ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Automatic rear doors?

Nach unten 
+12
Se7en
tomtoon
peterZZD
Oblong
Kernel
Indigo1507
Janniboy
Rüdiger Hülsmann
aarongilp
DIMI
Marcel Kuhnt
Amy Rose
16 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

Automatic rear doors? Empty
BeitragThema: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 21 Jan - 2:07

I don't know if this simulator will feature automatic rear doors as in the doors open when the ai gets out either if its a pressurized floor system, bar pushing, and possibly more that I can't think of, since in other bus simulators you would have to 100% manually open the back door, and I don't mind about automatic rear doors with the option to keep them open (manual open rear doors) since there is usually a timer of the amount of seconds until doors close, and before you tell me to watch the video, I thought that was just lettering, since you could stick a decal there and you're done.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 21 Jan - 9:47

Yes, our buses have automatic rear doors. Either the passengers or the driver can activate them and they close automatically after some time. As driver you can also hold them in open position with a special switch.
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSa 22 Jan - 0:09

Ok thank you! Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

Anzahl der Beiträge : 178

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSo 23 Jan - 20:54

What? These historical buses has got this function? Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSo 23 Jan - 21:03

DIMI schrieb:
What? These historical buses has got this function? Very Happy
There are buses from the 50s and 60s that have auto doors, but I believe only in the form of stepping on a step since its pressurized but i don't know about the older ones
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSo 23 Jan - 21:08

This is not a very complecated function... please mind: Zuse 1 was much more older! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSo 23 Jan - 21:10

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
This is not a very complecated function... please mind: Zuse 1 was much more older! Wink
I googled Zuse 1 and is it a computer of some sort unless I'm corrected Question
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSo 23 Jan - 23:49

Yes, this was a little fun! Wink Zuse 1 was one of the first Computers and built in 1938 by Konrad Zuse. Interesting: He developed the floating point data format we all use everytime in our PCs! Wink

I just meant: Our buses are a little bit older, but some tricky automation systems are a lot of older then our buses! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeMo 24 Jan - 1:12

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Yes, this was a little fun! Wink Zuse 1 was one of the first Computers and built in 1938 by Konrad Zuse. Interesting: He developed the floating point data format we all use everytime in our PCs! Wink

I just meant: Our buses are a little bit older, but some tricky automation systems are a lot of older then our buses! Wink
Oh that explains Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 28 Jan - 18:14

Hi!
Maybe my English language understanding is not as well as I thought, but...are you talking about buses with automatic exit doors? Does it really exists? I haven't heard this never before, as in my country doors (any of them in the bus) are always controlled by driver, without any kind of automatisms...

So, if I haven't misunderstood your messages, SD buses will come with this automatic system, am I wrong? And...if this happens and I want to open manually rear doors, will I have preference over passengers? I explain this...will passengers be waiting until the exact moment when the bus stops for opening the doors or will they wait some seconds, allowing me to open these doors before them (passengers)? I hope you will understand me, I thing I've not been so clear...:S

Thanks!
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 28 Jan - 18:42

The automatic rear doors on Berlin buses can only be opened if there's a so called "stop request". This stop request can either be given by the passengers by pushing the stop buttons in the bus or by the driver himself. When the driver sets the stop brake, the rear doors unlock and open if there has been a stop request. If not, they can now be openend at any time by pushing the stop button (or a special switch on the dashboard). They close automatically a few seconds after the last passenger has got out of the bus. Thus, the driver can only manually open them but they won't close immediately after the driver has withdrawn the door release, they always need a few seconds until they finally close. Once they are closed, they cannot be opend until the driver releases the doors again.
Nach oben Nach unten
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 28 Jan - 18:45

aarongilp schrieb:
I thing I've not been so clear...:S

...but clear enough Wink

Yes, they're talking about automatic rear doors which were used in the buses included in OMSI.

They don't work exactly the way you just described, so let me explain:
The door automatism can be activated by the driver, so the passengers can open the door by using any stop-button in the bus. Then the door opens, and after a while it closes again - of course not if there's a passenger in there Very Happy
The driver cannot explicitly open and close the door manually, but he can use a stop-switch which is located in the cockpit panel. When the drivers turns on this switch, it permanently sends the "STOP"-message to the door - thus the door will stay open. This is useful e.g. when mothers with their buggy want to get on the bus.
So in a nutshell, the bus driver cannot open and close the rear door in the way he can open and close the front door, but he can make the rear door stay open Wink

EDIT: damn, Marcel was faster
Mad Very Happy
EDIT 2: that's not my day, of course RÜDIGER was faster Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 28 Jan - 18:53

Janniboy schrieb:
aarongilp schrieb:
I thing I've not been so clear...:S

...but clear enough Wink

Yes, they're talking about automatic rear doors which were used in the buses included in OMSI.

They don't work exactly the way you just described, so let me explain:
The door automatism can be activated by the driver, so the passengers can open the door by using any stop-button in the bus. Then the door opens, and after a while it closes again - of course not if there's a passenger in there Very Happy
The driver cannot explicitly open and close the door manually, but he can use a stop-switch which is located in the cockpit panel. When the drivers turns on this switch, it permanently sends the "STOP"-message to the door - thus the door will stay open. This is useful e.g. when mothers with their buggy want to get on the bus.
So in a nutshell, the bus driver cannot open and close the rear door in the way he can open and close the front door, but he can make the rear door stay open Wink

EDIT: damn, Marcel was faster
Mad Very Happy
EDIT 2: that's not my day, of course RÜDIGER was faster Laughing

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
The automatic rear doors on Berlin buses can only be opened if there's a so called "stop request". This stop request can either be given by the passengers by pushing the stop buttons in the bus or by the driver himself. When the driver sets the stop brake, the rear doors unlock and open if there has been a stop request. If not, they can now be openend at any time by pushing the stop button (or a special switch on the dashboard). They close automatically a few seconds after the last passenger has got out of the bus. Thus, the driver can only manually open them but they won't close immediately after the driver has withdrawn the door release, they always need a few seconds until they finally close. Once they are closed, they cannot be opend until the driver releases the doors again.

Thanks both for your quick answers. I've never heard of any kind of system like this, so I think I will fight a lot with OMSI buses before I get used to them Very Happy After some readings of your messages, it still sounds weird for me...

I throw to both Rüdiger and Marcel a question of which I think I know the answer (it's always the same Very Happy) but...will be the classic system (two doors, two open/close buttons, both controlled only by the driver) be implemented or possible in OMSI? I'm sure answer will be: "Not implemented yet, but yes, possible!", and if this, there is one more thing to put in my list of things to be implemented in omsi when it's released Very Happy

Thanks!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Indigo1507

Anzahl der Beiträge : 124

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 28 Jan - 19:47

Should be implemented in at least one bus. See for yourself: http://www.omnibussimulator.de/screenshot/091109/2009%201108_55_SD85.jpg

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.discover-band.de
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 28 Jan - 20:04

Indigo1507 schrieb:
Should be implemented in at least one bus. See for yourself: http://www.omnibussimulator.de/screenshot/091109/2009%201108_55_SD85.jpg

No, in Berlin the first door was controlled by TWO buttons - one for the left wing and one for the right (at least that's what I mean to have read here) Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeFr 28 Jan - 20:33

Yes that's right! Both red buttons are for the front door.
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSa 29 Jan - 18:44

Oh i though there is just a different soeed of animations.. So how do they open/close rear doors manually?
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSa 29 Jan - 19:05

Sesame open yourself.
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeSa 29 Jan - 20:34

DIMI schrieb:
Oh i though there is just a different soeed of animations.. So how do they open/close rear doors manually?
You can't close the rear doors for safety concerns, but you can open manually the rear doors, and then once you release it, the rear doors close after X seconds
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeMo 31 Jan - 15:21

Alright, maybe there is something what could many thing explain.. I have read the articel about game one more time and I´ve got one question: So the game is in the 1980s, BUT with todays busses? (I´m talking about this sentence: "The virtual bus driver will be provided with detailed models of the contemporary MAN doubledeckers SD200 and SD202 from different years of manufacture." So that means that we will play with today´s version of these busses made in 1980s? But the game still runs 1980s?
Nach oben Nach unten
Oblong

Oblong

Anzahl der Beiträge : 416

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeMo 31 Jan - 16:07

no,that are busses from the 1980s ("contemporary" meens the time from the game)
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeMo 31 Jan - 16:14

Easily I can´t believe that already in 1980s were the computers and buse panels like in the game are used... But maybe in the west Berlin it was... Do you have any photos of these busses 30 years old?
Nach oben Nach unten
Oblong

Oblong

Anzahl der Beiträge : 416

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeMo 31 Jan - 16:25

Zuletzt von Oblong am Mo 31 Jan - 16:33 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeMo 31 Jan - 16:27

User Staakener has recently posted a photo of himself sitting on the driver's seat of an SD77 in 1989 in this thread:
https://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t1061p15-meine-anmerkungen-kehre-am-kiesteich
(Note the different board computer, but the ones we use were introduced at the end of the 80s)

And yes, "contemporary" in this case refers to the time we're simulating in OMSI.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitimeMo 31 Jan - 16:35

Technology back in the 80s was actually very advanced... Of course the IBIS must have been introduced later (late 90s?), but just look. The first Windows (R) was introduced in 1985...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Automatic rear doors?   Automatic rear doors? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Automatic rear doors?
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter