ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Editor Question

Nach unten 
+2
krtz07
random.monster1981
6 verfasser
AutorNachricht
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 13:37

Okay Here's a big question for Marcel/Rudiger.

Considering quite a few of us are having FPS issues, how possible is it for us to Edit the Main Berlin Map and remove many un-needed features ( such as the full depot's ) and tree's, thus reducing the amount of polies to load on each tile ( which would significantly increase FPS )

Or does Marcel and Rudiger plan to create a low poly version of the Berlin Map for those on weaker systems ( I'm on a quad core Phenom II CPU with 4GB Ram and an ATI HD 5770 and still Lag on Berlin )

doing this would no doubt benefit your sales of OMSI and would help those of us who have paid get better performance out of OMSI.

Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 13:49

I found out if you start OMSI and use the load route with no buses option, then select the main route. The FPS will be hovering around 60 FPS, average around 25-35FPS when driving around. Even when you put a new bus on the route with your starting location being at Depot. The FPS around the depot using the, "load route with no buses option" are actually pretty desirable. It is only when you use the depot parade option is when FPS goes to hell!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 14:33

krtz07 schrieb:
I found out if you start OMSI and use the load route with no buses option, then select the main route. The FPS will be hovering around 60 FPS, average around 25-35FPS when driving around. Even when you put a new bus on the route with your starting location being at Depot. The FPS around the depot using the, "load route with no buses option" are actually pretty desirable. It is only when you use the depot parade option is when FPS goes to hell!

But whats the fun in being the only bus on the route?
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 14:35

krtz07 schrieb:

I know that, I do that all the time and regularly only hit 15-25FPS on my PC with the "no buses" option, I want to get at least 35FPS on the main Berlin map, I want to know if editing the main map in the editor by removing stuff would increase my framerates.

Marcel and Rudiger SHOULD also release a lower poly version of the map for us to enjoy at a decent FPS.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 14:49

"low poly" is not everything! Did you reduced everything to "minimum" yet?
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 15:48

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
"low poly" is not everything! Did you reduced everything to "minimum" yet?

yep and still poor performance.

in case you were wondering my PC specifications.

AMD Phenom II black edition ( 3.0Ghz quad core )
4GB Ram
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB DX11 GPU
Windows 7 Home Premium.
Playing on 1920x1080 ( there is no option to change resolution will this be added? )

If I can run Bad Company 2, Call of Duty Black ops and other high cpu intensive games and get 60+ FPS then I should with OMSI even at full settings.

May I ask, what were your settings when you recorded the Video's?
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 15:59

I have quite exactly the same PC as you have: AMD Phenom 965@3.4 Ghz, ATI HD5770, 8 GB RAM, Win7 Professional 64, 1920*1200.
And I'm getting between 20 and 35 FPS in Spandau with the "PC from 2009" setting. So I have no idea what's wrong with your system, it should perform well, even on higher settings.

EDIT: On minimum settings, I get 43 FPS sitting in a bus at Rathaus Spandau.

Zuletzt von Rüdiger Hülsmann am Di 22 Feb - 16:09 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 16:07

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
I have quite exactly the same PC as you have: AMD Phenom 965@3.4 Ghz, ATI HD5770, 8 GB RAM, Win7 Professional 64, 1920*1200.
And I'm getting between 20 and 35 FPS in Spandau with the "PC from 2009" setting. So I have no idea what's wrong with your system, it should perform well, even on higher settings.

ok I'll try the 2009 setting, By the way, have you noticed FPS drops as it loads the next part of the route?

Also, ( as the ENG manual isn't ready yet ) what does the "Neighbour tile count" option do?
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 16:15

The short FPS drops while loading new objects and textures are normal. They can be reduced by turning "low res textures in high distances" OFF (but only if your video card has enough memory, which, in your case, it has).

Neighbour tiles count means how many tiles (size 300m*300m) are visible in every direction. If the slider is set to 1, then only the 8 tiles surrounding your current tile are displayed. When it's set to 2, then there will be 24 tiles visible plus your current tile. So more than setting "3" on this slider is not useful in a city area, for you won't be able to look that far and the number of tiles rises exponentially.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 22:20

The short FPS drops while loading new objects and textures are normal. They can be reduced by turning "low res textures in high distances" OFF (but only if your video card has enough memory, which, in your case, it has).

Neighbour tiles count means how many tiles (size 300m*300m) are visible in every direction. If the slider is set to 1, then only the 8 tiles surrounding your current tile are displayed. When it's set to 2, then there will be 24 tiles visible plus your current tile. So more than setting "3" on this slider is not useful in a city area, for you won't be able to look that far and the number of tiles rises exponentially.

Thank you, Also one more thing, when I run OMSI it always runs at my monitor's native Resolution ( 1920x1080 ) how can I run it in Full screen @ 1280x720?

Is there a Command Line I must add to a shortcut to run it in that Resolution?
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 22:36

random.monster1981 schrieb:

Thank you, Also one more thing, when I run OMSI it always runs at my monitor's native Resolution ( 1920x1080 ) how can I run it in Full screen @ 1280x720?

If you have a nVidia graphics adapter, you can do this through the nVidia Control Panel
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
random.monster1981

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 13:56

Thiago schrieb:
random.monster1981 schrieb:

If you have a nVidia graphics adapter, you can do this through the nVidia Control Panel

I use ATI HD 5770
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Editor Question  Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Editor Question    Editor Question  Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Editor Question
Seite 1 von 1