ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Problem With OMSI.

Nach unten 
+5
ediblechickenwing
Rüdiger Hülsmann
supertoast92
flippy1008
random.monster1981
9 verfasser
AutorNachricht
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 21:36

I have Just finished installing SP1 to Windows 7, I went to load OMSI and a box appears with "4" on it.

I then click the OK box and a message appears "OMSI was not activated correctly! Please use aerosoft launcher for activation"

This is NOT ON guys.

knowing full well we only get 3 activations, and then upon launching it after it has been fine any other time to find we have to activate again?

I am NOT happy with this at all!
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 21:40

Did you activate it while in Adminstrator mode. If not, it does not save those details and you cant really blame anyone else for it.

Plus if its on the same computer each time you have unlimited activisions...its based per comp!
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 21:47

flippy1008 schrieb:
Did you activate it while in Adminstrator mode. If not, it does not save those details and you cant really blame anyone else for it.

Plus if its on the same computer each time you have unlimited activisions...its based per comp!

my whole PC runs in admin mode, I do not run windows with UAC enabled as I am the only one who uses it.

so anyway, its asking me to activate it again, which is unacceptable to find that I only get 3 activations and one is wasted by simply updating windows -.-
Nach oben Nach unten
supertoast92

Anzahl der Beiträge : 77

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 21:52

random.monster1981 schrieb:
flippy1008 schrieb:

my whole PC runs in admin mode, I do not run windows with UAC enabled as I am the only one who uses it.

so anyway, its asking me to activate it again, which is unacceptable to find that I only get 3 activations and one is wasted by simply updating windows -.-

I had the same issue when I installed SP1 today. It shouldn't use up another one of your codes since it's the same machine, just as flippy said. Plus, in the Aerosoft manager it read something along the lines of "activate again," most likely meaning it recognizes it was activated already on the current machine and thus shouldn't use separate key Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 21:53

I'm not sure if that activation has been wasted at all. I think, as long as the hardware key hasn't changed, you can activate OMSI as often as you want.
Nach oben Nach unten
supertoast92

Anzahl der Beiträge : 77

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 21:55

When I went to reactivate earlier, the information was already filled out in the window. I don't know if that means it won't use a separate activation?
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 22:05

@supertoast: It was already filled in the box the first time I activated, so it doesn't necessarily mean it won't use a second activation. It always does that.

It seems there's some uncertainty here, @M+R; are you able to check this out with Aerosoft and get back to us on this? I'm about to upgrade to SP1 but if it means I'll need to use a second activation out of my allowance of 3 then I'll wait and something needs to be sorted out.

I think it was a really bad decision to use this system in the first place, it's very flawed and it still doesn't really help much in preventing piracy etc which it's apparently supposed to do. Another game I have apparently has a similar system but it allows you to "deactivate" one of your activations and then reactivate later to avoid losing one if you plan to do something like reformat your computer/reinstall the operating system, but I can't find such a function in this case.
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 22:07

This activation stuff is crap, It's already on pirate bay anyway so it can't be that good at preventing piracy.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 23:01

Walker schrieb:
This activation stuff is crap, It's already on pirate bay anyway so it can't be that good at preventing piracy.

Didn't take them long.
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 0:06

Walker schrieb:
Recently checked as I was curious, and even if activation is overridden, theres no one to seed it, so it beats the point since you can't download it
Nach oben Nach unten
CyberOps

Anzahl der Beiträge : 39

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 7:48

I had the same problem after installing SP1 for windows 7, what it does it deactivated the activation of OMSI, because according to the SP1 it changed internal windows settings so you have to activate it again but it counts now as being on a different PC
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 11:40

There is a sub-forum for OMSI over on the Aerosoft Support Forum, so I would of thought it better to direct actual code/game queries on this forum, and purchase/activation queries on the AS forum, but just a thought.

Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 14:34

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
I'm not sure if that activation has been wasted at all. I think, as long as the hardware key hasn't changed, you can activate OMSI as often as you want.
So when you activate it 3 times and you want to play it again and activate, you have to pay for the game again?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 14:40

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
So when you activate it 3 times and you want to play it again and activate, you have to pay for the game again?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Problem With OMSI. Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Problem With OMSI.   Problem With OMSI. Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Problem With OMSI.
Seite 1 von 1