If you are ever in Warwickshire I would PAY YOU to teach me how to make maps!!

That was a really good gesture of you, and I'm sure those people who are battling with the Editor to make maps appreciate it. Sometimes fighting with the Editor is so hard that by the end of the night I feel like I was born in '1812' Laughing Laughing

I drive through Warwickshire a lot. But we'd need a clear fortnight to cover that dastardly Editor. Actually, I'm just jesting, it's amazing that we have an Editor... after all it's a lot better than the one we got with CBS 2010 .... [none].

Cool
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 17:44

I am a quick learner David, I make websites, SEO etc.. so think I would take to it quick... I attempted to change one a coupld of days ago, got a bit of it...but not enough to get my head round it totally!
Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 17:58

Hope you enjoyed your weekend at Butlins David.

Thanks very much for this map, I only got around to trying it yesterday and have not driven the full length yet, I hit the oversized bounding box at the library, went into the editor and deleted the library and then must have come upon another library because the same thing happened somewhere else, this is not you fault, M or R need to correct the library object.

It is nice to have this type of route as it makes a change from always being in a town/city, in real life timetables do have make up time bult in just incase you get caught in traffic jams etc so it is nice to have a few minutes to spare here and there.

Would'nt it be nice if there was an option to have random roadworks pop up, that would slow you down a bit.

Once again thanks for all your hard work David, look forward to your next project.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 19:51

VERSION 3.0 RELEASED!

[Post edited to replace V2.0 details with V3.0 details].

Version 3.0 has been released at 21:09z on Mon 21st March 2011.

Changes:-

- The Line 100 timetable still wasn't right as services were arriving at Sandakra still too early, and then later parts of the timetable were too tight. Brand new VERSION 3.0 timetable with much better spacing between stops.

- Line 200 has been withdrawn for now as it was not adding enough to the simulation. Line 100 now takes 23 minutes one way which is a decent mid-length route.

- Info markers added for all bus stops on the route now.

DOWNLOAD LINK:-

http://up.k10x.net/fkuifjtalecor/Ystad_V3.exe

David.

Zuletzt von davidrogers am Mo 21 März - 21:27 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

Anzahl der Beiträge : 121

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 20:34

david: please note that the site i linked for you is just a temporary solution, things will disappear after 60 days.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 21:17

kd schrieb:
david: please note that the site i linked for you is just a temporary solution, things will disappear after 60 days.

Cheers thanks, yes all of my maps will be going onto the FTP that Jay has provided - just using the one you provided for the moment as it's so quick to get things up. Laughing

Ta,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 21 März - 21:19

VERSION 3.0 RELEASED!

Version 3.0 has been released at 21:09z on Mon 21st March 2011.

Changes:-

- The Line 100 timetable still wasn't right as services were arriving at Sandakra still too early, and then later parts of the timetable were too tight. Brand new VERSION 3.0 timetable with much better spacing between stops.

- Line 200 has been withdrawn for now as it was not adding enough to the simulation. Line 100 now takes 23 minutes one way which is a decent mid-length route.

- Info markers added for all bus stops on the route now.

I've test driven this new timetable and you'll tend to find that it'll be a bit tight between Ystad and Skurup but you should only be a couple a minutes behind if at all. Then you can make this time up on the run out to Borringe. On 3 different test runs I rolled into Malmo right on the minute! So that's close enough for me! Very Happy

DOWNLOAD LINK:-

http://up.k10x.net/fkuifjtalecor/Ystad_V3.exe

David.

MODERATOR - Can I please request that this whole thread be deleted as it is now heavily duplicated with the thread for this map in the "Add-on Map" section ? That thread will always have the latest version d/l link on the first post, so easier to use than this thread.

Thanks.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!   Lines 100 Ystad Express  [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!! - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Lines 100 Ystad Express [VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED] - Yes, Three!!
Seite 2 von 2Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2