ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Before starting a new map... couple questions.

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

Before starting a new map... couple questions. Empty
BeitragThema: Before starting a new map... couple questions.   Before starting a new map... couple questions. Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 16:34

I was thinking on trying to create a map based on a local bus line we've got around, but before doing it, I would like to ask:

1- Do I need externals programs and knowledge, like 3D modeling, or can I create almost everything with the editor?

2- I will need to create some special intersections that don't exist in this game. Is there any way of "drawing" the road here, placing the lanes and path for cars? Or do those intersections need to be modeled in 3D externally?

3- Does the terrain elevation tool offer enough flexibility to create almost anything? My map includes a road with curves next to a mountain, and I plan on making it look as real as possible.

Oh, and I assume that if I break something and forgot the backup, I can always uninstall and reinstall without losing any activations.

Depending on the "yes" or "no" for each question, I will try it, or just forget about it.

Thanks in advance.
Nach oben Nach unten
kd

kd

Anzahl der Beiträge : 121

BeitragThema: Re: Before starting a new map... couple questions.   Before starting a new map... couple questions. Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 20:20

1 - if the original Spandau objects are enough for you, then no, you don't need. Also there are some new objects coming out already, i predict the number of these things will rise soon.
2 - no, you will probably need blender for this.
3 - you should create the roads first (it is pretty flexible, but be careful, the buses in the game are not so powerful on steeper (> 20 degrees) hills), then the terrain beneath it. The terrain matching to the roads is tedious thing, but can be done without real problems. One thing you can't make is tunnels or any kind of 3D terrain over your head.

"4" - yes, you can activate it as many times as you want on the same computer.
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

BeitragThema: Re: Before starting a new map... couple questions.   Before starting a new map... couple questions. Icon_minitimeMi 16 März - 20:48

kd schrieb:
1 - if the original Spandau objects are enough for you, then no, you don't need. Also there are some new objects coming out already, i predict the number of these things will rise soon.
2 - no, you will probably need blender for this.
3 - you should create the roads first (it is pretty flexible, but be careful, the buses in the game are not so powerful on steeper (> 20 degrees) hills), then the terrain beneath it. The terrain matching to the roads is tedious thing, but can be done without real problems. One thing you can't make is tunnels or any kind of 3D terrain over your head.

"4" - yes, you can activate it as many times as you want on the same computer.

Thanks for the detailed answers, really appreciated.

About point "2", I asked because I was in need of creating some special roundabouts and intersections, and I though on the idea of placing asphalt ground and then defining vehicle paths as well as placing sidewalks around. But if this doesn't offer this feature, I guess I'm stuck to predefined roundabouts, or either forced to create them on Blender.

So I guess I'll try creating a map sometime in my future, maybe 200 years from now, keeping in mind that last time I installed Blender I was barealy able to create a simple cube... Rolling Eyes
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Before starting a new map... couple questions.   Before starting a new map... couple questions. Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Before starting a new map... couple questions.
Seite 1 von 1