ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Automatic next stop announcement issue

Nach unten 
+5
Irreo
supertoast92
Marpe
rabbit
valir
9 verfasser
AutorNachricht
valir

Anzahl der Beiträge : 21

Automatic next stop announcement issue Empty
BeitragThema: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 6:49

Hi guys,

As far as I read in the manual and here, D92 has an automatic next stop announcement.
I think I am missing something or I didn't understand it correctly... in my case for D92 bus, station announcement works only if I do it manually, by pressing
"Q" key, the clutch or pressing "Next stop" button on the IBIS. I didn't press Forward or Back (Mute).

Any ideas how to make it work correctly, automatic?
Thanks!
Valentin
Nach oben Nach unten
rabbit

Anzahl der Beiträge : 22

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 8:08

It works already correctly. There are no automatic announcements in these old busses Wink For that you must wait a few years.
Nach oben Nach unten
valir

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 10:52

This is an extract from english manual:

"Cycling through stops
When you press [Q], the clutch (loudspeaker key) or the IBIS “Next
Stop” or “Forward (Mute)” buttons, the next stop will be selected and
displayed. If the bus has an automatic announcement system, like the
D92, the next stop will be announced automatically, unless you’ve
pressed “Forward (Mute)”."

It is written that the next stop will be announced automatically for D92. For me automatically it means that I don't have to press each time the clutch or IBIS "Next stop" button once the route is introduced and started.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 11:06

valir schrieb:

"Cycling through stops

It is written that the next stop will be announced automatically for D92. For me automatically it means that I don't have to press each time the clutch or IBIS "Next stop" button once the route is introduced and started.

Yes, an automatic announcement system, which means that a lady will read up the next stop so you don't have to do it. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
valir

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 11:10

Marpe schrieb:
valir schrieb:

"Cycling through stops

Yes, an automatic announcement system, which means that a lady will read up the next stop so you don't have to do it. Wink

Ok, now I get it what automatically means in this case Very Happy
Thanks!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 17:07

A fully automated system would be nice, but in the real world these tend to use GPS, which didn't exist in 1989. Laughing So yes Valir, it is working correctly, you do have to press Q.
Nach oben Nach unten
supertoast92

Anzahl der Beiträge : 77

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 21:56

Hope you don't mine me going off on a slight tangent here, but I was curious as to how the IBIS-2 system knows how late / early you are if there is no GPS system integrated into the computer Question
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 22:23

Replaying to the post. Maybe you already know this, but with the automatic system on the D92, you don't have to change the bus signal manually either when you reach the last stop. Each time you reach the termibus, just hit the "next stop" button and it will rotate automatically.

supertoast92 schrieb:
Hope you don't mine me going off on a slight tangent here, but I was curious as to how the IBIS-2 system knows how late / early you are if there is no GPS system integrated into the computer Question

Maybe I'm wrong, but when I though the same, my conclusion was that it must be some kind of calculation based both on speed and current time. So if you're on a red light for 30 seconds, the system knows you're stoped, therefore you are 30 seconds late. Then when you continue moving, if you go at 70km/h it calculates the distance driven, and assuming where you should be at that speed, it calculates if you're too early or too late.

But as I said, it's just something I guessed, that maybe has nothing to do with the real thing Rolling Eyes
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 14:11

I reckon it's as simple as;

It refers to the loaded timetable (the times for each stop on the route) and compares these with 'present time' and location, by use of the driver pressing the 'next stop' (Q) button.

So if the timetable says you should be at Rathaus Spandau at 13:00 and you leave leave Ruhlebener Str. (the stop before) at 12:57 and hit the Q button (to say you're approaching Rathaus Spandau), it will report that you're 3 minutes early (-3.0).

That's my understanding of it anyway; target time for stop versus actual time at stop = variance.

No GPS needed, as the driver is telling the machine what stop the bus is at, via the 'next' (Q) button / pedal.

Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
valir

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 19:42

The thing with Q is not really what is used in my opinion as you can forgot to press it or you can pass by one, two stops without stoping and so on.
I didn't open the scenery editor but my opinion is that timetable is the reference and then there are some 'triggers''builtin the map for each station which detects the bus presence and then time is compared.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 20:04

You're probably right, for in the sim (as it's easier in the virtual world to track).
Nach oben Nach unten
TriGlav

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 21:41

In my city, announcements on older buses (NG312, O405GN, NG313) are triggered by distance travelled, even if bus passes bus stop, it stiill knows where on route it is.

Newer Lion's City G, Conecto and Conecto G have GPS announcements.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 23:35

Well I tested it, and indeed I stand corrected, OMSI doesn't simply use the 'Q' position.

The reason I know this now is because I ran the 92 from Stadtgrenze - Freudstrasse, but I missed out Altstadt (just turned left at the roundabout and went straight up towards Freudstr.).

OMSI must use actual bus stops for it's auto timing function on the IBIS too, because although I just skipped the 2 Altstadt bus stops by pressing 'Q' twice, it didn't register and my time ran later and later and later on the IBIS2.... (even though I got to Freustr. 4 mins early!).

So the auto timing function on the IBIS 2 was waiting for me physically drive past the 2 Altstadt bus stops and because I didn't, the timing function stopped giving my correct -/+ variance.

...clearly OMSI is using a vintage GPS technology Laughing Laughing

Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
desiro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 13:18

TriGlav schrieb:
In my city, announcements on older buses (NG312, O405GN, NG313) are triggered by distance travelled, even if bus passes bus stop, it stiill knows where on route it is.

Newer Lion's City G, Conecto and Conecto G have GPS announcements.

But on some GPS positions, they are wrong. Becouse bus goes through one intersection twice in one direction, and the system anounce nerest station, on wich bus have alrady stopped in his round. Very Happy Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 13:40

davidrogers schrieb:

...clearly OMSI is using a vintage GPS technology Laughing Laughing

Don't forget it's still a game, man Wink

Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitimeMi 9 März - 16:41

valir schrieb:

The thing with Q is not really what is used in my opinion as you can forgot to press it or you can pass by one, two stops without stoping and so on.
I didn't open the scenery editor but my opinion is that timetable is the reference and then there are some 'triggers''builtin the map for each station which detects the bus presence and then time is compared.

In my hometown of London the driver actually does the same thing, presses the next stop button on the Oyster / Ticket Machine and if he's forgotten to press it after a couple tops you go through the stop until you reach the one you're currently at. However we use iBus now and that is a GPS based technology but before time everything was manual and all we had was the 'Bus Stopping' i do like the D92 for that feature, adds a lovely enhancement to the game, but i prefer rolling the blinds myself.

Love this game. Love it Love it Love IT! bounce
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic next stop announcement issue   Automatic next stop announcement issue Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Automatic next stop announcement issue
Seite 1 von 1